Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police Dispell Rumors Of Haunted School

Brian Topp

POLICE are seeking to dispel the myth that a village’s derelict school buildings are haunted to discourage trespassing on the dangerous site.

Officers described the former St Peter’s School buildings and grounds, on the outskirts of Gainford, in County Durham, as “an accident waiting to happen” and warned people they face being arrested if caught inside the buildings.

Since being built in 1900 as an orphanage for 300 boys, the buildings have been used as a school and, most recently, a nursing home, but have been empty since 1997.

Read More: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11163959.Police_dispel_ghost_myth_surrounding_dangerous_old_school_buildings/

• Like 2

“It is not the place to come for a day or night out.”

Who wouldn't want to spend a cold night traipsing around a derelict building that most assuredly smells of hobo urine?

• Like 3

Who wouldn't want to spend a cold night traipsing around a derelict building that most assuredly smells of hobo urine?

Hobo urine? Where do I sign up?

• Like 1

Hobo urine? Where do I sign up?

The tour bus for this show stopper is pretty packed at the moment, but i think we can squeeze ya' in.

Any objections to sitting on the lap of a gent with one arm that we call lefty?

Otherwise we gotta' strap ya' to the hood.