Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World’s first 'gay bible' published

gay bible queen james bible

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#211    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,927 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Lord Vetinari, on 09 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

I think that's the problem with what happened to Paul; everything that he said has been taken as being of equal importance, whether or not it has anything to do with Jesus.
The message of the Bible is and always will be about mankind's relationship with God.  Jesus came to preach salvation via his death and resurrection, and along the way tell a little about how to live for God.  Paul continues that theme - expanding on the idea of righteousness and how one may live pleasing lives for God.

Lord Vetinari, on 09 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

And whatever carefully selected quotations people might be able to mine as possibly having something to do with sexual morality (such as were quoted above), Jesus seemed, on the whole, to not consider it as the most important issue that he had to address.
Sexual immorality is just one issue among many.  When it comes to the concept of "sin", there is no distinction between one sin and another to God.  They all lead to the same place - death.  Paul is not focused more on sexual immorality than other types of sins, they are just one in a list of many other things he writes about.  Even Jesus addressed the ideas of sexual immorality, so it would be wrong to say that Jesus had more important things to talk about.

In some ways this type of debate is counter-productive to Christianity simply because discussing the sin of sexual immorality on its own gives the false impression that Christians are hung up on this type of sin as somehow "worse" than others.  And sure, some Christians do get hung up on the idea of sex.  But not all Christians do.  And by posting in a thread about sexual immorality I may give the impression that I do somehow think of it as a greater sin than others that I don't post about simply because there's no thread dedicated to it.  Correct?

~ PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#212    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,480 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Even Jesus addressed the ideas of sexual immorality, so it would be wrong to say that Jesus had more important things to talk about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the sabbath meant more to him than sex?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#213    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,043 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Paranoid Android, on 09 February 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

The message of the Bible is and always will be about mankind's relationship with God. Jesus came to preach salvation via his death and resurrection, and along the way tell a little about how to live for God. Paul continues that theme - expanding on the idea of righteousness and how one may live pleasing lives for God.

Sexual immorality is just one issue among many. When it comes to the concept of "sin", there is no distinction between one sin and another to God. They all lead to the same place - death. Paul is not focused more on sexual immorality than other types of sins, they are just one in a list of many other things he writes about. Even Jesus addressed the ideas of sexual immorality, so it would be wrong to say that Jesus had more important things to talk about.

In some ways this type of debate is counter-productive to Christianity simply because discussing the sin of sexual immorality on its own gives the false impression that Christians are hung up on this type of sin as somehow "worse" than others. And sure, some Christians do get hung up on the idea of sex. But not all Christians do. And by posting in a thread about sexual immorality I may give the impression that I do somehow think of it as a greater sin than others that I don't post about simply because there's no thread dedicated to it. Correct?

~ PA
Well, I agree there. That's why I don't know why some people get so wrapped up in that one issue, since there are so many other kinds of immorality about which Jesus did have much to say that was pretty unequivocal.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#214    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Lord Vetinari, on 09 February 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Well, I agree there. That's why I don't know why some people get so wrapped up in that one issue, since there are so many other kinds of immorality about which Jesus did have much to say that was pretty unequivocal.

Because it is the easiest thing to get at and show your hate, more so if you are dumb as a post and use a bible to excuse your hate ...You sure as heck won't see haters protest and chant abuse at serial killers and mad rapists, it's easier to go after the harmless.. Kinna like a bully would pick on the weak kid at school ..

Jesus never directly spoke about homosexuality, or something a lot worse paedophilia..The only thing Jesus really spoke directly about was adultery / marriage  It could be that he accepted and understood gays, as the bible does portray Jesus as one who was kind and accepting of others including sinners..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 February 2013 - 09:04 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#215    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,927 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Lord Vetinari, on 09 February 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

I can't speak for others, but for myself I suspect it may be a false impression based on the fact that people start threads like this.  If this thread was not started in the first place, I wouldn't have brought up sexual immorality at all.  And if it wasn't for people trying to convince me that I was wrong, I wouldn't have continued to respond.  I am not focused on this sin more than others, but due to the attention a thread like this gets compared to, say, the death penalty thread, the mistaken impression may be left that I somehow think of this as a greater issue simply because of time devoted to this thread.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users