Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

need a little help in win server 2003

fulltimekiller

i just got windows server 2003 and i got a little problem

with that group policy object i set some things like disable control panel, network place etc but i dont want these effect to work on the admin account is there anyway to make it not work on the admin account?

I dunno how my school server disable all these settings on the user account but under the admin account everything is not disable eg user account doesnt have command prmpt control panel etc and admin has all these.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fulltimekiller

• PsychicPenguin

• Evil*THE*VEEID

• X~File_Agent

I don't know anything about win server 2003 but why don't you upgrade to win server 2004. What does the win server do, anything fun?

I don't know anything about win server 2003 but why don't you upgrade to win server 2004. What does the win server do, anything fun?

E.T.V,

Why would you repond to a post if you have no idea what you are talking about? disgust.gif

to increase the number of post??? wink2.gif

anyway... can you remove those feature from the admin account??? I think you just need to disable them for everybody.

If you only set those permissions within a certain account it shouldnt generically change your admin account's permissions anyway.

You must have set the permissions in your admin account too. Just go into your admin account and reset the permissions.

why would you want these things disabled from admin ? Its supposed to be your account that no one else has access to ... huh.gif

Like Xeno said. Why would you want to disable these options for your Admin account. The admin account should not be restricted. Can you provide any more details?

to increase the number of post??? wink2.gif

anyway... can you remove those feature from the admin account??? I think you just need to disable them for everybody.

hahaha user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

It is good to ask question no? Usually people buy books for quick answers. BUT askin' questionz is good too.

grin2.gif

user posted image

Edited by Evil*THE*VEEID

Like Xeno said.  Why would you want to disable these options for your Admin account.  The admin account should not be restricted.  Can you provide any more details?

ummm i meant disable all these settings on user not administrator im trying to disable some stuff on user but it also disable stuff on admin if i turn on those disable settings.

Edited by fulltimekiller

Huh?? MS did it again!!! Oh yeah they rock!! I wonder, what happen if you disable control panel??  rolleyes.gif

aaaah, if that goes, then no one can make any changes to anything. Funny, everyone has to make something explode to get some computing results..hahahaha.user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

i disabled the control panel and i can even access it i manage to undisable it by going to help and type in accessing group policy then help directed me to it and i undisable it.

it is not really disabled then 

it just disable stuff the control panel but not the group policy

Are you using a machine policy or a user policy?

theres lots of policy the one im having trouble is group policy i want those setting disable on user account not the admin account but when i disable it also disable setting on admin so no one can access it

err.. I think this will solve most of your problem 

Lol yea of course linux will fix most of my problem laugh.gif i have to stick with windows cause everything is compactible with windows.