Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enfield Poltergeist

jsolesen

* snip *

"The camera was running all the time..."

Does anyone know if there was a video recording of Janet´s levitation..? I have only seen still pictures

Edited by Saru
Removed copyrighted video

I have the documentary somewhere, if I find it I'll let you know if it was shown on it or not. It's been a while since I watched it so can't remember off hand !

When it was talked about in parapsychology lectures we were only shown pictures of the levitation. If there is a video anywhere It'd be an interesting watch :-)

I've followed this case for years and I've never seen any video footage of anything paranormal from this case and it bothers me. The Daily Mirror had a photographer there, surely he'd have had a video running, I know it was a long time ago, but I have family members with home video from the time - it would have been the obvious thing to have done, caught evidence on film.

I seem to have a hazy memory of there being a bit of video of Janet talking as Bill - but I can't find it online, not sure if I've imagined that.

Something else I found interesting, the famous, being pulled out of bed photos appear to have been taken at different times. You can see on the one the brother and sister are in the bed and on the other, just the sister and their mum is sitting on another bed watching. I'm not saying this means it's a lie or has been fabricated, I just always thought it was a one off, unique situation.

post-52129-0-31192300-1350420128_thumb.j

post-52129-0-04511500-1350420142_thumb.j

Other people have commented that these pictures could have been faked by taking a picture as the girls just jumped off the bed.

Edited by little_dreamer
  • Like 1

Yeah, my husband just said that.

There were quite a few credible witnesses though, not to the levitation, but to the other phenomenon that occurred in the house.

I read about this a lot. Never any video of the 'levitation'. Just as the opposing view Deborah said, none of it could be reproduced under controlled situations. And there was an incident where the girls were caught messing with the video camera that was set up in their bedroom. That's probably why it was removed, so the story would hold up.

I've followed this case for years and I've never seen any video footage of anything paranormal from this case and it bothers me. The Daily Mirror had a photographer there, surely he'd have had a video running, I know it was a long time ago, but I have family members with home video from the time - it would have been the obvious thing to have done, caught evidence on film.

I seem to have a hazy memory of there being a bit of video of Janet talking as Bill - but I can't find it online, not sure if I've imagined that.

i think it was only audio of "Bill" but it sure doesn't sound like a little girl.

There is a small piece of footage about 2 minutes into this with Bill speaking through Janet, it's only small though, I'm sure there is more, just a matter of finding it. It is bizarre, because that does sound like an old man.

• Like 1

I can see why they didn't film much of the girls. Looks like every time they were on film, they were suppressing giggles.

Something else I found interesting, the famous, being pulled out of bed photos appear to have been taken at different times. You can see on the one the brother and sister are in the bed and on the other, just the sister and their mum is sitting on another bed watching. I'm not saying this means it's a lie or has been fabricated, I just always thought it was a one off, unique situation.

Those are the pictures I have seen. It looks very much like she is jumping off from the bed. Thats why I was hoping there was a video recording:-)

• Like 1

Channel 4 produced a very interesting documentary about this case; there was no video evidence of the levitation and it didn't cure my cynicism about the whole thing but it is worth a look. It appears to have been taken down from 4OD, but it can be found elsewhere online and is called, Interview With A Poltergeist.

Channel 4 produced a very interesting documentary about this case; there was no video evidence of the levitation and it didn't cure my cynicism about the whole thing but it is worth a look. It appears to have been taken down from 4OD, but it can be found elsewhere online and is called, Interview With A Poltergeist.

Thanks for the info :tu: I found the documentary on youtube.

* snip *

Edited by Saru
Removed copyrighted video

I've seen the documentary and other TV programmes about this case but cannot understand why there is no moving footage of what happened. If I remember correctly they had a paranormal investigator and a newspaper reporter staying with the family (I apologise if I'm wrong) so there really is no excuse for not having the means and equipment to record the alleged phenomena by other methods as opposed to the still photographs. If the verbal evidence had been backed up by moving footage then that would really have been something special but it wasn't and you really have to ask why? I've read of quite a few cases of people allegedly saying their council houses are haunted and using it as a reason for getting a move to a bigger house or another area. Not sure if the family in this case were living in local authority housing or not. Just a thought.

I did visit this house and saw moving objects, i write about it below, back in 1977.....seems a long time ago now!

http://www.unexplain...ic=233516&st=15

Saw your previous posts on this, very curious about this case, what did you witness at the house that you considered to be paranormal?

• 4 months later...

Hi Regency,

Sorry haven't visited ghost forum for a while. yes when i was 20 i joined the Ghost Club, link below:-

http://www.ghostclub.org.uk/

I knew Maurice Grosse, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Grosse

As a new investigator i was given limited access to this case, i can verify that the deep male voice did come from an 11 year old girl and i can verify that objects moved like chairs etc. I was born in Enfield and lived about ten minutes away from this house.

Proof that i was living in Enfield as a young man is on link below taken from one of my old 1970's passports:-

http://2012forum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7068&mode=view

Sorry about the moustache but it was the 1970's Ha Ha!