Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 2 votes

Psychic quits after winning National Lottery


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,470 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

I would presume that a "psychic's" suppossed abilities does not even come close to the established abilities of, say, firefighter's, policemen or medical staff.


#17    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

View Postpallidin, on 29 October 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

I would presume that a "psychic's" suppossed abilities does not even come close to the established abilities of, say, firefighter's, policemen or medical staff.
that's not really the point being made though.
if we were discussing the validity or necessity of different professions or abilities then i would have to agree.


#18    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,470 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostJGirl, on 29 October 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

that's not really the point being made though.
if we were discussing the validity or necessity of different professions or abilities then i would have to agree.

So, why should they(psychics) charge money for an absolutely unproven profession?


#19    diablo_04

diablo_04

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Skopje, Macedonia

  • I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostJGirl, on 29 October 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

i don't know why people assume that if you have a psychic ability it is your moral responsibility to use it to help without expecting any payment.
what about other 'helpful' jobs that people get paid for? maybe the fire department should come and rescue you and save your burning home out of sheer selflessness.
If you wanna know there are lot of fire departments where the fireman's are volunteering and it not even the same, i don't know how can you even compere it. If you're house is burning, no matter if you paying taxes or not, the fire department will come and put the fire down. I'm really disappointed that more and more people are becoming a selfless b******* its not everything about the money.
  If i was a psychic, I'll win my self a lottery so i can have money for living and help out people for free....if you ask me the psychic people are a scam and there can only mess up someones life.

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips


#20    Ryu

Ryu

    Born to fail.

  • Member
  • 3,531 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Where you'll never find me

  • Just because it is in a book doesn't mean it is real or even remotely true.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

View Postpallidin, on 29 October 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

So, why should they(psychics) charge money for an absolutely unproven profession?

Because they can buffalo the gullible into thinking that what they do is real and legitimate.
After all people are willing to pay for any service if they are convinced it will "help" them.

They (the "psychics" ) think they have a service to offer and some have actually had "training" for whatever it is they think they are doing so they should be compensated for their service regardless of how dubious it is.


#21    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,470 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

View Postdiablo_04, on 29 October 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

If i was a psychic, I'll win my self a lottery so i can have money for living and help out people for free....if you ask me the psychic people are a scam and there can only mess up someones life.

For the most part, you are exactly RIGHT!!!

True psychic's have no need of money, etc... In fact, they abhor it.


#22    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

View Postpallidin, on 29 October 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

So, why should they(psychics) charge money for an absolutely unproven profession?
i really don't know - i ask the same thing about feng shui architects.


#23    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

View Postdiablo_04, on 29 October 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

If you wanna know there are lot of fire departments where the fireman's are volunteering and it not even the same, i don't know how can you even compere it. If you're house is burning, no matter if you paying taxes or not, the fire department will come and put the fire down. I'm really disappointed that more and more people are becoming a selfless b******* its not everything about the money.
  If i was a psychic, I'll win my self a lottery so i can have money for living and help out people for free....if you ask me the psychic people are a scam and there can only mess up someones life.
ok ok bad example using firefighters. it was the first thing that came to mind, i apologize for any confusion that may have caused in making my point,
which by the way stands without the reference.


#24    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,470 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

You're Ok JGirl.


#25    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,789 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 October 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

What's the percentage of psychics that win the lottery, as compared to the percentage of  non-psychics that win the lottery?

.
Who can say for sure.  Some people might be pcychics and not know it.  Believe me, I'm not a huge advocate of psychics but I won't completely dismiss the possibility.


#26    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostOverSword, on 29 October 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Who can say for sure.  Some people might be pcychics and not know it.  Believe me, I'm not a huge advocate of psychics but I won't completely dismiss the possibility.
or maybe some are psychic and don't tell anyone cuz they don't want to be picking their lottery numbers for them. ;)


#27    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Postpallidin, on 29 October 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

You're Ok JGirl.
same to you pallidin :)


#28    Ryu

Ryu

    Born to fail.

  • Member
  • 3,531 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Where you'll never find me

  • Just because it is in a book doesn't mean it is real or even remotely true.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postpallidin, on 29 October 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

For the most part, you are exactly RIGHT!!!

True psychic's have no need of money, etc... In fact, they abhor it.

Really? Where do you get that from?
So..what do they do for food, rent, their children's well-being, transportation and so on? Live off of welfare? Steal?  Beg for food, clothing, fuel, transportation and medical care? Money is merely a tool of exchange and nothing more. Nothing to "abhor" about it. Psychics are not above the rest of us.


#29    diablo_04

diablo_04

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Skopje, Macedonia

  • I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostRyu, on 29 October 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Because they can buffalo the gullible into thinking that what they do is real and legitimate.
After all people are willing to pay for any service if they are convinced it will "help" them.
You know what is false advertising?
The psychics are very convincing, they all quarantine that they are genuine and will help sort out your problems.....for me that is false advertising, if it was any different job where the title is genuine, the people working there can be sued for false advert as for the psychic not so much.

I'm not even a christian but what you are saying is like Jesus should have charge for helping people out....believe me it the same thing.
Let say it being a psychic is a gift, so that kind of gift can apparently came from god. I don't believe god will give you a gift so yuo can take money from poor people ( because moistly poor people are visiting the psychics).
I understand that everybody have to pay there bills and eat, but being a psychic is a gift not a job, and psychic people should not take advantage of that.
* i'm saying if being a psychic is real gift, personally i think its a lie*

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips


#30    Ryu

Ryu

    Born to fail.

  • Member
  • 3,531 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Where you'll never find me

  • Just because it is in a book doesn't mean it is real or even remotely true.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

We're not talking about Jesus; consider that he existed (if at all) in a different era.
I don't care if being a psychic is a gift or not. They should be able to charge for their services (in the loosest sense of the term)
After all, being a creative artist is a gift too so are they supposed to create great works for absolutely free?
The cost of living is expensive and there are bills to pay, if one cannot use their "gifts" as a means to earn a living then they may as well just give up and work for McDonalds or work in an office or someplace that doesn't require anything special except memorizing how to do repetitive tasks.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users