Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If you had to vote now who would it be?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama Or McCain (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Obama or McCain?

1. Obama (36 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. McCain (21 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

3. Neither (9 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:03 AM

AROCES on Oct 9 2008, 10:59 PM, said:

What excatly is that Bush did the past 8 years you talking about?

Although I agree, you opened a flood gate with that one! grin2.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#32    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

MasterPo on Oct 10 2008, 04:03 AM, said:

Although I agree, you opened a flood gate with that one! grin2.gif

I say bring it on, let's hear it.

#33    SoulMatrix

SoulMatrix

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

• "There are always a lot of people who prefer the comfortable lie to the uncomfortable truth." - Bill Moyers

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:46 AM

Here's John McCain's big plan for the budget: make a whole lot of noise about eliminating of the piece of the budget pie representing earmarks (and remember that most earmarks simply mandate where monies will be spent, they don't create any new spending):
Earmarks

earmarks.gif

All the recent controversy over McCain lying about Palin's earmark requests, as he did most recently on The View, is noteworthy for what is says about McCain's (lack of) are much more important since rising health care costs will absolutely dwarf any savings from earmarks.

Here's the centerpiece of McCain's economic plan: drill for oil, then pretend like it will help at the pump:
drill.jpg

[via]

I can't even see the sliver of yellow until after 2015, and even after that it's not much of a contribution. That's supposed to lower gas prices?

With such a solid foundation for the polcy porposals - a couple of slivers of pie - I can't imagine why the McCain campaign would resort to lies, deceptions, misdirection, and misleading characterizations to sell these "big" plans.

With the economy weakening and spending on the war rising, the federal budget outlook has deteriorated in both the short-run and the medium-term, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday. In its summer budget update, the nonpartisan budget office said the federal deficit would likely double this year compared with last year, and remain at about 3% of gross domestic product for the next two years. ...

Unlike the February update, which showed the budget roughly in balance through 2018 under favorable assumptions, the September projection now sees deficits totaling $2.3 trillion over the next 10 years. Those projections assume that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire and that the alternative minimum tax is not changed. If the tax cuts are extended as the White House and the McCain-Palin ticket want, the deficits over the next 10 years would be $4.2 trillion higher than now projected, CBO said.

The reason McCain-Palin want to continue these policies is that they believe suggestions that the policies haven't worked for the majority of Americans can be attributed to whining. So, if you want to continue being berated for whining about the obvious problems you face, McCain-Palin is the ticket for you.

#34    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:46 AM

[quote name='SoulMatrix' date='Oct 10 2008, 03:46 AM' post='2540495']
Here's the centerpiece of McCain's economic plan: drill for oil, then pretend like it will help at the pump:
drill.jpg
Drill(not only in offshore as your deceiving propaganda shows) and efficient use of Oil will lower the price in time. PLUS, we don't have to pay extra dollar everytime Mahmoud or Chavez opens their mouth.

Edited by AROCES, 10 October 2008 - 09:47 AM.

#35    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,917 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:40 PM

The price of oil is controlled as much by speculation as by the supply. If drilling turns the speculators to thinking more oil will be available, then the prices will drop. Just as "possible shutdowns" ramped the price of oil up along the US east coast during hurricane season.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#36    Quill

Quill

Grim Idealist

• 2,888 posts

• My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. -Hosea 4:6

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:28 PM

I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for... I usually favor the red...but I don't like McCain. I don't like Obama either. They both seem rather weak, or generic.  dontgetit.gif

I feel that neither one will be the leader we need right now.

Posted Image

#37    Bill Hill

Bill Hill

Marshal Law

• 9,938 posts

• If I had my own world
    I'd build you an empire
    From here to the far lands
    To spread love like violence

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

Probably Obama... but I'm a bit worried or concerned about higher taxation and his stinking plane.

Posted Image
Something in your heart, feel like someThing nEw.

#38    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

DieChecker on Oct 12 2008, 01:40 PM, said:

The price of oil is controlled as much by speculation as by the supply.

Speculation isn't a bad thing. In fact correct speculation helps keep the costs of comomdity based products like food and fuel low by comparison to not having the ability to speculate.

BTW, if you don't like speculation then you must really hate Hilary. She turned $1,000 into $1,000,000 in just a year speculating on the cattle market!! ohmy.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users