Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The real halloween decoration

CatcherInTheRye1280

[/indent]This story is about a women who hung herself because she was depressed about her husband dying and her son joining the military. One day she went across the street made a noose hung it in a tree and hung herself. Her dead rotting carcass was sitting there for weeks apon weeks, people thinking it's just a halloween decoration did nothing about it. Finely some one went to go take it down, when they where doing that the arms and legs fell off and the person who tried taking it down ran home and called the cops. People say the still see the womens ghost walking to the tree and hanging herself and then screaming.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fawkes2

• Lord Umbarger

• candy gurl

• CatcherInTheRye1280

Top Posters In This Topic

it is almost similar to an actual event posted in the world bizarre forum located here , except they realized the body was an actual person after some hours and not weeks.

oh and cathcherintherye1280 welcome to UM !

Edited by fawkes2

welcome and that must be wicked scary for the person that took it down i would hate to be her.

HHmmm? I wonder why they didn't smell the rot before they got close enough to cut it down?

I'd be more inclined to believe the other version mentioned above, that it was only after a few hours that they realized it was a body.

Also, something that's new to the story is the part about the womans son joining the military. That adds a kind of anti-war sentiment to the tale.

BTW, welcome to Unexplained Mysteries. Hope to see you around a lot.