Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rumoured Unicorn Sighting Reported

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,630 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

Amateur video depicting what could be one of the most elusive legendary creatures, the unicorn, has been captured on film by a Toronto resident.  The video in question, shot by a local birdwatcher, Peter Hickey-Jones, shows what appears to be a white horse with a single horn on its head emerging from the trees in the Don Valley wetland.

Hickey-Jones brought the footage to the Ontario Science Centre to be analyzed by experts. The Science Centre is reviewing the footage frame-by-frame to determine whether Hickey-Jonesí claim is legitimate.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,991 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

I've never really questioned wether or not Unicorns are real. Mainly because I see no logical reason as to why they wouldn't possibly exist. Also because I've never really thought about it too much. It certainly is more believable than say, a pig with wings. A unicorn would really just be a pretty horse with a horn. But anyway, where's the video? I read the article but saw no link to a video or any pictures. And the unicorn facts list is very interesting.

Edited by Ozzy Valentine, 11 October 2010 - 08:13 PM.

#3    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

From the article:

"The Ontario Science Centre has set up an emergency unicorn hotline for  the public for further information on unicorns or to report any unusual  or questionable sightings."

Seriously? What kind of serious "Science Center" is going to set up a hotline for friggin' unicorns? Off of one questionable video no less?

I think somebody disfigured a horse for fun and it escaped. No wonder it runs from people, you would too if someone glued a horn to your head.

View PostOzzy Valentine, on 11 October 2010 - 08:10 PM, said:

I've  never really questioned wether or not Unicorns are real.mainly because I  see no logical reason as to why the wouldn't possibly exist.

...but have you questioned yourself as to why they WOULD possibly exist? Horns don't just appear on animals, they evolve to have them, and seeing as how horses have never had horns...

Edited by Moonie2012, 11 October 2010 - 08:19 PM.

#4    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

Yes, unicorns have goat's beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hooves; not just a horn on their head.

It is surely just a horse. A very pretty horse, but it would be a horse nonetheless. It is sad how the truth of the mythology dies with time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Stormcrow, 11 October 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#5    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

• 2,991 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 11 October 2010 - 08:11 PM, said:

I think somebody disfigured a horse for fun and it escaped. No wonder it runs from people, you would too if someone glued a horn to your head.

Well, that would certainly be one explanation. :P

#6    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,630 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

View PostOzzy Valentine, on 11 October 2010 - 08:10 PM, said:

A unicorn would really just be a pretty horse with a horn. But anyway, where's the video? I read the article but saw no link to a video or any pictures. And the unicorn facts list is very interesting.
The video is in the article link. Look to the left of the article text and you should be able to see it.

Posted Image

#7    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

• 2,991 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

Thanks a lot.

#8    silentsinger

silentsinger

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

Wouldnt a real horse/unicorn be moving up and down or something? The way it moves makes it look like its a stuffed horse on wheels lol

#9    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:31 PM

View Postmutationman, on 11 October 2010 - 08:26 PM, said:

Wouldnt a real horse/unicorn be moving up and down or something? The way it moves makes it look like its a stuffed horse on wheels lol

I thought the movement was very weird as well, I watched the video a couple of times and couldn't figure out why there was no rolling from the gait. It could just be a very smooth horse, like a paso fino, but it does seem really weird. The fact that he didn't bring his camera down low enough to see the legs  could be suspicious too.

#10    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

• 2,991 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Why don't they just go out and look for it? This video seems fake to me. Again, I'm not discounting that they could possibly exist - Just because we don't understand something doesn't mean it couldn't be real - but this video seems like a work.

#11    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,554 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

I noticed that too Mutation. It just slides through the picture.

Also, the horn doesn't taper. It seems to be the same width at the top and bottom. If it is a real horse, which i doubt due to the movement, perhaps it got shot in the head w/ an arrow. :(

Embrace the impossible.

#12    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

Oh, my hoaxdar is going off...

Not that there haven't been reports of critters with one horn over the years. Or real critters with one horn either :)

But I'm betting that this is not a mythical magical horse born with a horn.

#13    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

View PostOzzy Valentine, on 11 October 2010 - 08:32 PM, said:

Why don't they just go out and look for it? This video seems fake to me. Again, I'm not discounting that they could possibly exist - Just because we don't understand something doesn't mean it couldn't be real - but this video seems like a work.

Mythologically speaking, a unicorn that doesn't want to be caught won't be caught, and won't be found. A person must be pure of heart to catch one, and they generally favor young virgin women. Haha, I'd like to believe in them, I think deep in my subconscious I do -- but I don't believe this video.

Edit: The arrow theory is actually a pretty good one. It's hunting season isn't it? Horses get confused for deer quite commonly.

Edited by Stormcrow, 11 October 2010 - 08:37 PM.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,569 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

View PostStormcrow, on 11 October 2010 - 08:36 PM, said:

Mythologically speaking, a unicorn that doesn't want to be caught won't be caught, and won't be found. A person must be pure of heart to catch one, and they generally favor young virgin women. Haha, I'd like to believe in them, I think deep in my subconscious I do -- but I don't believe this video.

Edit: The arrow theory is actually a pretty good one. It's hunting season isn't it? Horses get confused for deer quite commonly.

First , I am 100% positive Unicorns do not exist...

Second , I hunt , and what hunter confuses a horse with a deer?.....that is not a hunter , it is a idiot....As a hunter , you do not take the shot unless you know you can hit the kill zone ( especially bow hunting) , 5-60 yards is what I use...( used to use , no longer hunt)...To mistake a horse with a deer is driving me nuts Posted Image ...or a Elk , Moose  , Sheep , etc.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#15    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hmm.
Its a horse with a seat on its head.

the truth is out there....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users