Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2000 Avrage. Per Day Missing in USA?

I AAAM

Hi all I am posting this thread to see if we can get some idea if the information given on this following link is correct or not. I sincerely hope it is not, but in these days of coverups and deceptions who really knows? If this is for real, it would have to rate with one of the greatest scandals on Earth. What is happening?

Missing Persons Link...:(

Edited by I AAAM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I AAAM

• OldTimeRadio

• Ey3 0f th3 B3}{0lder

• coldethyl

Every 37 seconds in America, a child disappears. That is an average of 2,000 children per day.

Yeah I have heard about this somewhere. I belive it is true factual information.

Every 37 seconds in America, a child disappears. That is an average of 2,000 children per day.

Yeah I have heard about this somewhere. I belive it is true factual information.

This to me is mind boggling! It far outweighs road toll deaths etc. Has anyone outside of the government authorities actually investigated this that we know of??? :blink:

Did you know that also 12% of newborns are given to the wrong parents because of a mistake at the hospital. (that percent is outdated probably higher today)

Perhaps 2,000 are the number of missing persons reports filed, how many of those children.....reappear.

I find it hard to believe that 730,000 children disappear a year.

I would say about three-fourths of them are found and one-fourth of those are dead. Just my guess.

Perhaps 2,000 are the number of missing persons reports filed, how many of those children.....reappear.

I find it hard to believe that 730,000 children disappear a year.

I find it hard to believe also hectal, did you check the web site link?

I would say about three-fourths of them are found and one-fourth of those are dead. Just my guess.

Well even 500 kids per day would be a high number not to account for.

I don't find this at all hard to belive. There are so many child abductions in the news. Just think about all the ones you don't hear about. (other states or just not on the news or in the paper). Add these all up and you get a giant number.

I don't find this at all hard to belive. There are so many child abductions in the news. Just think about all the ones you don't hear about. (other states or just not on the news or in the paper). Add these all up and you get a giant number.

So you feel that this should be taken for granted then? What about the anguish on a daily basis, that the famlies of these missing children would suffer for a long, long time, and the missing victims, what circumstances could allow for such a high daily number???

Alot of the parents of the abducted children probably dont care much about them. That is why they would allow them to stay out late in places where they are more vulerable to abduction. And I never said this should be taken forgranted. It just isn't a new thing. This has been going on for a long time. I think they should have done something about this years ago. The government has tried to help with the "amber alerts" but that really hasn't done much. So what they try to do is cover up the numbers so that familes can feel safe.

Alot of the parents of the abducted children probably dont care much about them. That is why they would allow them to stay out late in places where they are more vulerable to abduction. And I never said this should be taken forgranted. It just isn't a new thing. This has been going on for a long time. I think they should have done something about this years ago. The government has tried to help with the "amber alerts" but that really hasn't done much. So what they try to do is cover up the numbers so that familes can feel safe.

Sorry if I seemed course, it was not intended to be any sort of smart comment toward's you. I do however feel that we are in an age when infants up to a certain age could be perhaps 'micro chipped' till they reach a certain age where they can then have the inplant removed. This could solve the problem of knowing where these lost children end up, and would enable us to have a far greater insight as to what is actually happening in this world.

After all, most people have their pet's micro chipped, so what would be so bad about being able to find out where a lost child is? :blink:

Edited by I AAAM

It's bad because according to the american government We as humans have a right to our privacy. And yes this may sound silly but that even applies for infants. So if people had the right to get their infants micro chipped then they would also have the right to have their other children microchipped. And another reason is it would bring up a lot of court issues concerning saftey and the effects the chip could have. All of these are factors that the government just doesnt want to deal with.

And it's ok that you were a bit course. If I were you I probably would have acted the same way. In my posts it didn't sound as if I even the least bit concered about all the missing children.

It's bad because according to the american government We as humans have a right to our privacy. And yes this may sound silly but that even applies for infants. So if people had the right to get their infants micro chipped then they would also have the right to have their other children microchipped. And another reason is it would bring up a lot of court issues concerning saftey and the effects the chip could have. All of these are factors that the government just doesnt want to deal with.

And it's ok that you were a bit course. If I were you I probably would have acted the same way. In my posts it didn't sound as if I even the least bit concered about all the missing children.

Thank's for your reply. To me this seems to be a real cop out on the governments behalf. If they were truly serious about solving this problem, I believe that they could offer parents and the population a vote on the issue, and this vote also taking into account a no claim clause for chip side effects. I dont think that micro chips are of any real threat to anyone. As to an infant's privacy are adults not responsible for their young till they reach a certain age anymore? I believe there is a great deal to be discovered on this worrying phenomena, and surely there must be some positive way to resolve it once and for all, after all we are in the computer and science age are we not?

An FBI report said studies showed over 1 million children a year run away from home (and that's just for child abuse). I guess thats why the number is so high.

Edited by Super Pancake

An FBI report said studies showed over 1 million children a year run away from home (and that's just for child abuse). I guess thats why the number is so high.

Thank you for this answer 'Super Pancake'. Would FBI claims be 100% credible? I find it hard to swallow that so many children each day totally disappear never to be seen again.

To me, guesses are not sufficient to satisfy my question on the matter, especialy when very young children are involved, how would say a three year old have the ability to escape from child abuse? Thank's for your input anyway! :tu:

I must add that the numbers apply only to people under 18. And most of these kids become child prostitutes or get caught up in sex trafficking ranging from age 9-14 i think.

Yeah and I don't think a 3 year old would run away from home, but the report did not suggest that these run aways or throw aways were younger then age 9.

and note that this report was just addressing the growth in child prostitution, child abuse and the number of children potentially exposed to child abuse. So it has nothing to do with missing persons. I just thought that maybe the statistic for runaways might have overlapped with the high reports of missing children.

Edited by Super Pancake

I AAAM, it was also never clarified in that statement that those children were never to be seen again. many kids run away, though quite a few of those will return home within a 24-48 hour time period.

ugg, missing children is such a sad thing :( I think that alot of children are missing because of parental abduction also. Either way its to sad for me ...

I remember being a child and staying gone all day, only to check in for lunch and dinner. But nowadays it isn't the same.

*hugs her daughter tight :wub:

As my mother says: "The world is becoming a meaner place". I don't know that I'd let my kids go running wild like I did when I was a kid.

Why U.S. needs AMBER alert system

By Dianne Feinstein Feinstein a U.S. senator from California is co-sponsoring with Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison

the National AMBER Alert bill introduced in the Senate.

March 14, 2003

The entire country received a needed dose of good news Wednesday, when 15-year-old Elizabeth Smart was found alive and well, after she was taken from home nine months ago. Elizabeth's return to her family was nothing short of a miracle, as we all feared the worst for so long.

The morning after her safe return, Elizabeth's father, Ed Smart, immediately took to the airwaves to urge the House Judiciary Committee to bring a bill creating a national AMBER Alert system to the House floor "today, not tomorrow, not a year from now after conferences and going back and forth."

As the sponsors for the National AMBER Alert bill introduced in the Senate, first in September 2002 and then in January 2003 - where it passed by an unanimous vote on both occasions - we strongly share Ed Smart's sense of urgency. The bill was killed in the last Congress, and is being held up now in this Congress.

All Americans should contact members of the House Judiciary Committee to move the AMBER Alert bill quickly to the floor for a vote. Simply put, this legislation will help save kids' lives. More than any single law enforcement tool, the AMBER Alert system can result in an abducted child being brought home safely.

To date, AMBER Alert systems have been implemented in 39 states and 49 local and regional jurisdictions - up from 16 states and 32 local and regional jurisdictions just last August. AMBER Alerts have resulted in the safe return of 49 abducted children across the country.

These are 49 families who didn't have to suffer the pain of losing a loved one, 49 families who didn't have to live through the trauma of burying a child. The family of Amber Hagerman, who in 1996 was abducted while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and found murdered four days later, was not so fortunate. Yet instead of giving in to despair, Amber's mother Donna began working with local police and media to establish the nations's first system to alert the public when a child is abducted.

When a child is taken, time is of the essence. Indeed, if the child is not found within the first few hours, chances increase dramatically that he or she will disappear forever. And here lies the power of the AMBER Alert system - an alert can be issued within minutes of an abduction, disseminating key information of the crime to the community at large and even across State lines.

Since California first adopted AMBER alerts just nine months ago, 23 such alerts have been issued and twenty-seven children involved in these cases have been rescued or found safe. You can't argue with results like that.

In words directed to the House Judiciary Committee, Ed Smart made his plea on national television. "Stand up and be counted for and do the right thing."

The Smart family has been deeply blessed by Elizabeth's return, underscoring the power of television to help bring kids home to their families. The same cannot be said for the family of Amber Hagerman and many others, but in memory of Amber and the other victims and for every American family who might be spared the loss of their children, we urge the House of Representatives to pass the National AMBER Alert Act and send it to the White House as soon as possible.

:blink:

Most abductions are by family members(mother, father, grand parents, etc.). I read somwhere along time ago that 90% are that. So those are included in the missing numbers as well as run aways. That could explain some of the numbers.

Most abductions are by family members(mother, father, grand parents, etc.). I read somwhere along time ago that 90% are that. So those are included in the missing numbers as well as run aways. That could explain some of the numbers.

Can one always trust what one reads in the news? :blink:

It doesn't hurt to keep these numbers in perspective. This is a nation of nearly 300,000,000 (that's three hundred million) people. Not meaning to belittle the tragedy of missing/kidnapped/runaway children, but ...