Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Help from some photo knowledgeable people.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hi,

These shots were sent to me from a relative as I'm known as the weird one. His mate has surveillance cameras set up around his house and motion sensor lights. I'm still waiting back for more info from him. At first I thought bug but then I thought a bug wouldn't show that 'tail?' and it also wouldn't trigger a camera from that distance but then who knows.

Hopefully someone can give me an explanation so I can pass it on, don't mind the date and time are out too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#2    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,615 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

It looks like a meteor, especially with the debris in the tail but a meteor wouldn't trip a motion sensor.  It could also be lights on a roof. LOL. Hard to tell with such poor quality and without a daylight shot.

Edited by Merc14, 08 April 2013 - 01:35 PM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#3    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

It could be just me, seeing thing's, but to me it does look like there is a person between the fence and the foliage, which would trip the motion sensor
I have outlined where...
There also seem's to be a shadow of the person on the fence, which would backup my theory of there being a person there

Attached File  5c_zpsce0fa87c touchup.jpg   35.74K   33 downloads

Posted Image

#4    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I think a person on their property would be more of a problem then a bug or whatever, after all you don't set up these systems and check them out unless you're worried about uninvited visitors.

It's late here but I'll txt tomorrow and see if there's anymore info.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#5    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Are the photos you uploaded taken of a monitor? Can you upload the original photos? Quality is horrible :(

Posted Image

#6    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Would be good to see the same image during the day which may explain the strange light at the top of the image. Also, anything could have set off the camera, a small animal or even the wind blowing the bush on the right. I don't see anything on the fence apart from the shadow of the bush.

Thanks for sharing

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#7    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 08 April 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

It could be just me, seeing thing's, but to me it does look like there is a person between the fence and the foliage, which would trip the motion sensor
I have outlined where...
There also seem's to be a shadow of the person on the fence, which would backup my theory of there being a person there

Attachment 5c_zpsce0fa87c touchup.jpg

That's what I first thought the psot was about until I read it. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#8    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

It's a still from one of the security cameras they have running 24/7. I don't know them personally, a relative sent it to me.

HEY I WON!

#9    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostTia, on 09 April 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

It's a still from one of the security cameras they have running 24/7. I don't know them personally, a relative sent it to me.
With a better quality image it would be much easier to tell.

To me though, it just looks like a bug flying past. High exposure settings due to the darkness, the blotches of light along the trail could be from the winds beating.

Posted Image

#10    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

It looks like a rose bush stick to me. ?

#11    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

That white streak across the top of the image. It looks like a rain gutter to me...

#12    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,966 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

Have to ask why the tilted one.. can't they actually capture the images properly?  Then we can see the actual data rather than what looks like a cellphone snapshot off a bad screen..

Anyway, at a guess and with my reasons..
1. It seems to be blurred, both from motion (see next item) and from being close to the lens (although the whole image is very blurred)
2. These cameras often use slow shutter speeds at night, so something traveling at a moderate speed (eg moth..) close to the camera will traverse a long *angular* distance in a single (interlaced?) frame.
3. There are fairly regular brighter spots in the 'trail' (if that is what it is) - could be brighter areas of the wings being at an angle to catch the IR light from either a nearby light or the camera's LEDs..

So my guess is an insect.  I am reminded of the scammers Jose Escamilla and Santiago Ytturia (aka Free Spirit) and their attempt to milk money out of the ridiculous 'Rods' fiasco - this looks rather similar...  I can think of other things that might cause the effect - however without better footage... and how's about some frames immediately before and after?  If they are serious about getting this looked at, they need to put a bit more effort in..

Frankly I'd be very surprised if this isn't a frequent occurrence - is this the first time that anyone has seriously examined the night's footage, perhaps?

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#13    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

Insect. They make a pattern like that and have seen it before.

#14    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,209 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

I see nothing other than two jumbled night vision images of two plants.

Is there a day light angle?

#15    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 25 April 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

So my guess is an insect.  I am reminded of the scammers Jose Escamilla and Santiago Ytturia (aka Free Spirit) and their attempt to milk money out of the ridiculous 'Rods' fiasco
I was gonna say it looks a bit like the 'skyfish' photos I've seen before which turned out to be insects being capture on video with relatively long exposure times per frame.

Posted Image

But with only one blurry pic of a single frame that looks like it was snapped of a TV or monitor display, it's hard to say much really.  I'd like to see a daytime pic taken from the same angle and perhaps and frames just before and after the pic in the OP.

Edited by Archimedes, 25 April 2013 - 04:48 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users