Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Physically Hurt & Lost What to Do

countrygirl

I joined this board several days back and I just couldn't bring myself to type this out. It seemed like everytime I did I'd get busy with something else. Here's my story and I apologize in advance if I type it out of sync. I'm at my wits end right now and really don't know what to do anymore.

I moved in with my fiance almost 2 years ago to take care of his terminal father. His father and my 7 year old son were really close and even wanted to sleep in the same room. My son wanted to be there in case he needed help at night, and my fiance's father had recently lost his wife and was having problems sleeping saying it was too quiet.

After he passed away, we would smell his cologne throughout the house. He hadn't worn the cologne in a couple years because he couldn't breath well and was on oxygen. There's not a bottle of that cologne at all in the house. It was no big deal. We'd hear him laughing, zydeco music, and him doing his cajun call sometimes. Nothing more than that. But everytime we'd smell his cologne. This has been going on for over 18 months now and it's a good feeling thinking okay pops is still around sometimes and is happy again.

About a month ago we quit smelling his cologne and weird things started happening. I started having dreams of a short man that was really furious. They were so terrifying, just the feeling of I guess the words would be hate and fury(?) that I would wake up on the verge of tears. I didn't say anything about the dreams to anyone, but a few days later my son woke up screaming saying there was a short man that was really really mad at him and didn't like him. It kind of freaked me out, but I figured okay maybe we just have the same dreams or something. No biggie, it's just dreams.

About a week later, I was sitting in the living room and felt like someone was watching me. I looked around thinking maybe my fiance and son came home since they were gone. They hadn't. I went back to watching the news when a candle that has been sitting above the TV for months just flew off. It flew a good 10 feet across the room, hit me in the chest hard enough to knock the wind of out me, bounced half way back across the room to the floor and rolled back at me hitting my foot. When it flew, I got this awful smell in my nose, like when you stir a compost pile on a really hot sunny day smell. Between the smell and having the wind knocked out of me I got violently sick. I went outside and waited until they came home before I went back inside.

A few days later, I'm walking up a short set of stairs and get the feeling of being watched again. Almost at the same time I smell that rotten stench and feel something slide into my hair and bash my head into the wall. Not once, but 4 times. I saw stars and almost fell down the stairs. I carried that knot on my head for weeks and it's still there a little.

Ever since smaller things have happened. I was sitting in the living room with my fiance and son and my arm started hurting really badly. I said something to my fiance and he said well did you get bit by something? Right then while we were both looking at my arm, we saw a series of scratches come up. I hadn't scratched my arm at all. I chew my nails down to nothing so I don't even have nails to scratch myself with.

I was working on the computer awhile later and my chest and back started burning like they were on fire. I literally screamed for him and ripped my shirt off. My chest and back were covered in burns. There was 6 on my chest and 23 on my back. I'm not allergic to anything and there was no reason for me to have blisters.

Now I have smaller instances of cuts or burns almost daily. No more things flying across the room though and I haven't been bashed into the wall again thankfully. And nobody else has been hurt at all. I talked to a friend that suggested telling whoever/whatever it is to just leave. They weren't welcome here and I tried that. It didn't work, but I did get a scratch almost 6 inches long down my back. Someone suggested that I leave out bowls of water and change the water several times daily. The way I understood it, supposedly whatever that's doing this stuff would be attracted to the water. Sounded like a load of crap, but I'm up to trying anything at this point. I've been told to burn sage in all the rooms, lay salt over the doors and windows and foundation of the house. Keep the mirrors covered. I feel like one of those superstitious fools that think stepping on a crack will break their mother's back. Nothing's seeming to work. I got told to have a priest come in and bless the house. I'm not religious in the least, and the only interaction I've had with priests were negative, but I still called the local church here to see if the Father would come out. He essentially laughed at me for being a superstitious bumpkin.

Please, does anyone have any ideas what I can do? I've never studied into this stuff, never really believed one way or the other that things like this happen until now. And even when it was just pops' laughter and cologne, I never really thought about it beyond the "happy he's having fun again" point.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• countrygirl

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Kalien

I am so sorry to hear what a terrible time you have had.

I have known people to have some luck, and peace, after asking for help from a person who can spiritually cleanse the place, or a pastor from another kind of church, rather than that priest. His reaction is his alone. I think another kind of church leader may help you.

I don't think you should do it alone.

I joined this board several days back and I just couldn't bring myself to type this out. It seemed like everytime I did I'd get busy with something else. Here's my story and I apologize in advance if I type it out of sync. I'm at my wits end right now and really don't know what to do anymore.

I moved in with my fiance almost 2 years ago to take care of his terminal father. His father and my 7 year old son were really close and even wanted to sleep in the same room. My son wanted to be there in case he needed help at night, and my fiance's father had recently lost his wife and was having problems sleeping saying it was too quiet.

After he passed away, we would smell his cologne throughout the house. He hadn't worn the cologne in a couple years because he couldn't breath well and was on oxygen. There's not a bottle of that cologne at all in the house. It was no big deal. We'd hear him laughing, zydeco music, and him doing his cajun call sometimes. Nothing more than that. But everytime we'd smell his cologne. This has been going on for over 18 months now and it's a good feeling thinking okay pops is still around sometimes and is happy again.

About a month ago we quit smelling his cologne and weird things started happening. I started having dreams of a short man that was really furious. They were so terrifying, just the feeling of I guess the words would be hate and fury(?) that I would wake up on the verge of tears. I didn't say anything about the dreams to anyone, but a few days later my son woke up screaming saying there was a short man that was really really mad at him and didn't like him. It kind of freaked me out, but I figured okay maybe we just have the same dreams or something. No biggie, it's just dreams.

About a week later, I was sitting in the living room and felt like someone was watching me. I looked around thinking maybe my fiance and son came home since they were gone. They hadn't. I went back to watching the news when a candle that has been sitting above the TV for months just flew off. It flew a good 10 feet across the room, hit me in the chest hard enough to knock the wind of out me, bounced half way back across the room to the floor and rolled back at me hitting my foot. When it flew, I got this awful smell in my nose, like when you stir a compost pile on a really hot sunny day smell. Between the smell and having the wind knocked out of me I got violently sick. I went outside and waited until they came home before I went back inside.

A few days later, I'm walking up a short set of stairs and get the feeling of being watched again. Almost at the same time I smell that rotten stench and feel something slide into my hair and bash my head into the wall. Not once, but 4 times. I saw stars and almost fell down the stairs. I carried that knot on my head for weeks and it's still there a little.

Ever since smaller things have happened. I was sitting in the living room with my fiance and son and my arm started hurting really badly. I said something to my fiance and he said well did you get bit by something? Right then while we were both looking at my arm, we saw a series of scratches come up. I hadn't scratched my arm at all. I chew my nails down to nothing so I don't even have nails to scratch myself with.

I was working on the computer awhile later and my chest and back started burning like they were on fire. I literally screamed for him and ripped my shirt off. My chest and back were covered in burns. There was 6 on my chest and 23 on my back. I'm not allergic to anything and there was no reason for me to have blisters.

Now I have smaller instances of cuts or burns almost daily. No more things flying across the room though and I haven't been bashed into the wall again thankfully. And nobody else has been hurt at all. I talked to a friend that suggested telling whoever/whatever it is to just leave. They weren't welcome here and I tried that. It didn't work, but I did get a scratch almost 6 inches long down my back. Someone suggested that I leave out bowls of water and change the water several times daily. The way I understood it, supposedly whatever that's doing this stuff would be attracted to the water. Sounded like a load of crap, but I'm up to trying anything at this point. I've been told to burn sage in all the rooms, lay salt over the doors and windows and foundation of the house. Keep the mirrors covered. I feel like one of those superstitious fools that think stepping on a crack will break their mother's back. Nothing's seeming to work. I got told to have a priest come in and bless the house. I'm not religious in the least, and the only interaction I've had with priests were negative, but I still called the local church here to see if the Father would come out. He essentially laughed at me for being a superstitious bumpkin.

Please, does anyone have any ideas what I can do? I've never studied into this stuff, never really believed one way or the other that things like this happen until now. And even when it was just pops' laughter and cologne, I never really thought about it beyond the "happy he's having fun again" point.

I suggest you move. If I had time to make a decent post I would, However I will email you when i get in tomorrow. Goodluck, PS...go to a church, ask for advice..have them come check out the home...also, find a local investigative group, inform them on this matter, I know my team would hit that spot up in a heartbeat. I wish you the best of luck.

Have you tried praying and asking for protection, even though you are not religious? Also, if dad's spirit was there earlier and it was a good feeling, try calling out his name and asking for help, and perhaps also stating that you really enjoyed his presence when he was around. I'm just using my common sense in trying to help, as I am no expert in this sort of thing. I know crosses don't work as well as the salt thing, as that is meant to keep spirits out and yours is already there. Asking abt for a pastor is good advice and why not check out if there are any reputable psychic mediums who are professional at this sort of thing? Just make sure they are for real, as there are far more fakes than real ones. I dunno if covering mirrors helps any aside from keeping one from scaring the crap out of themselves. Everytime I get the willies from reading ghost stories, I absolutely refuse to look in a mirror when passing one as I almost always scare the crap out of myself thinking I might see something scary LOL

Thank you for your suggestions and support. I have a native healer planning to come in the next week or two to cleanse the house. I didn't even consider another denomination holy man. There's a few churches here I'll call in the morning. Thank you for the idea.

I do talk to pops and ask him to help us, but it doesn't seem to help. We haven't smelled his cologne or heard him since this other stuff started so I don't know if he's here or not coming around because of this or what.

Monday we did start looking for a new house, but Saturday night we were at a friend's house and I got scratched. I figured we were like 40 miles from the house so everything would be fine, but I guess that doesn't matter? Do these things follow you? For some reason I figured that if I wasn't in the house it wouldn't happen.

I have so many questions and I've tried finding answers online today but I'm not finding most of them.

Do these things follow you?

How do you get rid of it?

My house has never had any problem with bugs and Orkin comes out monthly to do preventative treatments, but in the last 2wks it's turned into a roach motel. Is this whatever it is causing that?

Nightly there's coyotes in my yard and that's never happened before. We shoot over their heads to scare them off, but they come right back. We've even killed a few and left the bodies lay there the rest of the night thinking it might scare them off, but it doesn't. I can't think of a reason they'd be there. There's no food or water out to attract them. Is that connected?

I wish I knew more about this, but it seems like the info I do find contradicts info I found somewhere else.

FGHS.Founder, I'm looking forward to your email.

Sounds to me like you have a demon attached to you. I don't really know much of anything on the subject, as in how to fix it, just all the stories I have read and I read alot of them. I daresay, maybe it disguised itself as dad and that's how it gained access into your home and gained power or what have you. I think that may be why your dad won't come back, perhaps he was never there. I do not have a clue as to why this entity would choose to bother you, but it has. It's good that it hasn't bothered anyone in your house so far. Have you gotten any items given to you or inherited around the same time you first sensed your dad's presence about? Perhaps, if you have, get whatever items they are out of the house, perhaps somewhere else for safekeeping if they are of value to you. Demons like to attach themselves to things. I have never heard of any ghosts causing that much physical pain, so I doubt you have a ghost. Since you have that Native Healer coming soon, you should ask him abt this sort of thing and hopefully I am wrong. Yes, those coyotes can sense something is there with you and that is why they are attracted to your house. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. The bugs come with it as well, and I suppose soon you'll be starting to smell stenches and garbage. I'd say get out of there but that doesn't seem to do any good. Perhaps you are wearing something? I don't know. I am just guessing and going on stuff from all the things I have read. I am by no means actually sure of what I am talking abt. I am sorry I can't be of more help.

PS God can banish demons. I know you are not religious, but if it does come to light that you have a demon, then perhaps it won't hurt to do a bit of religious research and see what help is available to you. If you believe in God, you can tell the demon to leave in the name of Jesus Christ and that is supposed to work (or in the name of God) but I think that it only works for people who believe. I'm not sure. Doesn't hurt to try anyways :o)))

First of all..i must say it's really spooky story....so my answer to you would be to find out why his spiritt is restless....or get some help from church.Every haunting or ghost or call it whatever you like has reason why he's comin' back to this world,never jusrt for fun.I

think it would be better to find out why he is comin' back....and put him to rest.

See how the native healer gets on with the cleansing. That should do the trick.

If what your saying is true, it sounds almost like a poltergiest, pray every night. i dont care if your religious or not just do it. and try to find a cross, whatever works

If what your saying is true, it sounds almost like a poltergiest, pray every night. i dont care if your religious or not just do it. and try to find a cross, whatever works

It does sound like a poltergeist.

And I have heard of them following people no matter where they move. If they are attached to you somehow you must find a way to get rid of it.

Definitely pray. But be careful of the type of religious ceremonies that go on in the house to cleanse because it can actually make things worse if the person does not know what they are doing.

Have you researched the house? Maybe contacted the person/people who previously lived there? Maybe they also had the same experience.

Also, have you taken any objects into your home that may have caused this? If so get rid of them... ANYTHING you can think of, especially if the activity happens in mostly one room vs another..

Has it given you any clues of what it wants from you?

If what you have described has really happened I really feel for you. Do you feel threatened during these experiences? I know some have suggested you move. I know in some cases this is not an option right away. I can't image what you could do.

I can't think of any objects that we'd brought in around that time. After his father passed, we cleaned out their personal belongings, but all of ours had already been here. And it doesn't happen in any one room, but throughout the house and I guess friends' houses now too. I don't wear jewelry or any other thing daily and neither does my family. I'll think more on if there might be something that either got brought in around the time my fiance's father passed or that is always around me when things happen though. Maybe I'm just overlooking something really obvious.

The healer had me list the feelings that I feel when something's happening, and they're always the same: terror, helplessness, extremely hot with sweat pouring off me, and I feel someone watching me and it just feels like frustration, hate, and fury all rolled up into one. This afternoon I was folding laundry and it happened again but I swear I could hear laughter almost. Like when you can't really hear it, but you know someone's laughing?

The house is relatively new so there isn't a lot to research on it. This was part of a plantation until after the war when it was divided up through the years and sold off. The main house of the plantation is still standing and occupied about a mile from my house. The people my fiance's mother & father bought it from cleared the woods and built the house. Before the woods were cleared, there had been nothing built here to my knowledge. Nothing "bad" has happened in the house before either to my knowledge. The first owners were from the old South meaning very superstitious and really religious. If something like this would've happened they would've moved before they did. The worst thing that has happened in this area was a few battles during the Civil War. <trying at humor here because otherwise I think I would've cracked a long time ago> It can't have anything to do with that because a Southern man would have better manners and a yank wouldn't have stuck around this long.

And yes, this is really happening. I was nervous about posting it since I wasn't a member of this site and I figured that there are probably several people who make things up for whatever warped reason. If you'd like to see the burns I received today in the laundry room I'll try to take a picture and post it. I have several burns in my armpit of all places that happened today. My fiance doesn't know I posting here or I'd have him take the picture. He thinks we should just ignore it and it'll go away eventually.

Have you researched the house? Maybe contacted the person/people who previously lived there? Maybe they also had the same experience.

Definitely sounds like a poltergeist - you are very brave for I would have left lomg ago, but I agree with everyone's suggestions, and agree that you should research the house as well.

Good luck and keep us informed!!!

While you are waiting for the healer to cleanse your house are you sure the marks on your skin aren't an allergry you have developed? Maybe while doing the laundry is a clue, washing powder or soap, it wouldn't hurt to change the brand you are using just to see....Allergies can be weird in that they can come out of the blue and be of something you were always fine with before...

Creepy. I would find an investigative team in your area to find out what's going on as suggested before.

Wow .. I feel for ya. :mellow: I have no doubt this is really happening to you.

There are so many reasons that this could be happening. Sometimes they are attracted to a person (usually teenagers), or maybe someone last living in the house before you was messing with an Ouija board and opened up the doorway to something they shouldn't have.

Has the healer walked thru the house yet?

This definitely sounds like a demon (they like to torment the way this thing seems to be tormenting you... they also have been known to disguise themselves as friendly....which I believe the earlier and familiar cologne smell and laughter was probably the same demon who posed as your father in law to gain some sort of trust from you at the beginning).

It all seems to have started with the passing of your father in law. I don't know what is significant in that but something has happened at that time (besides his death) that brought this demon along. Like... I'm sure you attended the funeral for your father in law. Maybe while at the cemetery, there were demons hanging out nearby and somehow you got their attention, unwillingly and unknowingly of course. Or maybe something someone gave you at the funeral or shortly after his death... an object could have unknowingly been possessed. Did you bring home any flowers or plants from the funeral?

One sure fire way to get rid of a demon is just like one other person said -- to demand it leave in the name of Jesus Christ (the Jesus Christ part is significant, so you can't just demand it leave without saying specifically "in the name of Jesus Christ" too. Jesus' name MUST be spoken. But this is really only advised if you are a strong Christian. You say you aren't religious so I would not advise this for you. Instead, you need to get a pastor to come and do this for you, not just blessing your house (because it doesn't seem to be limited to your house... but seems to be attached specifically to YOU)... so also get the pastor to bless YOU too (in addition to the house).

Your fiance's idea of ignoring it in hopes that it will just go away -- very bad idea, as that will only cause the demon to act worse, as it wants your attention, not to be ignored.

Sorry I cannot offer more help. I do believe you are experiencing these things and it certainly is no laughing matter. Don't shrug it off. It is serious and I can only hope and pray that this is not the beginnings of a demon possession (as in you in the beginning stages of getting possessed).

Again, don't take this lightly... don't wait.... get some real help from a pastor. This can blow up into something much worse than it already is. Not that I'm trying to scare you... I just want to make sure you know to take some serious action now and not shrug it off and ignore it as your finance suggests.... ignoring a problem will not make it go away.

Keep us updated.

This is a demon attack. I went through a very mild (in comparison) version of this 20 years ago. You have gotten some great advice. Demons will attach themselves to things and even people. Sometimes they are attracted to places where violent deaths occurred. I had to spend some serious time (days) in prayer asking God to protect me and my house. I really felt God move me to get rid of some specific things: books, music, several objects, etc. Once I got rid of these things, I was able to walk into my room and order the demon to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. I knew that this would not work until I had gotten rid of the items specifically pointed out to me.

When we moved into our current house the room which became our son's room smelled like dead animal. But we couldn't quite locate the source of the smell. Then it went away, only to return in different locations in the room at different times. We didn't quite realize qhat was happening until our son told us someone had hit him and laughed at him, but there was no one there. We immediately moved him out of the room, prayed and eventually had to have our pastor and chruch elders come pray in his room and the presence and the smell went away.

You allowed this being to stay in yor house and became comfortable with it. You may have inadvertently given it permission to stay in your house; that may make it more difficult to get rid of it.

Oh my word, this is some scary stuff. I have been a lot more aware of these kinds of things since a friend of my husbands was possessed about a year ago. I would never give it a second glance before it all happened and would just shrug something like this off as being truthful and just think of it as a "ghost story."

I think you are extremely brave by the looks of it, the way you tend to describe things is very interesting and if it were me, I wouldve probably gone crazy by now, you seem to have a handle on it, and your fiance should as well. Infact he should probably be on here reading the responses, because ignoring it is definitely not the answer.

I wish you all the best, and please let us know what happens if you could. I am sorry this has happened.

One more thing, from what I have studied for quite sometime now, yes there is a possibility that demons pretend to be someone they are not, as in your grandfather. But, what else could have happened is the fact that since you became accustomed to those little things he did, with the cologne, you accepted it. You were open minded to the other side. This makes it easier for demons to come around. It could have very well been your grandfather, but now that the demon has found an easy entrance it took the opportunity.

This thread is quickly becoming a demon thread, when nobody really knows if that is the case or not. Firstly I think the OP should get an allergy test to outrule any allergies, the skin problem may have nothing at all to do with the other spirit acitivty, esp if working with the laundry set it off again. It's quite possible that the father was around and others came in with him. I personally think you've got a negitive and distressed spirit looking for help who is causing these things not a demon. You mentioned feeling sensations of fire, it seems this spirit is projecting their condition onto you ( which is not unsual if you are receptive) it's just another way that they are able to communicate or if they draw too close to your energy field. Sounds like perhaps this spirit had a fire related death, the mixed emotions and feelings of despair/anger/unrest is from the spirits emotional state/baggage.

How to fix this - See how the native healer gets on, a cleansing should do the trick in removing the build up of negitive energy being projected by this spirit. This spirit sounds like it needs help and to then be moved on. Ask the healer if he can do this, if not you will need to get a good medium in to do this.

Anvil, the reason so many people are saying this is a demon is because it has the classic characteristics of such (study up on demon activity and you will see). While I agree that laundry detergent can cause allergic reactions (my daughter is allergic to Fab detergent, which makes her break out in hives), I don't believe that is what's happening in this woman's case because that wouldn't explain ALL THE OTHER THINGS that have occurred along with her skin reactions.

Also, since I am a Christian and therefore believe in the Bible, the Bible says that the dead cannot communicate with the living. So I don't believe as you do that this is a troubled spirit (of someone who is deceased) harrassing her. Instead, it has the classic markings of being a demon. I've had some experience with demon activity myself (like IamsSon) yet unlike him, I do not wish to share my story about that. But there are similarities (the fact that the woman and her son both had the same dream about the same presence, the strange smells, things flying across the room, etc.) -- those most certainly are not the descriptions of any allergy.

No one is TRYING to turn this into a demon thread. Just that so many people have recognized her problem as sounding like a demon (and have simply told her so). I think this woman should seriously take that into consideration, even if she does not seem to think that's what it is. JUST DON'T RULE IT OUT.

One thing is certain -- this woman needs to get some help quickly. I pray that she and her family find peace from this problem.

Edited by ragus

Anvil, the reason so many people are saying this is a demon is because it has the classic characteristics of such (study up on demon activity and you will see). While I agree that laundry detergent can cause allergic reactions (my daughter is allergic to Fab detergent, which makes her break out in hives), I don't believe that is what's happening in this woman's case because that wouldn't explain ALL THE OTHER THINGS that have occurred along with her skin reactions.

Also, since I am a Christian and therefore believe in the Bible, the Bible says that the dead cannot communicate with the living. So I don't believe as you do that this is a troubled spirit (of someone who is deceased) harrassing her. Instead, it has the classic markings of being a demon. I've had some experience with demon activity myself (like IamsSon) yet unlike him, I do not wish to share my story about that. But there are similarities (the fact that the woman and her son both had the same dream about the same presence, the strange smells, things flying across the room, etc.) -- those most certainly are not the descriptions of any allergy.

No one is TRYING to turn this into a demon thread. Just that so many people have recognized her problem as sounding like a demon (and have simply told her so). I think this woman should seriously take that into consideration, even if she does not seem to think that's what it is. JUST DON'T RULE IT OUT.

One thing is certain -- this woman needs to get some help quickly. I pray that she and her family find peace from this problem.

You took the words right out of my mouth ragus. Anvil your skepicism is truly getting somewhat annoying. There are many possibilites out there, countless, as you are correct on this. But, take into effect that other people have experienced these things and you have not. All your "possibles" are getting to be too much now. Just face the fact, you cannot come up with an explaination for everything. Give it a rest.

Firstly I think the OP should get an allergy test to outrule any allergies, the skin problem may have nothing at all to do with the other spirit acitivty, esp if working with the laundry set it off again.

The blisters I can understand might be an allergy, but the scratches? I don't seen how those could reasonably be explained away by an allergic reaction. Believe me when I say this, before I posted here I'd gone through weeks of trying to find a plausible explaination for what's been happening. I even had myself halfway convinced I was going crazy until the night that my fiance watched a scratch being made on my leg.

And yes, I was at a cemetary for my father in law's funeral, but didn't bring any flowers or anything like that home with me.

The healer's coming Friday morning, and I have a baptist preacher coming out this afternoon to bless the house and bless me. It seems strange, but if it works I'll be a convert. He blessed a cross necklace and I'm wearing it. Since I put it on I've only been scratched once. I still feel like someone's watching me, but haven't been burned or hit again.

I don't want you to think my stupid joke means I'm not terrified. I'm so close to losing control that if I don't make some attempt at lightening my thoughts and heart I'm not sure what I would be doing at this point. Make sense? I think it's called fatalistist's mirth, where when things are really bad someone has to laugh or just crawl into a ball and cry.

Since it seems like the majority opinion is that this is a demon attack ... what exactly is a demon? I've read that it's someone who was evil in life that passed on and their evilness consumed them in death, a lesser angel that fell from God's grace, the soul of someone who passed that's enslaved by someone who's living, the old gods of like Egypt, Greece, Gael.

Where do they come from, why do they come, and will having the preacher and healer come in blessing my house/me kill it? It sickens me that something would take on the guise of a loved one that we just lost and manipulate my family like that. It infuriates me and all I want to do is hurt it as much as it's hurting me and scaring my son.

I don't know whether or not this is the wise thing to do, but have you comfronted the entity to ask what it wants of you? Asked it to leave? Tell it that it's not welcome in your home and that is YOUR home not his?

I think unless you are spiritually stable, you may not be able to do this. But I can say from past experience that when I feel entities in my home that do not have a good feeling to them, I've confronted them. And they DID go away. But any sign of fear within and they won't budge. That's why I say you have to be strong in order to do this.

?? I don't know, but I will pray for you. :)