Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Windowsill people?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16    Rhiz93

Rhiz93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

75% of the worlds population believe there's a big man in the sky. It is just as absurd.

#17    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostRhiz93, on 08 October 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

75% of the worlds population believe there's a big man in the sky. It is just as absurd.

But a god is something that can never be proven true or false. A biological creature can. No evidence even comes close to tiny men. No bones ever found, no photos, nothing except stories.

I don't know much about biology but it even might be impossible for a tiny human like creature to even exist, just like giants.

What makes you so sure that they exist?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#18    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

What are you searching for?  Answers to which aspect of this?

1) Do little people exist? Probably not, but never say never.
2) What caused me to see little people on the window seal? a) they were real B) they were a hallucination c) they are a false memory (like you combined laying in bed looking at people do something and that car commercial where the little people tie up the big man) d) they were a dream either then or now or between revisited e) they were a coping mechanism f) they were a child's immagination
3) What is the root cause of this?
4) Why does it matter now?

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,916 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

I knew someone once who was strung out on Meth.  He talked about the "shadow people".  I remember him saying they were behind the fridge but not to bother with moving it cause then they'd just move behind the stove.  He eventually got clean.....

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#20    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,109 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

To begin with, it's a window SILL, not seal.

As to your story, I think the key word in it is that you were "sleeping".

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#21    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostRhiz93, on 08 October 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

I haven't made up a story for a forum. Whether I made what I saw up in my head when I was younger, I do not know. Obviously I've come to the wrong place though.  I did think there'd be a little more open mindedness.

Cheers n , I'm out.
Your original post relates a vision you had as a very young child which you, yourself compare to Little Bo-peep and her sheep.  You asked for "any ideas?"
Members gave you ideas...which it appears you don't like.
Seems to me that you simply related your story here in order to gain some validation for it.
What did you want to hear?  You have strong psychic abilities and you had a vision of the past or future?

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#22    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,905 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostRhiz93, on 08 October 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

I haven't made up a story for a forum. Whether I made what I saw up in my head when I was younger, I do not know. Obviously I've come to the wrong place though.  I did think there'd be a little more open mindedness.

Cheers n , I'm out.
openmindedness, as in automatic belief in what you posted? openmindedness as in it's possible that there are such things as little people who walk on window sills?
let me point out to you that being openminded is fine when there is some basis for that benefit of the doubt, but there is absolutely nothing in this world to suggest that there is a population of little people walking around single file on people's windows.
as for being in the wrong place, what exactly were you expecting when you posted this? someone to come on and say yes i see those people too, yes i believe your outlandish story even though there is no reason to whatsoever?
you need to go to a site where there is no critical thinking going on if you want that sort of response.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#23    Rhiz93

Rhiz93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

I'm not criticizing the idea that it was all my imagination. I just wondered if there was another possibility. And sorry about the spelling mistake.

#24    Rhiz93

Rhiz93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

I honestly came on here thinking "what the ****" about a childhood memory. My father used to hold a knife to my mums throat, and a shotgun to her head, therefore I DID THINK it was a possibility that I could have made up these random people in response to my feelings at the time. Now that it has been suggested, I think it could quite possibly be the answer I am looking for. No, I am not looking for a response, in which someone replies that they also have a population of miniature people walking across their window sill, however I am asking for ideas. Imagination, hallucination or whatever you can come up with. I do stand by the fact that there were no illicit drugs around and any prescribed were safely out of reach of my 4 year old hands. I don't mean to sound as if I KNOW they were there because I can't guarantee they were, but at the same Id prefer not to be advised to lay off of **** or told that I was sleeping.. Because I know damn well that that was not the circumstances. I'll delete this anyway, as I can't see there being other reasonable ideas.

#25    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostRhiz93, on 10 October 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I DID THINK it was a possibility that I could have made up these random people

I'll delete this anyway, as I can't see there being other reasonable ideas.

Answered your own question there?

There has been plenty of other reasonable ideas,

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#26    jackball74

jackball74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I actually have a friend that swears she used to see little people around her house.  She's very smart (has two biology degrees), never drinks or takes drugs, and doesn't believe in any of the things we discuss on here (she's fairly close-minded, in fact).  Yet she is very adamant about this.  I remember her talking about this several years ago, so she would have been in her mid-20s when it occurred.  I'll try and contact her to get more information.

#27    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

View Postjackball74, on 10 October 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

I actually have a friend that swears she used to see little people around her house.  

I'll try and contact her to get more information.

That would be good, get another view point on it.

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#28    julia52

julia52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

I actually have a friend that swears she used to see little people around her house.  She's very smart (has two biology degrees), never drinks or takes drugs, and doesn't believe in any of the things we discuss on here (she's fairly close-minded, in fact).  Yet she is very adamant about this.  I remember her talking about this several years ago, so she would have been in her mid-20s when it occurred.  I'll try and contact her to get more information.

and i hate to break it to everyone here, but these comments?  are getting more and more prevalent from some people; things being moved around dramatically; sometimes some will say they will see little 'lights'; how are we to say that these are not some sort of creature?  sure, could have been imagination--but-what if it's not?  of course there were sightings(recent times)of little 'people'; i think iceland has a park for em..i am not kidding

i have never personally seen them, but of course it's possible..what i wonder is why are you interested now?  something going on that reminds you of it, maybe?

and-not everyone is mean and disparaging; some are of us are actually interested in your story :)

hang in there :)

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters, 10 October 2012 - 04:07 PM.
Rule 1b. Recruitment

#29    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

I actually have a friend that swears she used to see little people around her house.  She's very smart (has two biology degrees), never drinks or takes drugs, and doesn't believe in any of the things we discuss on here (she's fairly close-minded, in fact).  Yet she is very adamant about this.

Yet a smart woman with two biology degrees didn't bother investigating these "little people" which would have been one of the most incredible discoveries in biology.

If I ever see little people in my house, I'm either going to set up a dozen infrared video cameras everywhere or I'm going to make an appointment with a mental health professional.

#30    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,905 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

View Postscowl, on 10 October 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Yet a smart woman with two biology degrees didn't bother investigating these "little people" which would have been one of the most incredible discoveries in biology.

If I ever see little people in my house, I'm either going to set up a dozen infrared video cameras everywhere or I'm going to make an appointment with a mental health professional.
do both, just to be sure ;)

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users