Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thinking about Xmas costs could cause pain

Still Waters

The thought of adding up the cost of presents, decorations and food for Christmas could be genuinely painful for more than half the population, researchers concluded.

Millions of people suffer from high levels of “maths anxiety”. Brain scans of people waiting to carry out a maths test showed a higher than normal activity in the posterior insula, a region linked to physical and emotional discomfort.

There was no elevated level of activity when people actually carried out the numerical problems, suggesting that the pain was linked to nervous tension.

http://www.telegraph...-real-pain.html

Brain scans of people waiting to carry out a maths test showed a higher than normal activity in the posterior insula,

Certainly hurts my posterior, right about where my wallet sits near my right ass cheek!

Edited by WGH
  • Like 3

Well, Christmas is stressful enough.

The IRS in a few months makes me want to have another beer.

Well, Christmas is stressful enough.

The IRS in a few months makes me want to have another beer.

There are two tax seasons here, one is in June (cadastral tax), at the time when people are planning for summer holidays; the other (income tax) is in December, around Christmas and New Year

<_< Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

The holidays can be stressful especially when one feels the need to compete and overspend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Spending without thinking first usually does cause pain if one doesn't have the extra padding. Anytime you think last and act first there is a risk of personal injury.