Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Norovirus: Why washing your hands isn't enoug

docyabut2

It gets in your food, in your laundry, it sticks to plates and it might even float into the air when you flush your toilet. A new strain of norovirus -- often called stomach flu -- is going around and it’s going to be very hard to avoid it, experts say.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/28/16739631-norovirus-why-washing-your-hands-isnt-enough?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=7

:(

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BiffSplitkins

• RavenEyes19

• Timothy

• docyabut2

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading about this today.

British researchers have created Vomiting Larry to help.

vomiting-larry_2-620x337.jpg

Created by British researcher Catherine Makison-Booth to determine how the norovirus spreads via emesis — a.k.a. projectile vomiting — Larry’s unique skill set allows Makison-Booth to study spray patterns and determine the best way to effectively clean up afterwards in order to stop the spread of the virus. She expects this to be especially useful in battling outbreaks in close quarters where the disease spreads rapidly, such as cruise ships, oil rigs and nursing homes.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time...JN6BKZ2n

I was just reading about this today.

British researchers have created Vomiting Larry to help.

vomiting-larry_2-620x337.jpg

Lol I think there was a whole thread devoted to Larry. He would charm the pants off most ladies!

As for the flu, I haven't been to the doctors for any sickness since 2006 sooooo I ain't scared.

I hadn't had norovirus or stomach flu in about 8 years until last friday. I'm really good about washing my hands, but I got it anyways and it was really nasty. I don't think I've ever been so sick. I was vomiting every 20-30 minutues for 12 hours. About 8 hours in, I got awful diarrhea. I couldn't even keep water down and was so dehydrated by the end of it..I felt like I had been walking in a desert all day.

The next day, I was still experiencing nausea, horrible body aches and was so exhausted I slept for 16 hours straight. I barely ate for 4 days. Two days after I first showed symptoms, my mother got it and two days after she got it my sister got it despite the fact that we were constantly desanitizing everything with clorox wipes.

I don't think there's much you can do to avoid it. If one family member gets it, everyone gets it.

Edited by RavenEyes19