Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

silver ball

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I was at a bbq the other day and it was a nice sunny day with no clouds in the sky. At one point (whilst drinking some beer if you're asking) I noticed a ball in the sky. It was either a very small object, or it was very high as I could only barely see it. The object looked metallic to me as one side of it reflected the sunlight which is how I saw it.

I pointed it out to my mates and after some pointing, then some shouting, then some head twisting I finally managed to get them all to see it. It stayed up there all day long, for many hours and periodically someone would say, 'where's that thing gone?' and we'd search the big blue for a couple of seconds before we found it again. It moved around in the sky randomly, but very slowly so as you wouldnt notice.

None of our phones could pick the object up as it was either too small or too far away.

I saw something very similar to this a few years ago too.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also can anyone explain how when I first saw it I checked the time and 60 seconds later a whole minute had passed?

Edited by tyrant lizard, 05 September 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 05 September 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Also can anyone explain how when I first saw it I checked the time and 60 seconds later a whole minute had passed?

Ummm...wut.

If it was moving that slowly, I'd say weather balloon. Too bad you didn't have binoculars.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Can a weather balloon stay in the air all day? Im seriously asking.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#4    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

When I first saw it I thought it was a normal helium balloon, but after about half an hour I reckoned it would have blown away if it was, even though there wasn't much wind.

My mate bought our some ****e binochs but you'd have been better off looking through a pair of used toilet rolls.

#5    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

How long they stay up depends on the balloon, I suppose.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 05 September 2013 - 03:25 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#6    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 05 September 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

what did you expect?

#7    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Weather balloon for me, too. As for the 60 seconds, I'd say you got caught in a time warp. :whistle:

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#8    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Or a standard Mylar party balloon.

#9    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

could have also been one of those radio controlled survey blimps

#10    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

If it was really small it could have been Venus. Once you find it, it's not that hard to see in in daytime. As for the moving around, there's no way to tell if an object in a blank field (the sky, with no stars in the background) is in motion or not, and lots of perceptual glitches that can make you think it is.

#11    Vance665

Vance665

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

This sounds like the one UFO sighting I had. Except the one I saw was not much higher than the tree tops. It was a silver sphere a foot or two in diameter that hovered for a few seconds before slowly accelerating away in a slight curve. It never came back and that was the only time I ever seen a UFO.

#12    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 05 September 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

what did you expect?
I don't know. Being abducted and having my memory erased would have been cooler than nothing

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 05 September 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

If it was really small it could have been Venus. Once you find it, it's not that hard to see in in daytime. As for the moving around, there's no way to tell if an object in a blank field (the sky, with no stars in the background) is in motion or not, and lots of perceptual glitches that can make you think it is.
I did think it was Venus at first but it was too close for that, I could clearly see it was a sphere with sunlight on one side and shadow on the other. And it moved quite drastically to different points of the sky over time.

View PostVance665, on 05 September 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

This sounds like the one UFO sighting I had. Except the one I saw was not much higher than the tree tops. It was a silver sphere a foot or two in diameter that hovered for a few seconds before slowly accelerating away in a slight curve. It never came back and that was the only time I ever seen a UFO.
This could have been the case with my one. Some of my friends were saying it was as high as 40,000,000 feet while other thought it was just a few hundred feet.

#13    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,025 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

tyrant lizard, you clearly don't understand the objections and questions about your story.

You seem confused as to how 60 seconds passed in the same period as 1 minute.  Either you don't understand that 60 seconds is exactly 1 minute by definition, or you've got your units confused or your story is bizarrely confused to the point of incoherence (or you're trolling).

Asking why 60 seconds took the same time as 1 minute is like asking how it's possible that  I walked 1 mile and walked the same distance as if I had walked 1760 yards.  How is it possible to walk 1 mile and 1760 yards at the same time?  How is it possible to pass 60 seconds of time and 1 minute of time at the same time?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#14    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Maybe it is because 6e+10 nano seconds had past.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#15    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,518 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 05 September 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Can a weather balloon stay in the air all day? Im seriously asking.

They can stay up a good long while. Seeing as they are fitted with instruments to take atmospheric measurements, they wouldn't be that great at their job if they only lasted a few hours.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users