Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Networks, AP cancel exit polls in 19 states

questionmark

Breaking from two decades of tradition, this year’s election exit poll is set to include surveys of voters in 31 states, not all 50 as it has for the past five presidential elections, according to multiple people involved in the planning.

Dan Merkle, director of elections for ABC News, and a member of the consortium that runs the exit poll, confirmed the shift Wednesday. The aim, he said, “is to still deliver a quality product in the most important states,” in the face of mounting survey costs.

The decision by the National Election Pool — a joint venture of the major television networks and The Associated Press — is sure to cause some pain to election watchers across the country. (For a full list of the states that won’t have exit polls scroll to the bottom of this post.)

Read more

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Taun

• Merc14

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess it is getting to expensive and not much bang for the buck anymore what with the law change and the quicker tabulation of results.

Edited by Merc14

I've always thought that election polls - before and during the election should be banned...

Frequently the election is 'called' and the 'loser' conceeds well before the voting is concluded...

Polls are just another way for them to sway the elections whichever way they want... Until the last vote is counted elections are not about how everyone votes, they are about how an individual votes... Once the votes are counted THEN tell us who won...

If it were up to me I would do away with the Electoral College and with polls...

Edited by Taun