Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Chemotherapy Boosts Cancer Growth

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 24 January 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

BMK man...it's just common sense, which would you rather eat, natural foods that have been around for millenia, or modified foods that have been around for a few years? Which group do you think has more evidence of being healthy? I mean come on, you don't even really have to think about it to know. Scientists screw up all the time, they're human. No one knows the long term effects of GMOs (or medication) until potential damage is already done. Some people would rather not take the chance, and that is their right to do so. I'll ask you this, why do so many people eat organic? There must be a reason for that...maybe they like staying healthy and not putting unknowns into their body...
Where to start... How many natural foods (which weren't gone through selection, aka gene mutations, which took years to come into the present "form") do you have on your table? Ever tried wild carrots? Or "tasty" and "yummy" wild apples (don't confuse with Malus). Try eat/survive on those for a week, and see what your impressions of natural foods will be.
Nowadays flavor/taste/resilience to parasites can be "built" in the lab. Does it mean its bad?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#62    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I do bushcraft I'm perfectly happy to what nature supplies.

Going to ignore BMK now, I mean seriously as Wolverine said it's common sense.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#63    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostCoffey, on 24 January 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I do bushcraft I'm perfectly happy to what nature supplies.

Going to ignore BMK now, I mean seriously as Wolverine said it's common sense.
What a shock!
Having zero/ziltch/nada to support the claims... As always with woowooland dwellers and quackery supporters...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#64    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Ok, I'm done, clearly this is the twilight zone. Natural food apparently equals quackery. Right.

Edited by WoIverine, 24 January 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#65    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,748 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

as always anyone who is not mainstream is a "quack" . :td: please

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#66    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 24 January 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

as always anyone who is not mainstream is a "quack" . :td: please

I don't even think that's mainstream man, most people eat actual food, but apparently they're all quacks too since they prefer not to consume a bunch of chemicals and preservatives. However that logic works. lol

Edited by WoIverine, 24 January 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#67    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 24 January 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Ok, I'm done, clearly this is the twilight zone. Natural food apparently equals quackery. Right.

If someone is actually implying that, I won't bother to read this thread.  That's gotta be one of the dumbest things ever posted.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#68    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I have never heard such nonsense about anything to do with health in my life,charts are garbage.I will continue to eat my way and you eat yours bmk,though i would like to see blood samples,body fat %,vitamin mineral deficiency levels,and so on compared to someone who eats pure junk.I would bet its astonishing!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#69    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 24 January 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Taking out of context. As usual. Where did I say eating vegetables is quackery? Claims that  veggies will make you safe from cancer - thats quackery, claims that tiny bit of GMOs will make you sick - thats quackery.
You've been eating genetically  modified food from your childhood, as well as those who have been eating this food in, say, 40s - apples, carrots, potatoes (I wonder why European weren't extinct  when they were introduced with potatoes/pomatoes), wheat, rye, etc, etc. Every single plant was modified, and some modified quite quickly. Why do you think there are so many species of apples, potatoes, rye, etc, and how many of them emerged just in 20th century, huh?
BTW, are chemicals in your antioxidant supplements bad, or good?  What will happen if one will take too much vitamin C (one of the most antioxidants used), and is it extracted form the plants, or is it synthesized in Big pharma factories? If latter, will it make you sick?

#70    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 24 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

I have never heard such nonsense about anything to do with health in my life,charts are garbage.I will continue to eat my way and you eat yours bmk,though i would like to see blood samples,body fat %,vitamin mineral deficiency levels,and so on compared to someone who eats pure junk.I would bet its astonishing!
Don't worry, I still eat meat and smoke cigars from time to time (even after MI), I eat vegetables (and did it in the past), I eat fruits (and did it in the past), and I don't give a rats munch about torturing myself with eating just raw food (heh, sent those raw eaters to Siberia, how long will they last?). Ever wonder why vegetable eating creatures have so big bellies?

#71    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I am a personal trainer,have trained boxing since my grandfather got me into it at 9 years old,trained for mma for the last 9 years.Believe me im carnivorous lol,but i dont touch refined sugars,starches,or pre packaged meals.My vices are bourbon,brandy,and occasional cigs.I have always believed you are what you eat,though this term has been used against me by a ex girlfriend or 2 hahaha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#72    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 24 January 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

I am a personal trainer,have trained boxing since my grandfather got me into it at 9 years old,trained for mma for the last 9 years.Believe me im carnivorous lol,but i dont touch refined sugars,starches,or pre packaged meals.[...]
You mean with chemicals? But many of those chemicals you can find in said natural foods.

Now about the claims that if GMO repels insects and/or are resistant to all sorts of "illnesses" even small amount of it will cause harm. How about those natural foods which were developed through selection and are resistant to "illnesses"? For example, Ballyfatten apples are resistant to scab and canker. Will it make me sick if I will eat those apples? If apples with similar properties will be "made" in the lab, will eating those make me sick, or will it be safe?

View PostCrimsonKing, on 24 January 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

[...] though this term has been used against me by a ex girlfriend or 2 hahaha
Let me guess, she called you animal :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users