Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Did Jesus only come for the Jews ?

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#406    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,863 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:05 AM

Supra Sheri on Jul 8 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

son I have no desire to ridicule you  only to understand the  your   posit...

i thought i have read that you have a math degree, so few like the subject or are savvy in it....

I felt, finally it  is  a common ground betwen us  and you coudl shed some light on the 2-2=4 is a basis for a belief in god. in a subject we both know about..........

My sincerest apologys son i will start a thread  as we have far too long derailed this thread......

again thankyou for your  input it is much appreciated ....

Sheri, please read carefully.  I am NOT saying that 2+2=4 is a basis for a belief in God.

Here is what I am saying:

I have a personal relationship with God.  That personal experience gives me a certainty about God's existence that is as basic to me as the certainty all of us have that when you take two items and add two more items you end up with four items.  I am not saying that I know God is real because 2+2=4.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#407    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,765 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

^Don't worry, IamsSon, I understand what you mean.  To you, your belief in God is not a "belief".  It is a reality.   There's no semblance of "belief" which implies not knowing.  It is real and tangible, just like 2+2=4 is real to you.  You're not saying 2+2=4 and so therefore God exists - that'd be silly.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 09 July 2008 - 01:21 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#408    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,863 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

Paranoid Android on Jul 9 2008, 03:32 AM, said:

^Don't worry, IamsSon, I understand what you mean.  Your belief in God is not a "belief".  It is a reality.   There's no semblance of "belief" which implies not knowing.  It is real and tangible, just like 2+2=4 is real to you.  You're not saying 2+2=4 and so therefore God exists - that'd be silly.

Thank you, sir, that is exactly what I mean.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#409    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,940 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

IamsSon on Jul 9 2008, 05:31 AM, said:

Thank you, sir, that is exactly what I mean.

Pa quotes:
I understand what you mean. Your belief in God is not a "belief". It is a reality. There's no semblance of "belief" which implies not knowing."

except you haven't established that there  is a god to begin with that is what I am asking how do you have this personal relationship with  god in order to make a foregone conclusion using 2+2=4..inotherwords 2+2+4 therfore i know god nto bleeif but know......  

i see this is an attempt to  support your claim , but you both agree pa says its silly to think 2+2 equates god and son you say this isn't  what you are saying, .....okay fair enough letme ask this

how does this become  a foregone conclusion of god in essence that is what certainty means correct?????

Lady R.. forgive my derailing of your thread i am gonna start one on this...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...p;#entry2385070

Edited by Supra Sheri, 09 July 2008 - 03:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users