Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Paranormal Footage: Is this Real or Hoax?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,536 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

View Postumbop, on 09 May 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

For years mellowb1rd has vehemently claimed that he is posting "real" paranormal footage, I'm sure many of you are familiar with his videos.

I have my own opinion about this, which I'll keep to myself. But what do you guys think about his latest video?

Has he debunked himself, or could this be genuine?

Does this make a mockery of the work we paranormal investigators are doing? Does it validate our work?

I'm just going to answer the questions..

What do I think about his latest video? His most ambitious work yet. Unfortunately, also his biggest screw up.
I never thought he was genuine in the first place, so this didn't debunk anything for me.. Just another entertainment. And like most paranormal entertainment- it was pretty fun at first, then as he needed to keep stretching it, the show got lamer.
Does it make a mockery? Probably not any more or less than other hoax videos, or movies like Paranormal Activity.
Does it validate? I don't think so. But I think it can be a valuable tool. If a person is seriously hunting, they should indeed be up to date on the various kinds of ways people can do hoaxing now a days.

#17    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 05 July 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Where is his confession? Link please.

A lot of drama has happened and there was a guy who pretended to be him with a simular name and said he lied.

clear to note its the same guy, same kitchen, etc.  really well done set of vids he did, I think more people were dissappointed that he gave it up. LOL.  But apparently people began to pick out the line in some of his previous vids...even though he was digitally erasing them to the best of his ability.  they were fun to originally watch.

Edited by Sheetz, 10 July 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#18    Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostDark entity, on 09 May 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Sadly Mellow proved himself to be a fake in this video. Not only is it making a mockery of folks working in the paranormal field, It's a slap in the face to anyone who has ever experienced the paranormal. It's hard enough as it is to try to tell others about your experiences without being mocked without hoaxers like him.

Totally agree, and if you have legitimate evidence, like a class A EVP because of junk like this all over the internet the paranormal is never taken seriously. It's ashame that this has become just another method to get your fifteen minutes of fame.

Posted Image

The Urban Contemplative

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2565

#19    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostSheetz, on 10 July 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

clear to note its the same guy, same kitchen, etc.  really well done set of vids he did, I think more people were dissappointed that he gave it up. LOL.  But apparently people began to pick out the line in some of his previous vids...even though he was digitally erasing them to the best of his ability.  they were fun to originally watch.

That is not a confession. What he said he was going to use methods out there to replicate his "paranormal" and upload to see what people say.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#20    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,982 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 16 July 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

That is not a confession. What he said he was going to use methods out there to replicate his "paranormal" and upload to see what people say.

I noticed that also, he was trying to " prove " he is not faking anything....

He proved that he is a above average video editor, and I am sure he did not use all of his editing ability for these videos :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    Paradigm2929

Paradigm2929

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

This poltergeist activity video was FAKED. See THIS link for more information. I made this "Poltergeist" video, to explore some of the techniques I've been reading about on the comments pages of paranormal videos as to how the activity could be staged. This is one of two such poltergeist videos that I made. Here is the other: There still seems to be some confusion about all this. Just READ the descriptions and you won't be confused.

I removed the links. Yeah... not to mention he moved onto the 2nd chair far too quickly in comparison to what I have seen in other, erm..., "unconfirmed" videos of poltergeist activities.

Edited by Paradigm2929, 16 July 2012 - 02:45 AM.

Truth, what is truth?
Antaris Gaming and Tech

"Four thousand volumes of metaphysics will not teach us what the soul is." - Voltaire.

#22    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

There a few ways to prove or disprove his paranormal nonsense.

1. Get multiple LIVE webcams set up. Downfall is he can easily subsitute live video with prerecorded footage.
2. Get some real researchers in, not self proclaimed paranormal experts!
3. Get Sakari to stay at this guy house for a month.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#23    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostMarcus Aurelius, on 15 July 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Totally agree, and if you have legitimate evidence, like a class A EVP

EVP can be easily be tampered with or as my previous experiements had shown, Voice recorders can pick up very faint sounds or from long distances. People also with sound edits, distord the original sound either intentionally or unintentionally.

#24    In_Spirit

In_Spirit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Oh wow, that is so sad. Somebody stop these people. They should be arrested for fraud.

#25    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,908 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

I have a problem with this type of thing. Not only is that type of footage easily faked, the fact that it is on video makes it even more suspicious to me. I mean, when it is on video that means that the person shooting it is controlling the viewer Point of View and can exclude things that they don't want you to see. When I see a video of a chair floating and the chair is perfectly framed right in the middle of the cameras field of view and in perfect focus, that makes me suspicious.

That said, I don't see anything immediately that disproves that video. I'm just saying that there is reason to suspect it.

#26    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,908 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostSheetz, on 10 July 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

I enjoy being right sometimes.

#27    burt_ie

burt_ie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

My partner used to be in school with mellowb1rd. He didn't have very nice things to say about him lol!
We seen his videos before he admited they were fakes, which we always new they were.

#28    expeditionapparition

expeditionapparition

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

My team and I don't fake evidence. It's 100% real!

#29    RAGE4TRUTH

RAGE4TRUTH

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

This is serious cgi. This kitchen has starred in a few videos on YouTube.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users