Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

No Such Thing As Aliens On Earth Unless.....

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#16    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Big C Survivor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

"we" are made of star material.

water and oxygen are not unique to planet earth - at least I hope not. :D

there are aliens on this planet. I married one.

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours"

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad~

"It is easier to fool somebody than it is to convince them they've been fooled"   ~Mark Twain~

#17    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 10 July 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Depends on if you believe that Space in Infiinite. If it is, then the number of planets also approaches infinity. And so even taking all your factors into account, the number of planets just like Earth still approaches infinitiy. Basically you're saying that the huge Oak Tree down the road is unique, and it is. But, right down the street from it are hundreds and thousands and statewide... millions of other Oak Trees, which are comparable if clearly not identical.

yea it might be infinite numbers of oak tree but im pretty sure the rings in the bark and branches are unique to that tree meaning if that oak tree had life becuz it was the right size had the right number of branches, and if it had one less branch it couldnt sustain life that mean all dem other oak trees couldnt sustain life because the dnt have the unique characteristics of the first oak tree i.e number of branches and the size of any parameter

That is simply not true. Many animals exhibit just as much intellegence in many areas as Humans. Whales, dolphins, elephants, gorillas, even parrots and ravens are very intellegent. If humans died out entirely as a species, some other mammal would quickly rise up and begin tool use again and eventually use of fire, and then on to advanced technology. Not in a decades, or centuries kind of thing, maybe millions of years, but it would happen.

View PostDieChecker, on 10 July 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Depends on if you believe that Space in Infiinite. If it is, then the number of planets also approaches infinity. And so even taking all your factors into account, the number of planets just like Earth still approaches infinitiy. Basically you're saying that the huge Oak Tree down the road is unique, and it is. But, right down the street from it are hundreds and thousands and statewide... millions of other Oak Trees, which are comparable if clearly not identical.

That is simply not true. Many animals exhibit just as much intellegence in many areas as Humans. Whales, dolphins, elephants, gorillas, even parrots and ravens are very intellegent. If humans died out entirely as a species, some other mammal would quickly rise up and begin tool use again and eventually use of fire, and then on to advanced technology. Not in a decades, or centuries kind of thing, maybe millions of years, but it would happen.

yea all them animals come from planet earth..

Edited by MR.Blueprint, 11 July 2012 - 04:51 PM.

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#18    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

@MR.Blueprint...

Do you feel that we on earth are the only intelligent life in this mind-blowing vast universe?
I am not offering proof, rather interested in your opinion.

#19    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,069 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 11 July 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

yea all them animals come from planet earth..
I thought you said "Only humans"?

You just admitted that other planets might have plants and animals, but now you are including Earth Animals with Humans as being unique in the universe?

Many animals have human like skills/reactions/intellegence. Dolphins and elephants can recognize their own reflection and they both can make art, and both communicate with a complex language. You need to face the fact that humans are special, but that animals cover much of the same areas. Humans are special only because we use technology so extensively and build stuff.... lots of stuff.

To say that animals could exist somewhere else, even somewhere close by, but that it is impossible for those animals to improve to the point equal to humans, is very limited thinking, and really very ignorant and arrogant.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#20    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,390 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

Hi,
   Just a thought. The astonomical calulations for determining if other planets can harbour life have proven that there are Billions of worlds out there like Earth. (Drake Formula)

The fact that all life on Earth conforms to an exact qty of Base Pairs of DNA suggests that either life seeding (Genetic Engineering) took place here or that all carbon life conforms to a standard Evolutionary law.  

UFO activity world-wide can suggest we are being visited by ET's, and although the edivence is clouded by Disinformation, Disbelief and ridicule the sheer qty of sightings and historical evidence points to ET's being here on Earth.

Given this evidence, it's likely that mankind has either evolved to the point where we are right now, or, mankind has been Genetically engineered to where we are right now.

#21    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 11 July 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I thought you said "Only humans"?

You just admitted that other planets might have plants and animals, but now you are including Earth Animals with Humans as being unique in the universe?

Many animals have human like skills/reactions/intellegence. Dolphins and elephants can recognize their own reflection and they both can make art, and both communicate with a complex language. You need to face the fact that humans are special, but that animals cover much of the same areas. Humans are special only because we use technology so extensively and build stuff.... lots of stuff.

To say that animals could exist somewhere else, even somewhere close by, but that it is impossible for those animals to improve to the point equal to humans, is very limited thinking, and really very ignorant and arrogant.
ABOUT THAT OAK TREE ANALOGY

yea it might be infinite numbers of oak tree but im pretty sure the rings in the bark and branches are unique to that tree meaning if that oak tree had life becuz it was the right size had the right number of branches, and if it had one less branch it couldnt sustain life that mean all dem other oak trees couldnt sustain life because the dnt have the unique characteristics of the first oak tree i.e number of branches and the size of any parameter

OK EVEN IF THE UNIVERSE IS INFINITE WHICH WE DNT KNO OUR EARTH IS OUT OF 9 PLANETS THATS EVEN CLOSE FOR LIFE AND WHATS LIFE? LIFE IS SOMTHING THAT HAPPENED ON EARTH EVEN IF U TRY TO DEFINE LIFE IT GOTTA BE CONSIDERED SOMTHING THAT HAPPENED ON EARTH...

AND I JUS DNT THINK ITS ANOTHER PLANET OUT THERE WITH OUR SAME SIZE SUN SAME SIZE MOON SPINS THE SAME SPEED AS US AND REVOLVES AROUND ITS SUN THE SAME WE DO.......

SCIENTIST USE NUMBERS THAT SAY IF SPACE IS NVR ENDIN THAN ITS HAVE TO BE LIFE OUT THERE BUT IF THE SPACE IS NVR ENDING AND IF IT IS LIFE OUT THERE ....HOLD ON LET ME SAY THIS REAL QUICK SPACE IS TIME...OK SO IF THERE LIFE OUT THEREIN A NVR ENDING UNIVERSE THEY ARE SO FAR AWAY IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN OUR LIFETIME TO FIND THEM SO REALLY THEY DONT EXIST TO US.......ITS 2012 ON EARTH BUT ON ANOTHER EARTH LIKE PLANET ITS PROLLY A BILLION YEARS AWAY FROM US SO REALLY THEY DNT EXIST TO US AND REALLY THAT MEAN ITS NO LIFE OUT THERE.....

WE ARE JUS LUCKY THATS ALL ....WE AINT NUN BUT SOME FANCY BACTERIA AND WHAT BACTERIA WANNA DO? SPREAD...WE CALL IT EXPLORE.. WE JUST LUCKY BACTERIA ON A PLANET THATS AROUND A LONG LATING STAR SURROUNDED BY GAS GIANTS THAT KEEP US FROM BEING DESTROYED PLANETS OUR SIZE LIFE SPAN IS PROLL ON THE SMALL END IN THE UNIVERSE

NOT TO MENTION OUR MOON IS WHY WE HERE TOO

#22    lostpuppy211

lostpuppy211

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Something to think about, 1900 years and we had nothing, no technology of any sort. Ie phone, computers,etc etc In the last 70 or so years it has bloomed significantly. Do you suppose maybe we have discovered an alien space craft and are using the technology from that? Just seems weird that it took so long in life to be where we are and every year we get more and more upgraded technology. Humans are not that freaking smart.. Js

#23    232

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

The only thing unique about us is that we evolved to the conditions on this planet.
Our world only seems "perfect" because of this.

Sure some planets may be better suited for life than others... But it would be foolish to think such a thing could not occur else where in the universe.

#24    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

In the mid 90s as I worked in the auto industry. We had a TV in our lunchroom. One day there was a woman on TV telling her story of how aliens were abducting her and mating with her. I looked around the table at my fellow co-workers and I TOTALLY beleived her.

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,069 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 12 July 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

AND I JUS DNT THINK ITS ANOTHER PLANET OUT THERE WITH OUR SAME SIZE SUN SAME SIZE MOON SPINS THE SAME SPEED AS US AND REVOLVES AROUND ITS SUN THE SAME WE DO.......

That is completely true and logical. Yet to think that only our planetary variables can produce multi-cellular animals, and thus technology and intellegence, is very narrow thinking. Shockingly narrow.

OK SO IF THERE LIFE OUT THEREIN A NVR ENDING UNIVERSE THEY ARE SO FAR AWAY IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN OUR LIFETIME TO FIND THEM SO REALLY THEY DONT EXIST TO US.......ITS 2012 ON EARTH BUT ON ANOTHER EARTH LIKE PLANET ITS PROLLY A BILLION YEARS AWAY FROM US SO REALLY THEY DNT EXIST TO US AND REALLY THAT MEAN ITS NO LIFE OUT THERE.....
What you say here is also true to an extent, but again this is a modifier on your original statements of "Only on Earth" and "Only Humans". I see your arguement evolving and rightfully so.

Not knowing what future technologies might be invented, I'm reluctant to say that even thousands of light years are a limit to exploration of humans. I'm hesitant to say that even our Galaxy is a limit to the expansion of humans. So, I think that even if you consider other galaxies out of range, that it I cannot. Humans have the potential to travel to just about everywhere, given time. The only limitation is speed of the expansion of the universe. Which might prevent us from ever reaching the furthest points, even if we had superior FTL capabilities.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#26    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Postlostpuppy211, on 12 July 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Something to think about, 1900 years and we had nothing, no technology of any sort. Ie phone, computers,etc etc In the last 70 or so years it has bloomed significantly. Do you suppose maybe we have discovered an alien space craft and are using the technology from that? Just seems weird that it took so long in life to be where we are and every year we get more and more upgraded technology. Humans are not that freaking smart.. Js

no....i cant believe u say we had no technology...u must dont no the definition of technology.....new technology will always seem so extraordinary to the present ppl who are using it.......when boats first came out i bet hey ppl were amazed...

and computers been here more than 70 years my friend...most of our new technology are merely upgrades...telephones came from walkie talkies ..... why would alien technology be anything like ours or useful to us why would an alien need a cell phone when they prolly dnt have a mouth that was created on planet earth.....everything bout us i mean everything was created on this earth and is unique to this earth......

#27    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 13 July 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

[/background][/size][/font][/color]
That is completely true and logical. Yet to think that only our planetary variables can produce multi-cellular animals, and thus technology and intellegence, is very narrow thinking. Shockingly narrow.

What you say here is also true to an extent, but again this is a modifier on your original statements of "Only on Earth" and "Only Humans". I see your arguement evolving and rightfully so.

Not knowing what future technologies might be invented, I'm reluctant to say that even thousands of light years are a limit to exploration of humans. I'm hesitant to say that even our Galaxy is a limit to the expansion of humans. So, I think that even if you consider other galaxies out of range, that it I cannot. Humans have the potential to travel to just about everywhere, given time. The only limitation is speed of the expansion of the universe. Which might prevent us from ever reaching the furthest points, even if we had superior FTL capabilities.

i dnt think narrow...im just using my observation i learned about planets and our solar system ......do u know any planet that has a sun like our would be uninhabitable because of our sun powerful sun flares also scientist even believe our whole solar system its self is in a pefect spot in the universe to sustain life.....they belive its huge gamma rays at the center of our universe and we are jus enough space from the gamma ray that it dnt harm us.......

i dnt think we will ever find more life out there so you can say its nun  out there even if it is

also i doubt highly that its any other species out there like us i think we got the best brains in the universe i definatly think we got the only brains in the universe becuase brains were evolved on earth ....so let jus throw that in the equation ...there are no more brains out there in the universe...now without a brain how would u space travel?

even if there is a planet out there with one of our earth like conditions...only one of our conditions wouldnt be enough to recreate what happened here....

so if there are "aliens" jus know they wouldnt have no brain, no eyes, no legs, no lungs no arms all these features was created on earth due to all of earth's conditions

in conclusion if there is aliens out there it would only be some bland entity that dnt move it jus live of a type of a gas and a type of energy...like an unearth like plant...hopefully if we do find that we can smoke it and it make us see aliens haha

and at the end of the day i dont know this is jus my opinion i too believe aliens were out there untill recently when i re started studyin documenary on our solar systems and planets

Edited by MR.Blueprint, 13 July 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#28    St. Jimmy

St. Jimmy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

I don't think that the Earth is only planet with life on it. Well, it is the only planet with life in the Solar System, but I personally believe there are similar systems around the Universe. And maybe with some earth-like planets.

#29    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,069 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 13 July 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

i dnt think narrow...im just using my observation i learned about planets and our solar system ......do u know any planet that has a sun like our would be uninhabitable because of our sun powerful sun flares
So what then is keeping Earth alive? If any other sun like ours was deadly, we should be dead too. Everything that I've heard says that a G2 class star is considered one of the safer main sequence stars, and account for 5 to 10 percent of the galaxy's stars.

A thick atmosphere is more then enough to protect even a planet with no magnetic field. (At least for a while.) And a magnetic field makes the planet even much, much more protected. The magnetic field could even come from orbiting a gas giant like Jupiter, if it was in the Goldilocks Zone.

If you have some kind of reference saying how dangerous G class stars are, I'd like to see it.

also scientist even believe our whole solar system its self is in a pefect spot in the universe to sustain life.....they belive its huge gamma rays at the center of our universe and we are jus enough space from the gamma ray that it dnt harm us.......
I've heard that before, but I've never seen any proof of the theory, only speculation, based on a (very) possible super-massive black hole at the center of the galaxy.

This says that gamma rays have been detected, but they are aimed Outside the galactic disc.
http://www.scienceda...20529133752.htm

even if there is a planet out there with one of our earth like conditions...only one of our conditions wouldnt be enough to recreate what happened here....
That is still completely unknown. Various lab tests have shown that the creation of life naturally may be easy, or it might be hard. It is still not known. So your opinion is just opinion.

#30    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 08 July 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

If there is no hard proof of the roswell ufo crash I believe aliens have never traveled to earth....because earth made us and our brains so everything about us and the way we think are unique to this planet meaning if there are aliens out there they would think nothing like us and space travel and discovery wouldn't even exist with them...also drinkin water and breathing oxygen is too unique to this planet so any other life form wouldn't last long on earth jus like we wouldn't last long on any other planet......we might be the only thing living in the whole universe especially when u consider the definition of living which would be living to our standards ......

Ancient aliens believer are so confused on how we started civilization but its simple its called instinct...we have instinct jus like every other animals and all animals have civilizations so did the aliens give the other animal their civilizations too? Like ants, bees, apes all have good civilizations

Um... this issue goes far beyond Roswell.

A civilization capable of traversing interstellar space would be more than capable of devising means of surviving in an alien environment. Hell, we're not exactly suited for Antarctica or Mt. Everest, but we're managed to get there all the same.

And extraterrestrial intelligences might well think differently from us... or they might not... we just don't know.

Anyway...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users