Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs and the CIA: The Secret Report

TheMacGuffin

From the publicly available records, there were a couple cases that really grabbed the attention of the people involved in the UFO investigation in the early days, like these: ONE stood for the Office of National Estimates, which was part of the CIA.

If you could run down some of the names on this list, you'd learn quite a bit more about UFOs. This was also the first time I had seen Bill Bundy's name connected with this subject. It was also the first time I have seen J. Edgar Hoover called "Dr" since in fact he was an attorney.

Admiral Bieri was President Eisenhower's chief of staff. NOTE: This Office did not deal only with UFOs but produced the National Intelligence Estimates (NIEs) on a wide variety of subjects. It was sort of the elite think-tank within the CIA.

O/SI refers to the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence, which from 1949 was also heavily involved with the Pentagon's Research and Development Board--and were know that both were very interested in UFOs. In other words, this document is more evidence of the secret, high-level UFO investigation that was running parallel to Project Sign and Blue Book.

These were the people who got the really good UFO reports, including the ones about possible crashed saucers and alien remains, which had been pulled from the regular military channels.

Edward Ruppelt once described them as "scientists—rocket experts, nuclear physicists, and intelligence experts. They had banded together to study our UFO reports because they were convinced that some of the UFO’s that were being reported were interplanetary spaceships", and we know who some of them were.

cia530130memo.gif

• Like 1

Its all in the way one looks at it right ? Take it all with a grain of salt.Or Lots of salt ! And Water ! Remember satl water Kills all Monsters & Aliens ! mostly. They come out at night ,mostly ! :alien:

Its all in the way one looks at it right ? Take it all with a grain of salt.Or Lots of salt ! And Water ! Remember satl water Kills all Monsters & Aliens ! mostly. They come out at night ,mostly ! :alien:

I have quite a bit more to say about this subject, and maybe I will say more, if I'm feeling chatty.

I have quite a bit more to say about this subject, and maybe I will say more, if I'm feeling chatty.

Well I'm interested to hear it...fwiw.

that some of the UFO’s that were being reported were interplanetary spaceships", and we know who some of them were.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or they could have been the Russians. there have been some pretty weird looking crafts out there, and like Roswell, I believe they were all test planes/crafts..made in all different shapes and forms.

We have people still reporting Chinese lanterns as UFO`s because they have never seen one before, so things flying about the skies would have seemed quite strange back in 1953, the best way IMO to deter the fact that someone is building and experimenting with crafts secretly, is to say they were not theirs and must of come from out of space....and boy did it work!

that some of the UFO’s that were being reported were interplanetary spaceships", and we know who some of them were.

Do we now? How do we know that?

Comeon hat.. We do know.. Someone reported it with a nice long story and a couple of blurry photographs .. They wouldn't lie to have their 15 seconds of fame...

We know who some of the JRDB scientists were that Edward Ruppelt was referring to: Vannevar Bush, Robert Sarbacher, Eric Walker, Lloyd Berkner, etc.

Then there was H. Marshall Chadwell of the OSI.

1952-12-2-Chadwell.JPG

Memo%2BTo%2BDCI%2B%2528Walter%2BSmith%2529%2BFrom%2BH%2BMarshall%2BChadwell%2B9-11-1952.jpg

Comeon hat.. We do know.. Someone reported it with a nice long story and a couple of blurry photographs .. They wouldn't lie to have their 15 seconds of fame...

ohh yes.

silly me.

We know who some of the JRDB scientists were that Edward Ruppelt was referring to: Vannevar Bush, Robert Sarbacher, Eric Walker, Lloyd Berkner, etc.

Then there was H. Marshall Chadwell of the OSI.

1952-12-2-Chadwell.JPG

Memo%2BTo%2BDCI%2B%2528Walter%2BSmith%2529%2BFrom%2BH%2BMarshall%2BChadwell%2B9-11-1952.jpg

All that says is "we don't know what they are, or where they're from, so this is what we're going to do about the mystery", not "they're from the planet Zerg".

All that says is "we don't know what they are, or where they're from, so this is what we're going to do about the mystery", not "they're from the planet Zerg".

I don't think I ever mentioned Planet Zerg on this thread, did I? I getting at something else entirely here, the structure and organization of the classified UFO project.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Chadwell was one of the CIA officials who was particularly concerned about UFOs at the time, since as he said in his memo, they were high-speed, high-flying objects that were not known aircraft or natural phenomena, and the Air Force was very concerned about them.

I don't think I ever mentioned Planet Zerg on this thread, did I? I getting at something else entirely here, the structure and organization of the classified UFO project.

So you're saying the UFOs are more of the "Blackbird" variety and not the "Saucer from Zerg"?

Interesting, I've always wondered if the powers-that-be used the "aliens" as a smokescreen to distract from the actually classified projects they don't want the enemies of the state finding out about.

So you're saying the UFOs are more of the "Blackbird" variety and not the "Saucer from Zerg"?

Interesting, I've always wondered if the powers-that-be used the "aliens" as a smokescreen to distract from the actually classified projects they don't want the enemies of the state finding out about.

I have always thought that some of them were, while others were never identified at all. Of course certain agencies within the government also found it useful to hint that they were in possession of extremely advanced ET technology, as a psychological warfare tactic.

I have never even been sure what the name of the real UFO investigation was (definitely not MJ-12, around which the counter-intelligence and special tasks people disseminated so much disinformation in the past) but I know some of the names of the people associated with it. The Pentagon's Research and Development Board and the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence keep popping up again and again in this context. Something was going on there that caused also the really good UFO reports to be funneled their way--and many of these records have never been declassified.

It all starts to get very nebulous when anyone tries to figure out this classified UFO investigations, and even the FBI agents tasked to look into the MJ-12 documents expressed frustration at the whole house of mirrors, all the levels of security, compartmentalized programs and disinformation.

The classified investigation was probably called something like "A casual investigation into the pollination patterns of American Bees in relation to the growth of pineappples", so we'll never come across links to the UFO phenomenon if we look just for the name of it.

It's safe to say that the classified UFO project would have had a scientific and research component, a group of field investigators and operators from the military and intelligence agencies, a supervisory board, a security and counter-intelligence component, and so on. According to Ruppelt and others, these things did exist on some level and may well still exist today.

The classified investigation was probably called something like "A casual investigation into the pollination patterns of American Bees in relation to the growth of pineappples", so we'll never come across links to the UFO phenomenon if we look just for the name of it.

Very likely funded by the Department of Agriculture, the Department of the Interior or something like that, at least on paper.

interesting. it at least proves that the US government has been lying about doing more research than Project Blue Book.

interesting. it at least proves that the US government has been lying about doing more research than Project Blue Book.

Another important aspect of the project would have been public relations and media control, and we know how that worked. As early as 1948, the policy was "not tp present to the press information on those objects which we cannot identify or about which we cannot present any reasonable conclusions. In the event that they insist on some kind of statement, it is suggested that they be informed that many of the objects sighted have been identified as weather balloons or astral bodies, and that investigation is being pursued to determine reasonable explanations for the others."

http://books.google.com/books?id=_Xab1hqwco0C&pg=PA65&dq=office+of+national+estimates+ufo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ZHHyUJn_CYL88gSUooG4Cg&ved=0CC0Q6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=office%20of%20national%20estimates%20ufo&f=false

At least, they would provide some kind of explanation that sounded "reasonable", at least to those who had no other information about it and no access to the real records. That has been the standard may of dealing with the public and media on UFOs for many years.

• Like 1

its funny how these documents kind of prove that blue book was a farce.

the one thing i would like to hear the government try to explain the sightings of the late 1800's before the first world war when we know it couldn't be an airplane that they seen flying around because there were no man made aircraft back then. no black budget either. i dont think the US military secretly developed airplanes in the days of the old west.

i cant remember what they said the 1996 pheonix lights were. did they say it was flares or a flight of f-16's? some of these explanations are a joke. the video and witness reports show it obviously was something other than traditional air force tech. 100% not flares, the video is proof of that. i can even see that from working on CFB Cold Lake and watching the video.

Edited by TheOtherSide1945
  • Like 1