Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Scientology a religion ?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 July 2011 - 11:52 AM, said:

But isn't Tom Cruise one of the leaders by now? I remember that being said after his beautiful speech leaked.

Oh, by the way, I have casually met Tom Cruise on 2 occasions, and he did not seem "a few bricks short" at all. Just a bit stiff and eccentric.

No hes more like a lot of bricks short or the most gullible celebrity there is.  He fully believes that once he reaches a certain level in the organization, he will learn all their secrets including the ability to fly

#32    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

View Postdigitalartist, on 22 July 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

No hes more like a lot of bricks short or the most gullible celebrity there is. He fully believes that once he reaches a certain level in the organization, he will learn all their secrets including the ability to fly

The sad thing about that is - he actually thinks it is true.. what a plonker

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#33    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 22 July 2011 - 12:59 AM, said:

The sad thing about that is - he actually thinks it is true.. what a plonker

Maybe that explains the time he was jumping up and down on Oprah's couch.  He was getting in some takeoff practice. :)

#34    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

Alright, guys, let's just agree on "nuts"  :lol:

#35    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,428 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:35 AM

View Posttruthseeker68, on 20 July 2011 - 08:17 PM, said:

In my opinion ALL religions started as a Cult. Christianity started as a handful of followers didn't it.??? Scientolgy the same way...and many,many others.
Actually, it started out as a flavour of Judaism. It was called a cult IIRC, but not in the meaning we think of the word now, more "just a faction within a collective with their own beliefs".

#36    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• 1,254 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

After reading stories from people who left Scientology I would think anyone would be hard pressed to NOT call it a cult. The Sea Org faction of Scientology alone is responsible for billion year contracts with underage kids to be in the organization and be paid slave wages to do the cults work for them. Lately there have been quite a few high up members who have left and then given accounts of some of the actions of the cult including intimidation, kidnapping, false imprisonment, the list goes on and on. The cult uses the tax dodge to great effect as they lavish gifts on celebs like Tom Cruise and others. If you think about it, the cult constitutes the perfect pyramid scheme. Multitudes of followers bring in a cash flow under the guise of enlightenment which is then used to fund the lavish lifestyles of a few key members so they can rub elbows with famouse people. It is a scheme and a cult.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#37    FreeZoner

FreeZoner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Scientology can be used for good and for evil, the Church of Scientology has chosen the latter. The CofS may be legally a church, but they are a criminal organization. Like any other religion or cult, the Church seeks to control others. The technology that was to set man free had been altered by the church to control and to fleece its members' bank accounts. I know, I am one of the survivors.

Edited by FreeZoner, 28 April 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#38    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 20 July 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

We have had several cases on that in Germany, and Scientology was never allowed to operate as a religious community. The official status they have in Germany is that of membership corporation, very much like a sports or cigar club. They are also under close observation by the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution.

I am glad it is like that, as I very much believe that is is a cult. A very dangerous and evil one indeed.

The US needs to implement the same actions against these shiesters.  The mone this cult is stealing from its members could probabl`/ take care of our national debt.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#39    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostFreeZoner, on 28 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Scientology can be used for good and for evil, the Church of Scientology has chosen the latter. The CofS may be legally a church, but they are a criminal organization. Like any other religion or cult, the Church seeks to control others. The technology that was to set man free had been altered by the church to control and to fleece its members' bank accounts. I know, I am one of the survivors.

I`m glad you`re out of the CofS.  Good for you!
I`m sure you could tell some horrifying stories.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users