Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Never-ending "progress" bar.

Eldorado

There are times on UM when I need to refresh a page to post a comment or even a status update, or else sit forever looking at a little "progress" bar going back and forward. It does this with or without add-ons enabled, with a cleared internet cache, with a clean system and no matter what browser I use. I used to experience this only between 8-8:30am GMT but lately it has been occurring more & more often and at any time of the day.

Is it just my bad luck?

p.s. all other sites are fine.

I get this too, always between 8.00 - 9.00am GMT; I think I only get it at work but I'm not 100% on that...

This basically means the server is busy at that specific moment, between 8-9am GMT the server is performing maintenance/backups etc.

This basically means the server is busy at that specific moment, between 8-9am GMT the server is performing maintenance/backups etc.

So it's just my bad luck that it can occur at any time of the day or night?

I'm not sure what you mean, are you saying you are seeing this happen constantly at all times ?

I'm not sure what you mean, are you saying you are seeing this happen constantly at all times ?

No. Not constantly. But more than a few times a day, with times not consistent. Random lag, but only on UM.

There are times on UM when I need to refresh a page to post a comment or even a status update, or else sit forever looking at a little "progress" bar going back and forward. It does this with or without add-ons enabled, with a cleared internet cache, with a clean system and no matter what browser I use. I used to experience this only between 8-8:30am GMT but lately it has been occurring more & more often and at any time of the day.

Is it just my bad luck?

p.s. all other sites are fine.

I've noticed the same problem exactly. " Backup" for me is 2-2:30 am local time. This is at random times throughout the day also.

What specific thing(s) are you doing on the forums when you are experiencing this problem ? How long does the delay last ?

What specific thing(s) are you doing on the forums when you are experiencing this problem ? How long does the delay last ?

There are times on UM when I need to refresh a page to post a comment or even a status update, or else sit forever looking at a little "progress" bar going back and forward. The longest I've waited is five minutes before hitting refresh.. at which it's either a normal post, no post at all or a double post.

Not constantly. But more than a few times a day, with times not consistent. Random lag, but only on UM.

The only time you should be seeing a delay like that is during the maintenance cycle.

I'll keep an eye out for any problems with the server but at the moment i don't have an explanation as it shouldn't be doing that.

• Like 1