Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#16    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostOdin11, on 11 February 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Wanting gun control does not always = anti-gun.

Oh but yes it does, who are  you to say it doesn't?  You anti gunners are so derpy,  Go and live in some other country like Asia see how you cope over der !!

View PostRlyeh, on 11 February 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

It appears someone doesn't know the definition of control.

And you don't have a right to an opinion, this here forum is only for us Americans .. Go home Aussie, back to France where you belong !!

:P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 11 February 2013 - 11:16 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#17    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

I didn't mean the "your" as in your very own guns, but more of a generalisation. I thought that was obvious, as I do not know about how you handle guns.

What I mean is, that most of the illegal guns in your country used to be legal ones. And that the guns used in most shooting incidents were bought by "law abiding citizens".

#18    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Great, i think we can wrap this thread up now. Thx for the summarization Becky.  ;)

No discussion needed, Americans know best. That's why children go into schools and start shooting everybody. Supah-smart.

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,798 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Gets annoying seeing all the Aussies and whoever think they know what's best for the American people. All big things have small beginnings, you don't think more control would lead to the bans?  Get for real.
No where near annoying as a loud mouth who can't read.

#20    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 11 February 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

No where near annoying as a loud mouth who can't read.

Thanks for proving my point.  The people running this country are bad enough.  Thank god for people like you are living where you do.  I'm a loudmouth?  Do you see me trolling the Aussie section of this website spouting out crap about how a country should be run that I've never been to and having no business arguing and pushing my viewpoints?  Thanks for the laugh bud.  I don't give a damn about your country, I mind my business and only put my thoughts here in the U.S. section... the place I live.

It's funny how you anti-gun people who don't even live here are the same ones trolling every single gun thread in the U.S. portion of the forums.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 11 February 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#21    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,798 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks for proving my point.  The people running this country are bad enough.  Thank god for people like you are living where you do.  And I'm a loudmouth?  Do you see me trolling the Aussie section of this website spouting out crap about how a country should be run that I've never been to and having no business arguing my viewpoints?  Thanks for the laugh bud.  I don't give a damn about your country, I mind my business and only put my thoughts here on my own.

It's funny how you anti-gun people who don't even live here are the same ones trolling every single gun thread in the U.S. portion of the forums.
Posted Image

#22    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

And if only you had a life... over 5k posts in a year.  Get a job bud.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#23    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,798 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

And if only you had a life... over 5k posts in a year.  Get a job bud.
Not very good at math either? 2011 to 2013 is 2 years.

#24    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 11 February 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Not very good at math either? 2011 to 2013 is 2 years.

LOL touche, either way you actually have actually averaged 7 posts every single day for 2 years.... and it'll take me a while I still write '12 on papers too.  It's early in the year babe.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#25    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,286 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

The news is suppose to be unbiased, reflecting actual events so people can decide what is right or wrong for them. Now it has only been turned into an avenue politicians can use to influence the population. I haven't seen hardly any news cover that covers the pros of being a gun owner, it is always the cons of owning a gun. There is pros and cons with owning anything that we have today, so why cover the other things and completely shun guns? Don't they get it? The people really have lost faith in the news magazines, news papers, or news channels. What I read I take with a grain of salt half the time, but I do show news on this thread that happens to be covering live events. Even then they are still biased and I try to tell the other side of the story, only to get mocked and called a liar.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#26    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,801 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

It would appear that people who want to control gun ownership in the USA ,have no intention of following the same guidelines they want applied to everyone else.

They refuse to put GUN FREE ZONE signs on their lawns,and have armed body guards .

Ho hum.
This is why there can be no progress on many issues in the US I find. As soon as someone mentions they have a 1 particular belief/desire, they get thrown into a group (liberal, anti-gun, etc) and with that they inherit (whether rightfully or wrongly) all the beliefs of the group.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#27    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,801 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks for proving my point.  The people running this country are bad enough.  Thank god for people like you are living where you do.  I'm a loudmouth?  Do you see me trolling the Aussie section of this website spouting out crap about how a country should be run that I've never been to and having no business arguing and pushing my viewpoints?  Thanks for the laugh bud.  I don't give a damn about your country, I mind my business and only put my thoughts here in the U.S. section... the place I live.

Why dont you just leave and go to an "Americans only" forum if you dont like open discussion.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#28    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,278 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

snip

Edited by OverSword, 11 February 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#29    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,972 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 11 February 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

The news is suppose to be unbiased, reflecting actual events so people can decide what is right or wrong for them. Now it has only been turned into an avenue politicians can use to influence the population.

No privately owned media news source can ever be truly unbiased.

I haven't seen hardly any news cover that covers the pros of being a gun owner, it is always the cons of owning a gun.

Listing the cons is pretty much the function of the watchdog press when bad things happen.

The media don't go out of their way to list the pros of ice cream during a salmonella outbreak, for example.

Covering the pros is the job of the ice-cream manufacturers marketing departments.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#30    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostTiggs, on 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

No privately owned media news source can ever be truly unbiased.

Come on now. Surely you wouldn't prefer government owned media news sources to privately owned ones. Talk about biased.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users