Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mystery over dozens of dead sea creatures

peruvian coastline sea lions dolphins birds sharks

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,048 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Nearly 100 dead sea creatures and birds have washed up on a Peruvian coastline and experts are trying to work out the mystery surrounding their deaths.

Sky News reports that 18 sea turtles, 22 sea lions, 16 angular roughsharks, eight dolphins and 22 marine birds were found during an inspection by government officials.

http://travel.aol.co...washed-up-peru/

Posted Image

#2    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Docking station

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'm sure humans were innocent, especially big corporations.

I'll be gone.

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

:'(

Miss me?

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,001 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

These events break my heart and the lack of follow up and satisfactory explanation is starting to grate on my nerves.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

News reports like this always sadden me, Possible causes, include viruses, poisoned food sources or offshore oil exploration.

Why do we do this, I may be jumping the gun here but you can bet humans are behnd this. we continually abuse our position here on earth, we are supposed to share this planet not take over it. "where is the, makes me feel sick smiley"

There is an old piece of  Native American wisdom: "Only After the last tree has been cut down, Only after the last river has been poisoned, Only after the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

Posted Image

#6    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

wait for it........

We need a plague.

Edited by Sakari, 24 February 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#7    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostSakari, on 24 February 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

wait for it........

We need a plague.

We do indeed my friend, a human culling plague... But how and who do we choose who it effects?

Posted Image

#8    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

View Postxsas, on 24 February 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

We do indeed my friend, a human culling plague... But how and who do we choose who it effects?

We do not choose, let it happen, and let God / fate / luck sort them / us out.

Edited by Sakari, 25 February 2013 - 02:09 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostSakari, on 24 February 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

wait for it........

We need a plague.
Because 100 dead animals aren't enough.

#10    Twinkle Arora is back

Twinkle Arora is back

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts

• Mythical Awareness

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

View Postxsas, on 24 February 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

News reports like this always sadden me, Possible causes, include viruses, poisoned food sources or offshore oil exploration.

Why do we do this, I may be jumping the gun here but you can bet humans are behnd this. we continually abuse our position here on earth, we are supposed to share this planet not take over it. "where is the, makes me feel sick smiley"

There is an old piece of  Native American wisdom: "Only After the last tree has been cut down, Only after the last river has been poisoned, Only after the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

You took the words right out of my mouth,
I totally agree with you,
There are high chances that we humans are behind these things but most probably researchers may try to cover up if they get pressured by the big corporations.

Edited by Twinkle Arora is back, 25 February 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#11    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

The coast of Peru is part of the Ring of Fire, a volcanic area that surrounds the Pacific Ocean. There have been rare instances around volcanic lakes where vast amounts of carbon dioxide (which is heavier than air) have been released from volcanic activity deep under the lakes. The invisible, odorless, heavy gas spreads out from the lake surface and across the land suffocating everything in its path. While I am unaware of such a thing happening over the sea, most of the creatures listed are air breathers and on a calm day with little wind the scenario could play out over the ocean. The sea-lions, dolphins and turtles would be unable to breathe upon surfacing, and birds with their high metabolism would be quickly overcome if near the surface. The sharks too might be overcome if the water is saturated with CO2.

Of course there is always the possibility of pollution, toxic waste, even dead animals released as by-catch from fishing fleets. Necropsy may give the answer.

#12    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,711 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostSakari, on 25 February 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

We do not choose, let it happen, and let God / fate / luck sort them / us out.

All the idiots will all go blame God again and we'll see endless posts about it, regardless of scientific evidence being widely available.

Edited by WoIverine, 25 February 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#13    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

that is really sad news...

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#14    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,154 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostSundew, on 25 February 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

The coast of Peru is part of the Ring of Fire, a volcanic area that surrounds the Pacific Ocean. There have been rare instances around volcanic lakes where vast amounts of carbon dioxide (which is heavier than air) have been released from volcanic activity deep under the lakes. The invisible, odorless, heavy gas spreads out from the lake surface and across the land suffocating everything in its path. While I am unaware of such a thing happening over the sea, most of the creatures listed are air breathers and on a calm day with little wind the scenario could play out over the ocean. The sea-lions, dolphins and turtles would be unable to breathe upon surfacing, and birds with their high metabolism would be quickly overcome if near the surface. The sharks too might be overcome if the water is saturated with CO2.

Of course there is always the possibility of pollution, toxic waste, even dead animals released as by-catch from fishing fleets. Necropsy may give the answer.

Stop being logical and making educated guesses, you are interrupting the perpetually angry human species haters.    They pray for a plague to kill half the human race but won't take the first step and take themselves out.   Hypocrites. :yes:

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#15    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

last year there was 1000's washed up on Peruvian coastlines....and we never did hear what caused it...just speculation...

Edited by harleyblueswoman, 25 February 2013 - 04:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users