Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Next 100 years and beyond

dreamland

What you think will happen in next 100 years and beyond? Will we finally know the real truth behind ancient mysteries like ufo's, crop circles, ancient places like stonehenge or pyramids in giza, and who we really are? The proof is there, but what is the purpose? Why there is so many questions and not too many answers? Does our ancestors are trying to tell us something? Whats your opinion?

• Like 1

Imagine if everyone knew everything about everything and anything!? It would be a pretty dull world... :mellow:

• Like 1

Living in the present here, trying to expand on 100 years from now? What about understanding 100 years ago first! We're these wars really for nothing except human stupidity or was there something much more going on..perhaps some form of indemnity.

• Like 1

Agreed. After all, the past is the future just with lights on...

• Like 4

"Those who don't understand the mistakes of the past are destined to repeat them."

Therefore to understand the future its important to understand the past.

We can speculate on the future if you like.

Bio mechanics

DNA manipulation

Flying cars

Space travel and colonisation

Government lies, corruption, subjugation

Truthfully it would all look better with the lights off :clap:

• Like 3

Lets see if we can make it another hundred years without ruining our home.

It is not hard to extrapolate our possible physical future very accurately by looking at present day science.

However it is a little harder to predict the evolution of human sociology and society in response to inventions.

Eg suppose humans are made virtually immortal How will that affect the pstychology of individual humans, and the responses of humans in general The replacement of fossil fuel driven cars with electric ones based on renewable resources won't make a big change, but how about when transmat is perfected and no one needs a vehicle to move from place to place, or when energy fields replace solid construction for homes vehicles ships etc.

Those things will all happen in the next 100 years based on present day science.

How will we deal with biological (hormonal) enhancement of memory and intelligence, as well as interfacing with artificial intelligences far more quick than our own minds? How will my own field (education) change when learning can occur direct from a computer interface with the mind.

We are entering a revolution as significant as the industrial revolution, only faster and more far reaching. One only has to look at the transformations in people's lives, and in the structure of society during the industrial revolution, to see how radical these changes will be.

• Like 2

everybody would be 'broke' penniless and wishing they still can live life like the good times we have 'now'

everybody would be 'broke' penniless and wishing they still can live life like the good times we have 'now'

I really dont think this is likely (although possible) How often in history have people been able to look back at an age and see that thngs have got worse? It is very rare.

A few examples eg post roman britain (for the romanised britons) and sometimes after the collapse of a civiization such as those of greece rome or egypt. Generally, even then, people turn away from the old/civilized ways for other reasons. Eg the saxons in post roman Britain actually feared the towns and buildings of the romans were "haunted" and they did not suit their natural lifestyles either. There were also the anasazi and perhaps the post incan periods, but generally, human history has been one of forward evolution.

We will probably be suffering from a lack of resources, henceforth a majority of us will be starving and in poverty, killing our opposition in order to gain and collect any opportunity of food possible, with the support of our 'clans' or groups and or however else being. Sounds legitimate...

• Like 1

I really dont think this is likely (although possible) How often in history have people been able to look back at an age and see that thngs have got worse? It is very rare.

A few examples eg post roman britain (for the romanised britons) and sometimes after the collapse of a civiization such as those of greece rome or egypt. Generally, even then, people turn away from the old/civilized ways for other reasons. Eg the saxons in post roman Britain actually feared the towns and buildings of the romans were "haunted" and they did not suit their natural lifestyles either. There were also the anasazi and perhaps the post incan periods, but generally, human history has been one of forward evolution.

natural resources isn't what it's cooked up to be is what I'm saying ... Mr Walker

everything we rely on today isn't going to come cheap, that's the trend ...

power grids are going to break down, 'clean' water resources are going to be scarce and 'urban' populations isn't going to slide along with it calmly

us rural Joes will just sit back and mumble 'i told you so' and talk about the good times ... when water was fresh, air was rejuvenating and the land was renewable still

• Like 1

natural resources isn't what it's cooked up to be is what I'm saying ... Mr Walker

everything we rely on today isn't going to come cheap, that's the trend ...

power grids are going to break down, 'clean' water resources are going to be scarce and 'urban' populations isn't going to slide along with it calmly

us rural Joes will just sit back and mumble 'i told you so' and talk about the good times ... when water was fresh, air was rejuvenating and the land was renewable still

You might be right but i live in a state with a different slant on things As a state we now generate almost 30 % of our power from wind. On some days almost 100% of that day's energy use is supplied by wind power. Also, about 15% of homes have solar panels which not only supply their energy needs but feed back into the grid.

Once energy is made sustainable so can transport be, via electricity.Finally, even now, there is plenty of food and water for all humans on earth. While some mineral resources are finite we may not need these for much longer.For example it wont be long before we can use energy fields for housing furnoture etc and create clothing etc using pure energy basic raw materials and templates on a home computer

But of course you are right, in that western society, with planned obsolence, materialism growth driven economies, and excesive wasteful consumptiom is not a good thing. It also creates huge disparrties in life style between some people and others on the earth, leading to tensions and conflicts..

Ps i am old enough to remember when the only heating in a house was a wood fire and I had to spend an hour every day or two cutting up wood and collecting wood chips for kindling. When hot water came from a metal "fountain" on the top of a wood fire and to get a shower one had to fire up a chip and paper fired water heater. The toilets were long drops or at best a septic tank based unit some distance from the house. (usually about 20 yards) So living now. I think I am living in a far better society in material terms if not in providing for human emotional and spiritual needs

While it is true that petrol only cost 20 cents per gallon then, and today costs between 9 and ten dollars a gallon, my total pay then was 20 dollars a week. Today it is about $1700 per week, of which I spend no more than $100 per week on petrol.

Edited by Mr Walker

double post

Edited by Mr Walker

I take it that this is within the context of this section of the forum, so we might learn that there is a greater link between mind and matter than we initially thought as people learn to affect their bodies, environments, pets, etc. with newly found psychic powers, which are just new ways of using our brains rather than something in the realm of the paranormal. We'll discover sentient life forms in another galaxy, and they'll annihilate various paradigms that humankind constructed through the years. Many new species of fauna will be found in the most remote places of the world, many of which will be found during our exploration of the ocean in order to address concerns with our environment, and we'll find proof of an ape-like creature (perhaps fossils) during this time of discovery. We'll be able to see "ghosts" after we learn how to capture scenes from the past, residual electromagnetic "imprints" on the environment caused by events that took place when the people who experienced them were in heightened emotional states (fear, hate, hope love).

For example it wont be long before we can use energy fields for housing furnoture etc and create clothing etc using pure energy basic raw materials and templates on a home computer

However, eventually (hypothetically speaking) we will ran out of important resources, which are necessities for our maintenance and survival on planet Earth. Just for an example, the continuous extraction and contamination of water, will ultimately lead to minimal healthy, fresh water supplies and access, therefor contaminating the agricultural industries, causing a shortage of food supplies, ultimately resulting in starvation, desperation, poverty and loss in many human lives.

Alternative energy sources will not be able to 'save' or maintain us as a whole, whilst the continuous growth in the worlds population is still currently in place. Especially those within in, the less fortunate third world countries, whom are susceptible to experience the worst of all of this ^.

As you can see one things leads to another, the ripple affect, as it's commonly known as, though this is all hypothetical, of course. We can predict what will happen in the next 100 years or so, however we can not know for certain what will happen.

However, eventually (hypothetically speaking) we will ran out of important resources, which are necessities for our maintenance and survival on planet Earth. Just for an example, the continuous extraction and contamination of water, will ultimately lead to minimal healthy, fresh water supplies and access, therefor contaminating the agricultural industries, causing a shortage of food supplies, ultimately resulting in starvation, desperation, poverty and loss in many human lives.

Alternative energy sources will not be able to 'save' or maintain us as a whole, whilst the continuous growth in the worlds population is still currently in place. Especially those within in, the less fortunate third world countries, whom are susceptible to experience the worst of all of this ^.

As you can see one things leads to another, the ripple affect, as it's commonly known as, though this is all hypothetical, of course. We can predict what will happen in the next 100 years or so, however we can not know for certain what will happen.

Dont worry too much about over population. It is almost a thing of the past, although the large number of young people in the third world will push world pop up a bit more yet.

The earth has plenty of water aso; it is fresh water we lack. With renewable energies we can clean and desalinate fresh water in plenty of quantity.

The real problem is dividing the earths resources equitably. The average austalian uses something like 6.6 hectares of the earth's surface to sustain themselves, I manage about half that, but most third world people use less than an acre. ANd if they are to have even a reasonable standard of living, ours will have to use less resources. But that is not a bad thing. We are terribly wasteful with our resources at present.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

~snip

The real problem is dividing the earths resources equitably. The average austalian uses something like 6.6 hectares of the earth's surface to sustain themselves, I manage about half that, but most third world people use less than an acre. ANd if they are to have even a reasonable standard of living, ours will have to use less resources. But that is not a bad thing. We are terribly wasteful with our resources at present.

That is a problem that is not getting anywhere near acceptable anymore, you are far more optimistic than I, that's for sure.

My problem is that many takes that 'its gonna be alright for me so everyone might as well be alright like me'

It's never going to end up that way. Whenever the topic of resources pops up it is always an equitably issue, by whose and what standards do we measure "resources equitably shared" >?

Nobody is even thinking about the future generation's 'share' anymore I don't think, we are already on borrowed time, and I'm one of the more moderate pessimistic. :tu:

That is a problem that is not getting anywhere near acceptable anymore, you are far more optimistic than I, that's for sure.

My problem is that many takes that 'its gonna be alright for me so everyone might as well be alright like me'

It's never going to end up that way. Whenever the topic of resources pops up it is always an equitably issue, by whose and what standards do we measure "resources equitably shared" >?

Nobody is even thinking about the future generation's 'share' anymore I don't think, we are already on borrowed time, and I'm one of the more moderate pessimistic. :tu:

You are right. I am optimistic. in part because of the eras i have lived through (eg we survived the cold war the cuban missile crisis and the worst effects of the population explosion); and in part because all my life i have been a fan of both science and science fiction.,but it is the attitudes of people that must change There simply is no need for us to have such a waseful materialistic and disposable based society (and more to the point it IS unsustainable) I do my best to reduce my ecological foot print, but more importantly I share what i am fortunate to have from living in a western society with others. So my wife and i support individuals and communities in the third world with; meals for young children, education, water and sanitation, food gardens, and small business loans for women.

This amounts to about a third of my after tax income, or 20000 dollars a year. I still live very comfortably, but not wastefully, and in my working life have spent nearly a million dollars improving the lives of others. But it doesnt take that much. If everyone in the developed world spent about 5% of their income on improving the lives of third world people, there would be no starvation/malnutrition and almost none of the diseases they suffer because of poor water supplies and sanitation.

You are right. I am optimistic. in part because of the eras i have lived through (eg we survived the cold war the cuban missile crisis and the worst effects of the population explosion); and in part because all my life i have been a fan of both science and science fiction.,but it is the attitudes of people that must change There simply is no need for us to have such a waseful materialistic and disposable based society (and more to the point it IS unsustainable) I do my best to reduce my ecological foot print, but more importantly I share what i am fortunate to have from living in a western society with others. So my wife and i support individuals and communities in the third world with; meals for young children, education, water and sanitation, food gardens, and small business loans for women.

This amounts to about a third of my after tax income, or 20000 dollars a year. I still live very comfortably, but not wastefully, and in my working life have spent nearly a million dollars improving the lives of others. But it doesnt take that much. If everyone in the developed world spent about 5% of their income on improving the lives of third world people, there would be no starvation/malnutrition and almost none of the diseases they suffer because of poor water supplies and sanitation.

HAts off to ye Mr Walker ... can't say I'd be as generous if I were holding that wad of cash, not doing so well on that front mostly because I don't try hard enough.

Get something going in the neighborhood to plant more trees, shrubs or plants is as far as I can handle at the moment.

Wanted to join in this little sort out but didn't have the financial means :

Astro Kasih Volunteer Divers Set a New GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the Longest Underwater Clean Up link

Tun Zaki Tun Azmi, Chairman of Astro also added “Today’s achievement of over 168 consecutive hours of underwater clean up is truly what it is all about. I can see our collection of hopes and dreams for marine conservation and a cleaner environment is what drives and motivates each of the divers here today.Thanks to the commitment of the 134 divers to marine conservation, you have made it possible for Malaysia and Malaysians to celebrate the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the Longest underwater clean up.”

you tube lists of the attempt link

HAts off to ye Mr Walker ... can't say I'd be as generous if I were holding that wad of cash, not doing so well on that front mostly because I don't try hard enough.

Get something going in the neighborhood to plant more trees, shrubs or plants is as far as I can handle at the moment.

Wanted to join in this little sort out but didn't have the financial means :

Astro Kasih Volunteer Divers Set a New GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the Longest Underwater Clean Up link

you tube lists of the attempt link

Yes the one thing I am short of is time (day time anyway) Or may be I am just anti social :innocent: but i really admire people who give of themselves to make a difference. I work earn, money and give it away, because I love my work and am good at it, but volunteering time directly is just as valuable. Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Dont worry too much about over population. It is almost a thing of the past, although the large number of young people in the third world will push world pop up a bit more yet.

It's almost a thing of the past? Since 1974 the Earth's population has almost doubled. Last year it rose from 6billion to 7billion and it's expected to hit 10billion within the next 50 years, let alone contemplating the Earth's population within the next 100 years!

With such a rapid increase in population, how do you suggest, we are going to stay substantiated, with the rapid decrease in resources?

I'm not concluding a total extinction of the human species, instead a real downfall in overall economy.

Edited by Nefer-Ankhe
  • Like 1

I think the term they're using nowadays is "The World As We Know It"

That world will end ... one day ... whether the system goes first before the structure , who knows.

Come to thiink of it ... who is this 'we' that they are referring to ?

I think the term they're using nowadays is "The World As We Know It"

...And were meant to accept "The World As We Know It"? Because I don't particularly, like "The World As We Know It".

• Like 1

It's almost a thing of the past? Since 1974 the Earth's population has almost doubled. Last year it rose from 6billion to 7billion and it's expected to hit 10billion within the next 50 years, let alone contemplating the Earth's population within the next 100 years!

With such a rapid increase in population, how do you suggest, we are going to stay substantiated, with the rapid decrease in resources?

I'm not concluding a total extinction of the human species, instead a real downfall in overall economy.

Already almost every country in the developed world has a fertility level below replacement level .Ie not having enough babies to replace the existing population. Every woman must have a average of 2.1 children to replace her and one male. Japans fertility is something like 1.1 for example. By 2050 the whole world's fertilty level will be below replacement level. The pop will continue to rise for another decade or two because of the number of young people in the developing world and because we are living longer but basically, after that the real problem will be very old populations, and declining popuations.

Many countries in the western world already have a declining populations and others only maintain population through immigration. It's the fifth stage of transition theory in demographics and happens because many forces cause women to have fewer children.

In 1960 the club of rome predicted the world population by the year 2000 would be 12 billion. this did not happen, because birth rates have dropped so quickly all around the world, compared with the past. No one realised that this would happen, let alone so quickly, as many social, economic, and other conditions, changed rapidly .

Tthis website shows current fertility levels for all countries in the world, starting with the highest. Read down it until you get to 2.1 and 2.2 That is the level below which a population will begin to decrease rather than increase.

https://www.cia.gov/...r/2127rank.html

This source shows how world fertility has dropped from 5 children per woman in 1960 to less tha 2.5 children per woman in the world in 2010, and is continuing to trend down to below replacement level.

https://www.google.c...fertility rates

This article explains it simply and clearly but in detail.

http://www.theglobalmail.org/feature/what-happens-when-half-the-world-stops-making-babies/573/

Edited by Mr Walker