Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who is allowed in.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,137 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

Quick question.
Who is allowed into the kingdom of Heaven after death.
Is it only people that are devoutly religious, who go to church & prey every day.
Do people who prey to God say once every week but never attend church go to Heaven?
Are people who never go to church, but tell them selves that they believe in a higher power get let in?
What about people that neither believe or disbelieve, people who have never decided, but maintain an open mind?

What do you think would be the criteria ?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#2    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 21 2008, 05:13 AM, said:

Quick question.
Is it only people that are devoutly religious, who go to church & prey every day.
Do people who prey to God say once every week but never attend church go to Heaven?
Are people who never go to church, but tell them selves that they believe in a higher power get let in?
What about people that neither believe or disbelieve, people who have never decided, but maintain an open mind?

Quick answer (from bible Scriptures): those who have God's spirit within them, before they die.

That said -- that question rally needs a long answer. original.gif

#3    norwood1026

norwood1026

Government Agent

• 4,295 posts

• I've found a more personal, pagan kind of religion to satisfy the spiritual side of things.
    Julian Clary

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

From what I know the bible is pretty clear you believe in the bible & the idea that Jesus dided for you & your sins or you go to hell, sounds simple if you ask me.

What is sweeter then mead? Intimate  conversation
WHat is blacker then the Raven?     Death
What is whiter then snow?  Truth.
What is swifter then the wind?   Thought.
What is sharper then the sword?  Understanding.

#4    WalkingWithFire

WalkingWithFire

Government Agent

• 3,507 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 20 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

Quick question.

In Christianity we believe it is those who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

#5    randomhit10

randomhit10

Poltergeist

• 2,379 posts

• the confusion you see is reality at work...i am comfortably numb......

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 20 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

Quick question.

accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior...get baptised as an outward sign of your belief....your heart must be in it...daily devotion is best and it does not have to formal...praying once a week or 50 times a day does not matter if you heart is not in it...one thing i will point out, if your heart is really in your belief in Jesus you will find yourself wanting to do these things...what some consider a duty or effort will become a desire in you....

being devoutly religious will not do it...the Pharisees and Saducees were devoutly religious but they denied Jesus...i am sure some will be surprised on judgement day.

works alone will not get you in...just like going to church itself will not get you in...many people do these things, go through the motions but don't really believe...this will get you nowhere because Jesus knows your heart....

this is a decision that you have to make...if you make no decision and die then you are considered a "no".....

randomhit10

#6    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,137 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:04 AM

WalkingWithFire on Mar 20 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

In Christianity we believe it is those who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

So by that definition if you believe in the above & your lifelong partner or wife & children did not share your beliefs & say you were all killed in a car smash, then presumably you would accend to heaven, & your loved ones would decend to hell spending an eternity in physical agony.
Would you still be in a state of bliss in heaven knowing this?
Would you still want to belong to that exclusive club?

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 21 March 2008 - 11:18 AM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#7    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 21 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

So by that definition if you believe in the above & your lifelong partner or wife & children did not share your beliefs & say you were all killed in a car smash, then presumably you would accend to heaven, & your loved ones would decend to hell spending an eternity in physical agony.

Well, what you write may well be what is believed by some "Christian believers". My take is quite different, and I don't expect too many people to believe what I believe. So -- taking a deep breath -- here are my thoughts on your scenario:
* The whole family killed in the car smash remain dead till Jesus returns.
* At Christ's return, the believer is resurrected as an immortal spirit being (thus becoming born-again child of God the Father), and meets Jesus "in the clouds".  They all descend upon the Mount of Olives at Jerusalem.
* The resurrected, born-again children of God (now spirit beings) will "rule" the nations of the Earth for 1000 years.
* The rest of the dead remain dead (without any consciousness) during this 1000 years.
* After the 1000 year period, all other humans who ever lived are resurrected back to life, as mortal humans. They will be given total knowledge of the past history, and full memory of the role they lived out in their earlier life.
* From that point on, all these resurrected humans will have to make a choice: either to live according to God's way of life, or to choose otherwise. This is what I believe is the "time of judgment" -- their one and only time to choose "salvation" (eternal life as spirit beings); or to knowingly choose the second death.
* After an indeterminate period of time, those who have accepted God's way are also resurrected as spirit beings (children of God). The rest of mandkind remain as mortals. This planet then will be set on fire, and will burn till all is burned; and when all oxygen is consumed, the fire ends. This is the second death in the lake of fire for those who are left behind.
* Then "the new earth" -- this same planet renewed by God, etc., etc.

OK -- who wants to flesh out the script and submit it to Spielberg?  cool.gif  

#8    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,491 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 20 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Quick question.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved"

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#9    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,491 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 21 2008, 07:04 AM, said:

1 Corinthians 7

12To the rest I say this If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Edited by preacherman76, 21 March 2008 - 12:52 PM.

#10    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,540 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

It depends on your path. If your a Christian you have to be a Christian, if your a Muslim you have to be a Muslim, if your a Buddhist I don't think they have a heaven as Abrahamic religions think of one,  if your a Pagan most have you come back until you get it right or enter one realm for another. I think you move from plain to plain until find the one that is right for you.  I don't worry about it much I figure what happens happens and no point in worrying about it. Live the life you have now to the fullest.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#11    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 21 2008, 07:04 AM, said:

Isn't anyone gonna answer this one?

I once asked my ex if her parents were gonna be there....she said "of course" and I said: Then it aint really heaven......

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#12    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 20 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

Quick question.

The answer to this one from a Christian point of view the only ones that go to heaven have to believe in Christ.  This however does not mean all that believe in Christ will go to heaven.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#13    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,491 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

The Mule on Mar 21 2008, 09:28 AM, said:

Isn't anyone gonna answer this one?

I once asked my ex if her parents were gonna be there....she said "of course" and I said: Then it aint really heaven......

I did answer it. 3 posts up.

#14    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

itsnotoutthere on Mar 21 2008, 06:04 AM, said:

The short answer is yes.

The long answer from a Mormon point of view is.  If you are married for life then the bonds end when one or both die.

If you are married for all eternity then the bond lasts into the next life and if one spouse goes to heaven both go.

Further if you are bonded to your children for eternity and if only one goes to heaven everyone goes.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#15    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

So Charles Manson goes to heaven if one of his parents do...

gotcha.....

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users