Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* - - - - 1 votes

October Surprise Coming


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,383 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Looks like the October surprise the dems have been counting on may finally be arriving.  Only problem is the surprise may be on them.
http://washingtonexa...5/#.UG4vEobwOSr

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#2    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,612 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Yep, I guess it is on them:

NPR News said:


Unemployment Rate Drops To 7.8 Percent; 114,000 Jobs Added To Payrolls


The nation's unemployment rate fell below to 7.8 percent in September from 8.1 percent in August even though just 114,000 jobs were added to private and public payrolls, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports.

We'll have more from the report, as well as reactions to it, shortly. As we said Thursday, this news is sure to be a hot topic on the campaign trail.


A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,383 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 October 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Yep, I guess it is on them:

I saw this coming when the "experts" predicted a slightly worse number of 8.2 last night.  Usually they see an impprovement and then downgrade the following Thursday.  LOL  Limbaugh has been predicting the last two jobs reports will be below 8% for 6 months now so I guess he was right again.  :yes:

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#4    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,612 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

I saw this coming when the "experts" predicted a slightly worse number of 8.2 last night.  Usually they see an impprovement and then downgrade the following Thursday.  LOL  Limbaugh has been predicting the last two jobs reports will be below 8% for 6 months now so I guess he was right again.  :yes:

It will stay below 8% because only those who are still actively seeking a job will be counted. You need to be no genius to predict that, you just have to follow back when a big number of people filed for benefits.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,383 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 October 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

It will stay below 8% because only those who are still actively seeking a job will be counted. You need to be no genius to predict that, you just have to follow back when a big number of people filed for benefits.

Agreed,  but many will see the number and dig no deeper.  10.7% if labor force participation was the same as 2008 and if you count underemployed and those that quit looking we are at 14.7%.   Even sadder the administration said we'd be at 5.6% unemployment by now if we passed the stimulus package.  Matthews and the boys wil blow the trumpets of triumph though.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#6    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,612 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Agreed,  but many will see the number and dig no deeper.  10.7% if labor force participation was the same as 2008 and if you count underemployed and those that quit looking we are at 14.7%.   Even sadder the administration said we'd be at 5.6% unemployment by now if we passed the stimulus package.  Matthews and the boys wil blow the trumpets of triumph though.

It did not matter what anybody passed or did: The situation would not be different unless the government employed 2 million more than what they already employ. Governments don't create jobs and capitalists are making more capital by destroying jobs or sending them abroad.

But it is nice of Romney to now try to get all those jobs he sent to China back...

Edited by questionmark, 05 October 2012 - 02:56 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,383 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 October 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

It did not matter what anybody passed or did: The situation would not be different unless the government employed 2 million more than what they already employ. Governments don't create jobs and capitalists are making more capital by destroying jobs or sending them abroad.

But it is nice of Romney to now try to get all those jobs he sent to China back...

How many jobs did Romney send to China?

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#8    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,612 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

How many jobs did Romney send to China?

http://www.alternet....iled-boca-raton
http://truth-out.org...r-jobs-to-china
http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all
http://www.democracy...e_of_the_romney

and about 100 more.

If you really don't want to know the answer better don't ask the question. And don't come with: But Romney was not... maybe not in the China time, but he still has enough interests in the company to stop this kind of behavior if it suited him. Evidently he did not.

Ah, yes, if you insist we can continue with jobs outsourced by Bain Capital under Romney to Bangladesh, India and Mexico.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#9    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,383 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 October 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

http://www.alternet....iled-boca-raton
http://truth-out.org...r-jobs-to-china
http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all
http://www.democracy...e_of_the_romney

and about 100 more.

If you really don't want to know the answer better don't ask the question. And don't come with: But Romney was not... maybe not in the China time, but he still has enough interests in the company to stop this kind of behavior if it suited him. Evidently he did not.

Ah, yes, if you insist we can continue with jobs outsourced by Bain Capital under Romney to Bangladesh, India and Mexico.

Oh feel free to continue, by all means but you best start including GE, GM and just about every other American company.  Isn't the CEO of GE heading up Obama's jobs council and didn't he (yes he, personally, because he is the CEO unlike Romney who invested in dying companies) send tens of thousands of jobs overseas?  And didn't he do this while heading that jobs council?   How about GM?  About 75% of their workforce is overseas I believe and we, the taxpayers, paid for that.

YOU better not start with your feigned outrage at Romney unless you are willing to ask Obama how in the hell he can appoint Jeffrey Immelt, who has closed dozens of American plants and shipped the jobs overseas WHILE heading up the jobs council, to head of his Jobs Council.  In fact, Obama's jobs council has a whole lot of outsourcers seated on it.  Are you outraged at them too?  I'll even use a liberal website to help you further your studies on outsourcing http://www.huffingto..._n_1666443.html  

Are you outraged at Obama for filling huis Jobs council with outsourcers?  :blush:

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#10    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,612 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Oh feel free to continue, by all means but you best start including GE, GM and just about every other American company.  Isn't the CEO of GE heading up Obama's jobs council and didn't he (yes he, personally, because he is the CEO unlike Romney who invested in dying companies) send tens of thousands of jobs overseas?  And didn't he do this while heading that jobs council?   How about GM?  About 75% of their workforce is overseas I believe and we, the taxpayers, paid for that.

YOU better not start with your feigned outrage at Romney unless you are willing to ask Obama how in the hell he can appoint Jeffrey Immelt, who has closed dozens of American plants and shipped the jobs overseas WHILE heading up the jobs council, to head of his Jobs Council.  In fact, Obama's jobs council has a whole lot of outsourcers seated on it.  Are you outraged at them too?  I'll even use a liberal website to help you further your studies on outsourcing http://www.huffingto..._n_1666443.html  

Are you outraged at Obama for filling huis Jobs council with outsourcers?  :blush:

Hey, you asked the question, not me, I just stated that it is very nice of Mr. Romney to try to get back the jobs he sent to China. Or do you think it is not nice?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#11    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,383 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 October 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Hey, you asked the question, not me, I just stated that it is very nice of Mr. Romney to try to get back the jobs he sent to China. Or do you think it is not nice?

I think it is a cheap shot and cheap shots are never nice.  It is especially cheap when compared to the hypocrisy of Immelt heading up the jobs council, something the left prefers to ignore while seething in outrage over Romney.  I try to never let lefties slip a cheapshot in without responding in kind.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#12    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,612 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I think it is a cheap shot and cheap shots are never nice.  It is especially cheap when compared to the hypocrisy of Immelt heading up the jobs council, something the left prefers to ignore while seething in outrage over Romney.  I try to never let lefties slip a cheapshot in without responding in kind.

Oh? Here I am praising Romney and you still don't like it?

Well, that does not take away facts you would rather hide.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#13    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,491 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Mitt Romney has been caught with a transvestite!!!











Now THAT would be an October Surprise.....  lol


#14    The Mule

The Mule

    Beast of Burden

  • Member
  • 4,004 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo-Niagara Falls

  • Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postsupervike, on 05 October 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

Mitt Romney has been caught with a transvestite!!!











Now THAT would be an October Surprise.....  lol

Not really lol

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!


#15    The Mule

The Mule

    Beast of Burden

  • Member
  • 4,004 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo-Niagara Falls

  • Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Oh feel free to continue, by all means but you best start including GE, GM and just about every other American company.  Isn't the CEO of GE heading up Obama's jobs council and didn't he (yes he, personally, because he is the CEO unlike Romney who invested in dying companies) send tens of thousands of jobs overseas?  And didn't he do this while heading that jobs council?   How about GM?  About 75% of their workforce is overseas I believe and we, the taxpayers, paid for that.

YOU better not start with your feigned outrage at Romney unless you are willing to ask Obama how in the hell he can appoint Jeffrey Immelt, who has closed dozens of American plants and shipped the jobs overseas WHILE heading up the jobs council, to head of his Jobs Council.  In fact, Obama's jobs council has a whole lot of outsourcers seated on it.  Are you outraged at them too?  I'll even use a liberal website to help you further your studies on outsourcing http://www.huffingto..._n_1666443.html  

Are you outraged at Obama for filling huis Jobs council with outsourcers?  :blush:

UAW lost 250,000 members during Bush's years (Including my plant which went to Mexico) , and 84,000 during Obama's years.

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users