Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Magnetic reversal hints in Earth's core

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,443 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

The Earth's magnetic field may flip every few thousand years due to lopsided growth of the planet's core.

New Scientist said:

Lopsided growth of the Earth's core could explain why its magnetic field reverses direction every few thousand years. If it happened now, we would be exposed to solar winds capable of knocking out global communications and power grids.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Nice thaught, be a wild ride though!

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#3    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

If true we're seriously up sheeet creek without a paddle

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#4    rednuke13

rednuke13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

i have read reports that there is NO plausible evidence behind this whatsoever

#5    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

View Postrednuke13, on 15 July 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

i have read reports that there is NO plausible evidence behind this whatsoever

This is called Unversity games;  One says it exists the other says it doesn't.  Tthe results are the same;  taxpayers are paying

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,738 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostParacelse, on 15 July 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

If true we're seriously up sheeet creek without a paddle

Not really, the only thing we would notice is that our magnetic compass shows in the wrong direction. It would be worse if the magnetic field collapsed.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

at least tat wont happen within our lifetimes

#8    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 July 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Not really, the only thing we would notice is that our magnetic compass shows in the wrong direction. It would be worse if the magnetic field collapsed.

And without cell phones (which is not really a big of a deal but also without any gudance systeme for airplaines and radars which is bad ... and no missiles control ...and this is perhaps good

République No.6

#9    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

It happen before, it will happen again. It also happen while humans were on this planet, so basically it won't be so bad if we prepare for it. Harden our infrastructures to electromagnetic pulse that will be generated by the pole reversal and we will be fine. Of course we got to compensate for the mix-up of the weather that will happen on the planet.

View Postquestionmark, on 15 July 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

That would be bad, very bad... magnetic field collapse that protects us from the bombardment of particle rays from the sun. We would end up being stripped of our atmosphere and well... kiss our planet goodbye!

Edited by Uncle Sam, 16 July 2012 - 03:35 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#10    Ciara Rodriguez

Ciara Rodriguez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

And here we go again!!! how many times the government will change the story.!!! come on!!! Mayas and now this give me a break !!! is coming PERIOD . whatever it is , is here and we are going to get it!! whatever it is...

#11    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

this realy makes perfect thinking in world cycles with exception of sum astroid smacking the hell out of us (the planet) weather,evirmental even in evolution when you take in the count of planet rotational stress and gravity  now add in the core movements an plate drifts, volcainos,weight surge, planet contrast shaping altogeather well hell yeah  the earths going to flip over   whats realy there to stop it from happening?  thats like a reverce rotation have you ever watched  water drain out of a sink depending on what part of the world your standing on is what way it drains outstop the flow you simple fk up the cycle but thats goes more in to a bunch of what if'smore then i realy care to think about  ((yawns))  good morning  planet earth here i am to walk among your many mysteries another rotation from light to dark

#12    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

this realy makes perfect thinking in world cycles with exception of sum astroid smacking the hell out of us (the planet) weather,evirmental even in evolution when you take in the count of planet rotational stress and gravity  now add in the core movements an plate drifts, volcainos,weight surge, planet contrast shaping altogeather well hell yeah  the earths going to flip over   whats realy there to stop it from happening?  thats like a reverce rotation have you ever watched  water drain out of a sink depending on what part of the world your standing on is what way it drains outstop the flow you simple fk up the cycle but thats goes more in to a bunch of what if'smore then i realy care to think about  ((yawns))  good morning  planet earth here i am to walk among your many mysteries another rotation from light to dark

#13    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

#14    NoiseBleed

NoiseBleed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• "I'm tied to a cross. I can't get lose. I've done this to myself, put my head in a noose." black flag

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

the evidence they ahve to show this is that deep on the ocean floor, the sedemnt very slowly moves, and as it does it becomes charged positive or negative based on the way the poles are oriented. they've found that ever few thousane years, as the sea floor is generated, the new parts show that it was charged one way for thousands of years, and then  the other for thousands of years.

#15    NoiseBleed

NoiseBleed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• "I'm tied to a cross. I can't get lose. I've done this to myself, put my head in a noose." black flag

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

oh and also, they have shown the only thing that would happen because of the shift, is that the wind may blow differently changing some climate of some of the earth, and compases would point the other way. of these things nothing devastating would come logically.
get a life all of you end of worlders

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users