Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Secret Of The Pyramid.

KrowMax

Could You Imagine How Ancient Egyptians made there great Pyramid.

Could be possible that people build that at that time..?

post-124704-0-91469900-1355465188_thumb.post-124704-0-91469900-1355465188_thumb.

I think that pyramid holds many secret inside it but people did discovered it yet ..Could Anyone discover the true secret of pyramid..Think of it ...It will be the greatest discovery ever...

This video reveals the secrets of the pyramids! maybe...... Yes I know it's not Anglish, but I put it here because it is not some tired old Discovery or Natgeo documentary that we all saw a million times. Also Hawass only for a few seconds (it was impossible not to have him at all back in the days). What is missing from this video is that in GP is stasis chamber for god Khonsu......

http://youtu.be/KlrfEvtkfOM

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

I think that pyramid holds many secret inside it but people did discovered it yet ..Could Anyone discover the true secret of pyramid..Think of it ...It will be the greatest discovery ever...

Yes quite possible for the people of the time to build it. In fact with the discoveries of the worker camps and the ramp on the south side of the pyramid it is pretty much assured that they did build it.

• Like 1

This video reveals the secrets of the pyramids! maybe...... Yes I know it's not Anglish, but I put it here because it is not some tired old Discovery or Natgeo documentary that we all saw a million times. Also Hawass only for a few seconds (it was impossible not to have him at all back in the days). What is missing from this video is that in GP is stasis chamber for god Khonsu......

I am unable to watch you tube here so I can not, at this time, comment on the supposed secrets it talks about. I can say though that there is no evidence that the Great Pyramid was ever a stasis chamber.

Edited by Quaentum

I am unable to watch you tube here so I can not, at this time, comment on the supposed secrets it talks about. I can say though that there is no evidence that the Great Pyramid was ever a stasis chamber.

Not in the science fiction meaning. It comes from description of GP as being Osiris, and this - Osiris is the sun's light in the moon. To me the moon is manifested as Khonsu, and Khonsu is to Osiris as Horus is to Ra. Though all are one, all manifestations of Ra-Horakhty-Aton. In GP sleeps a god waiting to be resurected. This god is Osiris who will be resurected as Khonsu. When Khonsu wakes and emerges when the world is turmoil and darkness, then he will wake Horus and the sun will be re-born and the world saved. So, not December 21, but December 25, the birthday of the sun, of Kharpokrat who is Horus who is Ra-Horakhty-Aton who is God.

Attention! this is not my theory, honestly, it is simply for amusement, I hope.......

There are many theoretical methods as to how The Great Pyramids of Egypt were procreated, all pragmatical. Not one containing the foolheaded idea that some other worldly being came down to help the Egyptians create such an amazing World Wonder. I truly hope this isn't what you are trying to insinuate, either.

edit: Oh, wait... must have been the work of Anunnaki!

Edited by xTc i_i

post-124704-0-91469900-1355465188_thumb.post-124704-0-91469900-1355465188_thumb.

Claims throughout history have been that mankind had help from the stars, building the pyramids and other monumental structures around the globe, while in the form of those who had at one time crash-landed or fallen from grace. Others say it was the influence of the one and only God. Some disagree entirely and say mankind did this all alone, whether explained or not, through sheer determination, will power and technology of the time. One way or another, it wasn’t so easy that some old cave man could have done it.

I speak for myself to say that I support the theory that other life forms do exist out there, somewhere in the infinite, regardless of any possible influence on humanity. This planet space ship Earth is spinning upon the axis in a daily rotation that can be measured at an average rate of over 1500 arc feet/sec, equaling over 1000 mph. A yearly average of distance in displacement while orbiting the sun can be calculated at a velocity of over 70.000 mph. The sun is moving at an even more incredible rate of speed while circumnavigating one spiral arm of the galactic core, dragging the Earth and the entire solar system along, as well. It is safe to say that we are moving along at a phenomenal rate of speed throughout the Universe, every moment of every day.

I ask you to contemplate for yourself. How many other worlds could make up the great beyond? My opinion is that surely we're not alone. What do you think? How many stars are in the night sky? Wouldn’t it seem selfish and somewhat naïve to assume we are the only beings, the only life forms anywhere, while considering the billions of other planets and celestial objects within the whole cosmos? Personally, I find it very unlikely and do not support that idea. It appears to me, the odds are far better that other civilizations, maybe some even more advanced than our modern day technology do in fact exist elsewhere, somewhere in the universe. If this is the truth and a fact, then that would make them alien to us. Related in time and body, or not, we as a human race would be born of the soil on this a different world.

Strange as it may sound, this is just another example for the reader to choose to consider the possibilities or not. Today’s science fiction always seems to keep winding up tomorrows reality. Abracadabra, just like that, believe it or not, there it is, accepted fact. It seems to me that sometimes people of the world can be a little close-minded. I know, I can.

Ancient Egyptian legend claims the pyramids contain a vast unending library of knowledge. One riddle told by the Great Sphinx to the ‘passer-by’ says ‘Everyone fears time, but even time fears the pyramids’. This is why. Thutmose IV listened up and cleared away the sand all right. Guess what he found lying at the bottom line?

Legends only remain to tell the tale of unknown mysteries in history, still concealed in ultimate secrecy, left from an ancient bygone time. Life as an Egyptian god was said to include a gateway to infinite, an all seeing eye of wisdom, and the never-ending power to live forever…

Magic is most definitely in the eye of the beholder. Let me assure you, seeing it and believing it may be two different things. Nevertheless, opinion can be irrelevant with the reality at hand. Sometimes science steals the show and illusion becomes real. Allow me to explain my reasoning.

Let’s consider a few inventions of mankind, such as gunpowder, wicked science. Many wizards and/or clever chemists throughout history used this powerful magic of science, and others, as well. Such convincing awesome power formed of the earth and fire, once able to be wielded by the hand of mankind, literally destroyed mountainsides in its way. It didn’t take long to figure out how to properly launch exploding projectiles. Imagine the first time a crude form of fuel was properly primed into a hand-made pumping apparatus, and then set to fire. This very dangerous trick, the somewhat controllable flamethrower was a very powerful science, which the audience better behold immediately. Now put it on wheels like a chariot, and strap it to a painted and feathered horse. Wait until dusk to light it and then swoop down the hillside, bringing it to bear on the city wall. Presto, just like that, while in a blaze of glory, a powerful fire-breathing beast that won’t survive the battle. As the smoke clears and the dust settles, the camera refocuses. Behold the mighty dragon-slayer and future king.

Consider a moment the basic advancements in civilizations of mankind throughout history. Stone tools predated the discovery of soft metals such as copper, tin, and others. Fire is another tool of all periods in time. It can be controlled within mud and stone ovens to maintain a very high temperature when air is forced within. While using the power of fire, air and water, thus allowing the minerals and elements of the Earth to be bended by the hand of mankind, the forge was born. Hereafter came the dawn of the early blacksmiths and craftsman. Casting bigger and better ideas they beat ore into iron, formed molds, and made tools. Fact is that generation forged iron tools. The proof was turned into weapons that eventually oxidized and returned to the elements. Of course gold, silver, bronze… do not rust…

Thousands of years ago during such an age of rapid industrial progression, a mostly forgotten era in civilization, journeyman carpenters and tradesman erected some of the most amazing wonders in the ancient world. They were taught learned secrets, and trained to master engineering skills from the generations preceding them. Those instructors and pioneers of that time tremendously advanced technical achievements and capabilities, whether with alien help or not, while on a grand scale when comparing the years surrounding the timetable. Such was unequaled again until the arrival of today’s technology. Their abilities to bend the elements of the Earth far surpassed that which credit is given unto them, while in respect to additional advancements in technology of that time and not just to mention the obvious erecting of the amazing structures remaining. Just look at the many pyramid and temple sites, spread out throughout the entire world. These magnificent monuments have for thousands of years been nothing more than skeletal ruins of the irremovable ancient evidence left on display. There is indeed much more to the story, then meets the eye. Their magic was science, and it was real, believe it or not.

Progression of sheer will power and determination, leading up to this era in time, had allowed these ancient generations of mankind to work with the earth and the elements once more. Hence, they furthered their knowledge and abilities in construction and engineering sciences of monumental proportions, some still unknown today.

Claims throughout history have been that mankind had help from the stars, building the pyramids and other monumental structures around the globe, while in the form of those who had at one time crash-landed or fallen from grace. Others say it was the influence of the one and only God. Some disagree entirely and say mankind did this all alone, whether explained or not, through sheer determination, will power and technology of the time. One way or another, it wasn’t so easy that some old cave man could have done it.

I speak for myself to say that I support the theory that other life forms do exist out there, somewhere in the infinite, regardless of any possible influence on humanity. This planet space ship Earth is spinning upon the axis in a daily rotation that can be measured at an average rate of over 1500 arc feet/sec, equaling over 1000 mph. A yearly average of distance in displacement while orbiting the sun can be calculated at a velocity of over 70.000 mph. The sun is moving at an even more incredible rate of speed while circumnavigating one spiral arm of the galactic core, dragging the Earth and the entire solar system along, as well. It is safe to say that we are moving along at a phenomenal rate of speed throughout the Universe, every moment of every day.

I ask you to contemplate for yourself. How many other worlds could make up the great beyond? My opinion is that surely we're not alone. What do you think? How many stars are in the night sky? Wouldn’t it seem selfish and somewhat naïve to assume we are the only beings, the only life forms anywhere, while considering the billions of other planets and celestial objects within the whole cosmos? Personally, I find it very unlikely and do not support that idea. It appears to me, the odds are far better that other civilizations, maybe some even more advanced than our modern day technology do in fact exist elsewhere, somewhere in the universe. If this is the truth and a fact, then that would make them alien to us. Related in time and body, or not, we as a human race would be born of the soil on this a different world.

Strange as it may sound, this is just another example for the reader to choose to consider the possibilities or not. Today’s science fiction always seems to keep winding up tomorrows reality. Abracadabra, just like that, believe it or not, there it is, accepted fact. It seems to me that sometimes people of the world can be a little close-minded. I know, I can.

Ancient Egyptian legend claims the pyramids contain a vast unending library of knowledge. One riddle told by the Great Sphinx to the ‘passer-by’ says ‘Everyone fears time, but even time fears the pyramids’. This is why. Thutmose IV listened up and cleared away the sand all right. Guess what he found lying at the bottom line?

Legends only remain to tell the tale of unknown mysteries in history, still concealed in ultimate secrecy, left from an ancient bygone time. Life as an Egyptian god was said to include a gateway to infinite, an all seeing eye of wisdom, and the never-ending power to live forever…

Magic is most definitely in the eye of the beholder. Let me assure you, seeing it and believing it may be two different things. Nevertheless, opinion can be irrelevant with the reality at hand. Sometimes science steals the show and illusion becomes real. Allow me to explain my reasoning.

Let’s consider a few inventions of mankind, such as gunpowder, wicked science. Many wizards and/or clever chemists throughout history used this powerful magic of science, and others, as well. Such convincing awesome power formed of the earth and fire, once able to be wielded by the hand of mankind, literally destroyed mountainsides in its way. It didn’t take long to figure out how to properly launch exploding projectiles. Imagine the first time a crude form of fuel was properly primed into a hand-made pumping apparatus, and then set to fire. This very dangerous trick, the somewhat controllable flamethrower was a very powerful science, which the audience better behold immediately. Now put it on wheels like a chariot, and strap it to a painted and feathered horse. Wait until dusk to light it and then swoop down the hillside, bringing it to bear on the city wall. Presto, just like that, while in a blaze of glory, a powerful fire-breathing beast that won’t survive the battle. As the smoke clears and the dust settles, the camera refocuses. Behold the mighty dragon-slayer and future king.

Consider a moment the basic advancements in civilizations of mankind throughout history. Stone tools predated the discovery of soft metals such as copper, tin, and others. Fire is another tool of all periods in time. It can be controlled within mud and stone ovens to maintain a very high temperature when air is forced within. While using the power of fire, air and water, thus allowing the minerals and elements of the Earth to be bended by the hand of mankind, the forge was born. Hereafter came the dawn of the early blacksmiths and craftsman. Casting bigger and better ideas they beat ore into iron, formed molds, and made tools. Fact is that generation forged iron tools. The proof was turned into weapons that eventually oxidized and returned to the elements. Of course gold, silver, bronze… do not rust…

Thousands of years ago during such an age of rapid industrial progression, a mostly forgotten era in civilization, journeyman carpenters and tradesman erected some of the most amazing wonders in the ancient world. They were taught learned secrets, and trained to master engineering skills from the generations preceding them. Those instructors and pioneers of that time tremendously advanced technical achievements and capabilities, whether with alien help or not, while on a grand scale when comparing the years surrounding the timetable. Such was unequaled again until the arrival of today’s technology. Their abilities to bend the elements of the Earth far surpassed that which credit is given unto them, while in respect to additional advancements in technology of that time and not just to mention the obvious erecting of the amazing structures remaining. Just look at the many pyramid and temple sites, spread out throughout the entire world. These magnificent monuments have for thousands of years been nothing more than skeletal ruins of the irremovable ancient evidence left on display. There is indeed much more to the story, then meets the eye. Their magic was science, and it was real, believe it or not.

Progression of sheer will power and determination, leading up to this era in time, had allowed these ancient generations of mankind to work with the earth and the elements once more. Hence, they furthered their knowledge and abilities in construction and engineering sciences of monumental proportions, some still unknown today.

I'm not going to bother reading your entire post, it's far too long for my concern. I believe in extraterrestrial life, however, I DO believe that we as a species on this planet have NEVER encountered alien life form. The thought of a random E.T. species coming to Earth, helping with the creation of the pyramids is complete nonsense. There's no other way to put it, NONSENSE. You can sit there, twiddle your thumbs, and keep at the wishful thinking... but in reality there is no evidence of such things. Until proven otherwise, yes, The Great Pyramids of Egypt are in fact man made.

Edited by xTc i_i

I'm not going to bother reading your entire post, it's far too long for my concern. Not once did I say I don't believe in extraterrestrial life, however, I DO believe that we as a species on this planet have NEVER encountered alien life form. The thought of a random E.T. species coming to Earth, helping with the creation of the pyramids is complete nonsense. There's no other way to put it, NONSENSE. You can sit there, twiddle your thumbs, and keep at the wishful thinking... but in reality there is no evidence of such things. Until proven otherwise, yes, The Great Pyramids of Egypt are in fact man made. Sorry, bud.

You know maybe you should take the time to read the entire post, because you obviously missed my point. I do believe humans made the pyramids. Debating on whether ET or God for that matter had a hand in on the engineering process or not was what I avoided. I like to lend my perspective, and hold the right to form my own opinion, obviously you as well. I wasn't even quoting nor speaking to you, I was replying to what KnowMax had written. Nevertheless, there is a lot more to the story than what meets the 'eye'. If you don't mind, go ahead and read what I write before forming an opinion against what I say, it helps the debate not to get side tracked into a needless agravation.

You know maybe you should take the time to read the entire post, because you obviously missed my point. I do believe humans made the pyramids. Debating on whether ET or God for that matter had a hand in on the engineering process or not was what I avoided. I like to lend my perspective, and hold the right to form my own opinion, obviously you as well. I wasn't even quoting nor speaking to you, I was replying to what KnowMax had written. Nevertheless, there is a lot more to the story than what meets the 'eye'. If you don't mind, go ahead and read what I write before forming an opinion against what I say, it helps the debate not to get side tracked into a needless agravation.

I actually just took the time to finish reading your post, and edit what I had said. That was my fault, and you have my apologies.

This is all quite apparent except to modern man in his comfort and hubris. It's so much easier

to just chalk everything up to superstition than to get out there and do the research to learn the

truth. If we ever do find the truth we'll find is was science (terrestrial or alien) that accomplished

these stupendous feats. Superstition can not build, it can only destroy.

• Like 1

I disagree with Alien Embryo. Pyramids were build around the world, including in China. We might assume there is a connection between these pyramids. Orion seems important when figuring the alinement of at least some of these pyramid complexes.

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/pyramids.htm

These formations which include circles, are about alinements and math and making measurements, which include alinement with earth based places and astrology and in some cases making calenders (measurements of time).

Edited by me-wonders

I actually just took the time to finish reading your post, and edit what I had said. That was my fault, and you have my apologies.

Boy oh boy, do I know that mistake and posting too soon. I also know the frustration of reading through everything, and forgetting what I wanted to say. I have given up on reading everything before I post, because I loose too many thoughts when I do that. Better to error by posting too soon, and going back to edit.

I've seen it. It sucks.

It's just the common assumptions which seem to have no bearing on the reality of Giza.

Thank you for helping me shut down for the day. I really need to get on to other things. Rude and disrespectful are big help. Enough of them can help a person stay out of forums altogether. I see you are from the US where such rudeness is assumed. Good job. This really helps humanity.

Thank you for helping me shut down for the day. I really need to get on to other things. Rude and disrespectful are big help. Enough of them can help a person stay out of forums altogether. I see you are from the US where such rudeness is assumed. Good job. This really helps humanity.

To whom was I rude?

Nova? They used to do an excellent job with everything but now they target audiences with a

4th grade educational level which is about typical for this country. Is it really rude to point out

that they don't do a very good job any longer and that they did an especially poor job with this

one? If memory serves the narrator even has a speech impediment.

PBS? They do the best they can to attract funding which means they try to appeal to a mass

audience.

Egyptology? I'd wager they each said something worse about people who don't agree with them

in the episode.

You? I don't know how. I'm just trying to warn people that if they expect any sort of in depth treat-

ment or any ideas that haven't been bandied about by a failed theory that there's little point to

watching.

It was certainly not my intention to be rude to anyone and I do apologize if you took my comments

as a personal attack. They were not meant this way.

Will the eternal sands of Egypt finally give up the secrets of this human-headed lion? Up next on NOVA: Riddles of the Sphinx.

Giant paws, longer than a city bus stretch out before it. A whipping tail, wraps around its back. And its enormous body, about the weight of fifty 747 jumbo jets, is on haunches, poised to pounce.

This is a very misleading statement; jumbo jets are exceedingly light.

But this lion has a human head as big as a house, for this is the Great Sphinx.

At nearly 240 feet long—almost the length of a football field—and almost 70 feet tall—the height of the White House—the Sphinx is the largest statue in all of Egypt, a land renowned for its oversized monuments.

Likely untrue.

It is here at Giza, home of the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids, where building big really booms. Around 2500 B.C., more than 4,000 years ago, the Giza Plateau is a desolate landscape. A visionary Pharaoh named Khufu constructs the Great Pyramid. He's followed by his son, and then his son's son, who build two more pyramids.

That Giza was barren in 2500 BC is almost certainly untrue. Certainly 4512 years ago is more

than 4,000 years ago but this is likely irrelevant as well since the pyramids are likely older and the

Sphinx older still.

Khufu never built a pyramid. People in Egypt did.

Designed as giant tombs to insure the kings' safe passage to the afterlife, the pyramids and their surrounding temples transform an area of the Giza Plateau into a vast city of the dead. Pharaoh Khufu's pyramid is the most famous gravestone on Earth.

These are an assumption phrased and rephrased. No matter how many times you say the

Great Pyramid was a tomb it still has no control over why it was built. Repeating an assumpt-

ion over and over does not make it more true.

It is intentionally misleading.

MARK LEHNER: Khufu's architect probably stood here and looked out over the panorama behind me and maybe foresaw three generations of building here, because of the excellent conditions for carving giant statues and for building pyramids and tombs.

I can't imagine where he gets this idea. There are so many things wrong with it I wouldn't

know where to begin. The idea that the buiulder would direct operations from nearly a mile

away is simply absurd.

...ZAHI HAWASS: Many people who try to look at the Sphinx, they look at it by itself. But you have to look at all the architecture, archaeology, art, inscriptions. You have to look at all of this to explain the function of the Sphinx.

He's suggesting a "cultural context" which does not exist. Almost nothing survives from the era.

NARRATOR: Another team of stone-carvers will build scaled-down replicas of the Sphinx and its missing nose, to shed light on how the ancients carved this wonder of the world.

Later in the program you'll see that they all use modern tools.

RICK BROWN (Handshouse Studio): It's near mind-boggling; in all Egypt, most of the stone was carved with just pounding for thousands and thousands of hours.

This is merely assumption. We don't know how most anything was actually done so it

might have been little green men from Alpha Centauri.

The show doesn't really improve after this and simply continues in the same way.

I don't like the show and I believe most people who are seeking something other than the

same fair to which we've been treated for 150 years also won't like it.

Will the eternal sands of Egypt finally give up the secrets of this human-headed lion? Up next on NOVA: Riddles of the Sphinx.

Giant paws, longer than a city bus stretch out before it. A whipping tail, wraps around its back. And its enormous body, about the weight of fifty 747 jumbo jets, is on haunches, poised to pounce.

This is a very misleading statement; jumbo jets are exceedingly light.

But this lion has a human head as big as a house, for this is the Great Sphinx.

At nearly 240 feet long—almost the length of a football field—and almost 70 feet tall—the height of the White House—the Sphinx is the largest statue in all of Egypt, a land renowned for its oversized monuments.

Likely untrue.

It is here at Giza, home of the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids, where building big really booms. Around 2500 B.C., more than 4,000 years ago, the Giza Plateau is a desolate landscape. A visionary Pharaoh named Khufu constructs the Great Pyramid. He's followed by his son, and then his son's son, who build two more pyramids.

That Giza was barren in 2500 BC is almost certainly untrue. Certainly 4512 years ago is more

than 4,000 years ago but this is likely irrelevant as well since the pyramids are likely older and the

Sphinx older still.

Khufu never built a pyramid. People in Egypt did.

Designed as giant tombs to insure the kings' safe passage to the afterlife, the pyramids and their surrounding temples transform an area of the Giza Plateau into a vast city of the dead. Pharaoh Khufu's pyramid is the most famous gravestone on Earth.

These are an assumption phrased and rephrased. No matter how many times you say the

Great Pyramid was a tomb it still has no control over why it was built. Repeating an assumpt-

ion over and over does not make it more true.

It is intentionally misleading.

MARK LEHNER: Khufu's architect probably stood here and looked out over the panorama behind me and maybe foresaw three generations of building here, because of the excellent conditions for carving giant statues and for building pyramids and tombs.

I can't imagine where he gets this idea. There are so many things wrong with it I wouldn't

know where to begin. The idea that the buiulder would direct operations from nearly a mile

away is simply absurd.

...ZAHI HAWASS: Many people who try to look at the Sphinx, they look at it by itself. But you have to look at all the architecture, archaeology, art, inscriptions. You have to look at all of this to explain the function of the Sphinx.

He's suggesting a "cultural context" which does not exist. Almost nothing survives from the era.

NARRATOR: Another team of stone-carvers will build scaled-down replicas of the Sphinx and its missing nose, to shed light on how the ancients carved this wonder of the world.

Later in the program you'll see that they all use modern tools.

RICK BROWN (Handshouse Studio): It's near mind-boggling; in all Egypt, most of the stone was carved with just pounding for thousands and thousands of hours.

This is merely assumption. We don't know how most anything was actually done so it

might have been little green men from Alpha Centauri.

The show doesn't really improve after this and simply continues in the same way.

I don't like the show and I believe most people who are seeking something other than the

same fair to which we've been treated for 150 years also won't like it.

Re: Bolded #1 -

Boeing 747-400: Typical operating empty weight, lb (kg) - 398,780 (180,885) - http://www.simviation.com/rinfo747.htm

398,780 x 50 = 19,939,000 lbs.

Re: Bolded #2 -

Length of Sphinx - 260'

Height of sphinx - ~ 66'

Width of Sphinx - ~ 20'

http://www.all-about...hinx-facts.html

http://www.ancient-e...eat-sphinx.html

Lehner 1997(127)

The overall height of the White House (to the top of the roof) is 70 feet on the south and 60 feet 4 inches on the north; the façade (grade of lawn to parapet) is 60 feet on the south (lawn at 54 feet above sea level) and 50 feet 4 inches on the north.

http://www.whitehous...y_facts-01.html

Re: Bolded #'s 3 & 4 - Reading comprehension?

Re: Bolded #5 - That is not what Lehner remarked. Please re-read quote.

Re: Bolded #7 - Error. For example:

http://www.eeescienc...tedOverview.pdf

Re: Cultural context - Given your oft demonstrated lack of understanding of the archaeological/anthropological utilization of this term, your "critique" in this regard is notably vacuous.

• Like 1

Re: Bolded #1 -

Boeing 747-400: Typical operating empty weight, lb (kg) - 398,780 (180,885) - http://www.simviation.com/rinfo747.htm

398,780 x 50 = 19,939,000 lbs.

Re: Bolded #2 -

Length of Sphinx - 260'

Height of sphinx - ~ 66'

Width of Sphinx - ~ 20'

http://www.all-about...hinx-facts.html

http://www.ancient-e...eat-sphinx.html

Lehner 1997(127)

The overall height of the White House (to the top of the roof) is 70 feet on the south and 60 feet 4 inches on the north; the façade (grade of lawn to parapet) is 60 feet on the south (lawn at 54 feet above sea level) and 50 feet 4 inches on the north.

http://www.whitehous...y_facts-01.html

Re: Bolded #'s 3 & 4 - Reading comprehension?

Re: Bolded #5 - That is not what Lehner remarked. Please re-read quote.

Re: Bolded #7 - Error. For example:

http://www.eeescienc...tedOverview.pdf

Re: Cultural context - Given your oft demonstrated lack of understanding of the archaeological/anthropological utilization of this term, your "critique" in this regard is notably vacuous.

By your calcultion that makes the weight of the Sphinx 9,970 ton.

That's about the weight of the stones lifted every couple weeks to build G1. Of course on average

these stones for the pyramid were lifted 140' where the Sphinx wasn't lifted so much as 1". It's truly

remarkable how Lehner et al can wax poetic about the size of the Sphinx and hide, obscure, and de-

mean the size of the great pyramids. One stone at the top of the pyramid required more work than

the Sphinx but they compare the size of the Sphinx to something that's light as a feather rather than

imagining a massiff inside of it.

Lehner has said on several occassions that he believed building operations were conducted from a

promentory to the south.

There is no "cultural context" except what has been projected from later times. If there were such a

thing then you could produce evidence that the pyramid was a tomb instead of denying evidence that

the king's body was burned.

Rather than dealing with facts they spin the evidence. It's far more relevant how heavy the stones

were on the pyramid relative a jumbo jet because, like a jumbo jet, they were worthless till they got

off the ground. The pyramid weighs as much as 32,600 jumbo jets. It weighs three times as much

as all the food and supplies that comprised the Berlin airlift. It required more work than Apollo XI did

to get to the moon and back.

By your calcultion that makes the weight of the Sphinx 9,970 ton.

That's about the weight of the stones lifted every couple weeks to build G1. Of course on average

these stones for the pyramid were lifted 140' where the Sphinx wasn't lifted so much as 1". It's truly

remarkable how Lehner et al can wax poetic about the size of the Sphinx and hide, obscure, and de-

mean the size of the great pyramids. One stone at the top of the pyramid required more work than

the Sphinx but they compare the size of the Sphinx to something that's light as a feather rather than

imagining a massiff inside of it.

Lehner has said on several occassions that he believed building operations were conducted from a

promentory to the south.

There is no "cultural context" except what has been projected from later times. If there were such a

thing then you could produce evidence that the pyramid was a tomb instead of denying evidence that

the king's body was burned.

Rather than dealing with facts they spin the evidence. It's far more relevant how heavy the stones

were on the pyramid relative a jumbo jet because, like a jumbo jet, they were worthless till they got

off the ground. The pyramid weighs as much as 32,600 jumbo jets. It weighs three times as much

as all the food and supplies that comprised the Berlin airlift. It required more work than Apollo XI did

to get to the moon and back.

As is common, you would appear to be missing the primary points, i.e., your fallacious and/or mischaracterized "proclamations".

747-400 series aircraft are not "exceedingly light". Nor does your quote specify unladen vs. laden mass. Please consult reference. Have run rough calculations regarding Sphinx volume/density of limestone utilized. Unladen mass is likely closer to the figure utilized.

You questioned the dimensional aspects. Your position is demonstrably false.

Please provide a citation that documents that Lehner was referring to a location "a mile away".

The cultural context of the period in question, be it technological, biological, textual, cultural, environmental, etc. is surprisingly well understood. That you choose to not avail yourself of the available data is a matter that you will need to contend with yourself. Your reticence in this regard is, after all, of no great surprise. By your own admission, you are a slothful researcher.

In short, you have (above) presented innacurate "assesments" of the source material, demonstrated questionable close-reading/evaluation skills, and chosen to consistently ignore the sheer volumes of credible data that have been presented to you over these many years. And you attempt to distract the readers from these salient points.

In your own "immortal" words:

Yes, you're right that I can't do it legitmately but I can do it illegitimately to learn the truth and then adjust it to fit the evidence.

cladking: “How did the Egyptians Build the Pyramids” p. 74, #1097, 3-10-11 UM.

Well done.

Edit: Comma.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 2

OK, ya' made me look. A 747-8 weighs about 64 tons and is 250 feet in lenght. I can't find

the weight capacity of the largest pugh ladles used in industry but there are rail cars on the

roads that can easily carry the weight of two 747's.

To put it another way, a modest-size cloud, one kilometer in diameter and 100 meters thick,

has a mass equivalent to one 747. Simply put it's a lie to compare the Sphinx to the weight of

a 747 just as it's a lie to compare the effort to build pyramids by their height or even their vol-

ume. It is intentionally misleading because planes are exceedingly light so they can fly. The

space shuttle is even lighter by a wide margin. A loaded tractor trailer on the highway usually

weighs more than a 747 . Egyptology does this over and over probably because on some lev-

el they must know that their theories are all wrong. They present a mountain of interpretation

of almost no evidence at all as fact.

I'm certainly a poor researcher but my abilities are irrelevant to the facts and to my findings. That

I've worked mostly alone is my only excuse for taking so long to finally have the last piece of the

puzzle; the one that will begin swaying people. There's a great deal to learn about these people

and when the real scholars start working with a realistic theory many pieces will begin falling into

place very very quickly. It's also irrelevant that I use intuition and processes that are not usually

brought to play to get me this far. The bottom line is never what methodology is used or the cred-

entials of the seeker but rather the truth of what is discovered. My methodology would prove virt-

ually impossible for most people to copy. This hardly proves it's taken me to falsehoods.

Please provide a citation that documents that Lehner was referring to a location "a mile away".

I actually have a great deal of respect for Mark Lehner. He's wrong about a great number

of things but he's a good archaeologist. A few of his beliefs I simply find stunningly wrong.

There's nothing at all wrong about being wrong (I'm at expert), or even laughably wrong, but

it still wrong.

Lehner (at least up to 2010) believes in ramps (spiral on west side) and that work was direc-

ted from a great distance. I'm sure he has more reasons for these opinions than only what

I've seen so it's entirely possible that these are actually tenable theories from the current ev-

idence and its interpretation. But the fact is he is very wrong on both counts.

If memory serves he mentions his theory of remote direction in this link;

(Drat, looks like I blew it away. It's Lehner's best work on the net regarding the layout of the

pyramids starting from even before they were built. He has to have revised this particular

theory because he himself discovered there was no harbor just last year. I believe Kmt_sesh

first posted it. It's a PDF file about 30 pages long)

OK, ya' made me look. A 747-8 weighs about 64 tons and is 250 feet in lenght. I can't find

the weight capacity of the largest pugh ladles used in industry but there are rail cars on the

roads that can easily carry the weight of two 747's.

To put it another way, a modest-size cloud, one kilometer in diameter and 100 meters thick,

has a mass equivalent to one 747. Simply put it's a lie to compare the Sphinx to the weight of

a 747 just as it's a lie to compare the effort to build pyramids by their height or even their vol-

ume. It is intentionally misleading because planes are exceedingly light so they can fly. The

space shuttle is even lighter by a wide margin. A loaded tractor trailer on the highway usually

weighs more than a 747 . Egyptology does this over and over probably because on some lev-

el they must know that their theories are all wrong. They present a mountain of interpretation

of almost no evidence at all as fact.

I'm certainly a poor researcher but my abilities are irrelevant to the facts and to my findings. That

I've worked mostly alone is my only excuse for taking so long to finally have the last piece of the

puzzle; the one that will begin swaying people. There's a great deal to learn about these people

and when the real scholars start working with a realistic theory many pieces will begin falling into

place very very quickly. It's also irrelevant that I use intuition and processes that are not usually

brought to play to get me this far. The bottom line is never what methodology is used or the cred-

entials of the seeker but rather the truth of what is discovered. My methodology would prove virt-

ually impossible for most people to copy. This hardly proves it's taken me to falsehoods.

You're understating its size by a ridiculous margin. 64 tons is 128,000 lbs. (US). This doesn't come remotely close to a 747-8 which has a maximum takeoff weight of 987,000 lbs. That's 493.5 tons.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/747family/747-8_facts.html

Even it's Zero Fuel Weight exceeds 325 tons.

cormac

• Like 1

You're understating its size by a ridiculous margin. 64 tons is 128,000 lbs. (US). This doesn't come remotely close to a 747-8 which has a maximum takeoff weight of 987,000 lbs. That's 493.5 tons.

http://www.boeing.co...47-8_facts.html

Even it's Zero Fuel Weight exceeds 325 tons.

From your own link;

"The 747-8F's empty weight is 80 tonnes (88 tons) lighter than the A380F..."

This is the freighter version. I presume without evidence to the contrary that the passenger

liner is lighter. These are also lighter if they are stripped to essentials to fly the largest possible

amount of weight. The 747 that carries the space shuttle quit even using jato bottles and the

plane is simply retrofitted to support the weight in an unusual position.