Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

iv'e had enough of skeptics

zos14

i've had enough, each time somebody starts a topic about psionics directed to help other people , wether it's TK, telepathy, etc....... a skeptic comes out and says give us proof, well you're not gonna get any, what's in it for me if i proved it to you anyway, huh, i don't need no money, i'm fine. and by the way stop calling us psi kiddies, not all of us are 10-13 years old. and i've heard a skeptic here saying that we call ourselves psions because it makes us fell special and that it is taken from fiction. that's not true, the term psionics was proposed by johnW. Campbell, it was invented in the field of parapsychology to denote a variety of psychic abilities, it's not our fault that it was later used in fictional video games!!!!!!! look you have an idea, you don't like it, don't buy it, but i have just one question, if you don't buy, it why do you care if other people did???????

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zos14

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• ravergirl

• chaoszerg

Top Posters In This Topic

So your that fed up of them you started another topic that you know will have them flocking :rolleyes:

nice move :tu:

In all seriousness though this is a great site with a great mix of both skeptic and believer and you have too take it on the chin. each has there rights too an opinion wether you or i like it or not .

Guess you have to get used to it :yes:

I think the reason people care is because (well for me personally) if someone thinks they can do something extraordinary like control fire. telekenesis or psi wheels etc etc . then why is it so bad to expect them to show me this incredible feat . I mean seriously it would be hot news wouldnt it if someone finally came up with the goods .

SS79 x

Edited by spiritual_soul79

I'm typing using only my mind right now.

Just kidding! I'm using my fingers.

i've had enough, each time somebody starts a topic about psionics directed to help other people , wether it's TK, telepathy, etc....... a skeptic comes out and says give us proof, well you're not gonna get any, what's in it for me if i proved it to you anyway, huh, i don't need no money, i'm fine. and by the way stop calling us psi kiddies, not all of us are 10-13 years old. and i've heard a skeptic here saying that we call ourselves psions because it makes us fell special and that it is taken from fiction. that's not true, the term psionics was proposed by johnW. Campbell, it was invented in the field of parapsychology to denote a variety of psychic abilities, it's not our fault that it was later used in fictional video games!!!!!!! look you have an idea, you don't like it, don't buy it, but i have just one question, if you don't buy, it why do you care if other people did???????

*Don't cry for me Argentina*

Skeptics wish to see this amazing ability that people claim because we really want to believe this stuff, unfortunately we always receive lame excuses.

If you wish to play make believe that is fine but if you are going to claim it as fact back it up with evidence and not lame excuses.

Edited by chaoszerg

If skeptics bother you, stop responding to their posts and ignore them. It's really that simple. Otherwise, you're just feeding them.

we've shown a lot of evidence, but skeptics simply keep coming up with excuses such as it was the room temperature that moved the wheel, or blah blah blah....... there are always excuses, and spiritual soul, you think that we can control ice and fire etc...., true but we can't shoot fireballs we can heat up things and set little objects on fire, well not me but i know people who can, i mean there are limits, there's difference between sci-fi and realtiy.

we've shown a lot of evidence, but skeptics simply keep coming up with excuses such as it was the room temperature that moved the wheel, or blah blah blah....... there are always excuses, and spiritual soul, you think that we can control ice and fire etc...., true but we can't shoot fireballs we can heat up things and set little objects on fire, well not me but i know people who can, i mean there are limits, there's difference between sci-fi and realtiy.

NEVER, not once, has a claimed ability like that been demonstrated in controlled labratory conditions.

That's why I don't believe when I'm shown videos or photos of stuff.

If you show something that can be recreated by normal means then it is not psi powers.

Im not asking anyone to show me magnificent proof they can shoot fireballs LOL just that they can back up their claims is all . you say your friends can set little things on fire. with their mind i'm assuming ??

cool i'd like to see it before I believed it thats all . no harm in that is there ??

Edited by spiritual_soul79

Wow. We reply to these topics because of all the fiction floating around. If skeptics were never on this board, what would it look like? I'll tell you: a comic book.

Like what? No real scientific evidence at all. Boo ya.

The excuses come from those claiming these abilities.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Strange-People.htm, check this site out it shows lots of psychic, cases, put through scientific testing,look eric i do not mean to insult you skeptics, but someties,or most of the time you're just too offensive, anyway you all chek out that link and tell me what ya think. :D

Ok so.

1) the skeptics hep you more than hurt you...by questioning you they are fueling your belief and quest for proof. thank them not hate them..,I love them and they tell me im wrong all the time...Right Eric Raven and Chaos....but they love me...you know they do.

2)Im a raver...I don't know if you can tell by my name but it is true...anywhoo. i am a 22 year old career woman that gets called a candy kid every weekend...psi kid, candy kid, hippy chick...it's just a group name they aren't calling you children.

3)not all skeptics are skeptics...a skeptic is someone that is interested in believing you but cant for lack of proof....the person that tries to debunk you in hopes that this time they will be wrong. the other people are sometimes just people being jerks.

When any of you x-men can actually go to the proper people and show them your amazing powers that cannot be recreated by normal means and it becomes truth then I will believe. But at the moment I guess we will have to stick to crappy excuses like Oh I don't need money anyway so I don't have to prove it.

http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Strange-People.htm, check this site out it shows lots of psychic, cases, put through scientific testing,look eric i do not mean to insult you skeptics, but someties,or most of the time you're just too offensive, anyway you all chek out that link and tell me what ya think. :D

And how do you believers sound to us? The same way.No offense to you either. :)

Sorry, but that site is not impressive.

Show us a up to date scientific study that shows these abilities. Good luck finding them.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

What's a raver? you go to raves?

are you serious? um yes it's true. you caught me. im a big techno nerd and i like flashy things

i personaly like sceptics.

it makes me think "outside the box" and dig up research as to what is being discussed.

i cannot sway anyone elses opinion if mine is not flexible.

but its not about swaying opinion, its about discusion and sharing what we think and "feel" about certain topcs.

in any group you will find those that agree and disagree.

both have valid points, and it is by listening and discussing that we learn.

there is no conversation when only one person is talking.

wait a second ravergirl, i know that eric and chaos don't hate me, i don't even know them, and you're right there should always be skeptics at all times so that others don't get carried away,but too much skepticism r******s the world you know. anyway i do have scientific explanations for each case, but i'm not gonna lie, i can't do any of those things yet, but when i do, i promise that i will do the best i can to proveit to you.

do not get so 'rattled' about it, it is not worth it.

as you stated there is nothing to prove to anyone.

avoid the 'sceptics' and concentrate on the like-minded, share and be proud of your experiences. Unfortunately you cannot avoid yellow journalism in whatever you do, so do what ever you want and allow others to deal with yellow fever... ;)

are you serious? um yes it's true. you caught me. im a big techno nerd and i like flashy things

yes, I'm serious. What's a raver?

do not get so 'rattled' about it, it is not worth it.

as you stated there is nothing to prove to anyone.

avoid the 'sceptics' and concentrate on the like-minded, share and be proud of your experiences. Unfortunately you cannot avoid yellow journalism in whatever you do, so do what ever you want and allow others to deal with yellow fever... ;)

ehhh, excuse me but what do you mean by yellow fever???????

http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Strange-People.htm, check this site out it shows lots of psychic, cases, put through scientific testing

No it doesn't. I saw mostly anecdotal evidence and some tales of scientific testing done in the 1800's.

where, specifically, have the put someone through a real, peer accepted scientific examination and found that they had powers? I've yet to see that.

avoid the 'sceptics' and concentrate on the like-minded,

:rolleyes:

Yes just listen to others who claim laser eye beams and weather manipulation, ignore those with common sense who wish to see amazing evidence so they can go WOW THAT'S GREAT so they can believe in it and try for themselves.

Edited by chaoszerg

ok well, not all of them, but seriously, what's the point of faking a wishy washy pseudo psyhic supernatural abilitie unless there's cash in the whole thing huh????? ;)

Edited by nirvanic demon

ok well, not all of them, but seriously, what's the point of faking a wishy washy peudo psyhic supernatural abilitie.

To feel special.