Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Borley Rectory Yard Apparition

Sightings

This photograph was taken in the cemetery outside Borley Rectory. Alleged to have gone unnoticed when the picture was taken, the image shows what some believe to be a ghostly apparition to the right of the picture, under the trees.

user posted image

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raziel

• Loonboy

• Sightings

• emmy

There's a photograph I've never seen before, and although it does look mighty impressive, what worries me is that the figure seems to be half the height of a regular person...

...what gives? ph34r.gif

if the picture does show a ghost and the land has been risen up since the person walked there, then the ghost would still walk on its previous level. so that would be under the ground.

another story of this sort of thing concerns this one man who went down stairs into his cellar during winter a few years ago and saw a ghostly roman legion walking through it but only from the chest upwards where they visible.

The Treasurer's House Ghost

This link takes you to the story you're refering to Althalus.

However, I still think that this person is out of proportion, not just heightwize, but the overall size of it. Compare it on the original larger photo. It looks wrong somehow.

You're right. The ghost seems much smaller, comparitively, then anything else in the picture.

whenever you see a nice negative area to burn in, be very suspicious. if that apparition had been halfway in the trees and halfway in the lighted spot, it would be a possible real ghost.

• 1 month later...

Im Not Sure Bout This......From A Distance It Looks Like Another Grave Stone But Up Close It Just Looks Like A Blur blink.gif

The small size may indicate it is the ghost of a child.

smile.gif

Guest Sadie Merry
Here is an enlargement of the area of the image showing the "apparition".

user posted image

I'm fascinated with Borley Rectory, although some people believe this photo to be Harry Price, (the man who investiaged the hauntings) I believe to be linked to one of the ghosts at the house. If you want to know more about the most haunted house in England visit the Borley Rectory web site. ohmy.gifohmy.gif

ghost is small and could be of a child but who knows....you should check your negatives and post them as well biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• 2 months later...

How long ago did this borely thing start up? It was the affair where the nun and the monk had an affair. He got hung and she got bricked up alive in the rectory. Right? (I'm sleepy...)

Anyhow, as it was long ago (i think) People were much smaller. I recently went to Madame Tussauds waxworks in London, and the old people (Like...1700's) were like, TINY. I'm 5'5 and they were like, only up to my chest :S

Well...could it be a small person? Dwarves were still around back then, i presume...

Would it be going out on a limb to suggest it may be kneeling, whos to say ghosts only stand? Could be wrong.......I dont know.

Mandy

• 2 weeks later...

that could really be anything. considering it's distance from the camera and the blurriness and the darkness under the trees. dry.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i reckon its an old geeza walkin his dog through da grounds, or maybe its even the care taker. Or big possibility it cud be a council worker coz close up he luks like hes got one of them illuminas jackets on tht they wear. Then again cud be a dustbin man emptyin da rubbish grin2.gif

• 1 month later...

Has anyone come up with theories as to WHY broley rectory is so haunted?

Well, as i read...

There was a nun. And a monk. And they fell inlove. And they made passionate love everynight (ok, i made that bit up...). And they got caught. And the monk got hung. And the nun got bricked up alive in the walls of the lovely rectory. And she was having nun (see my great pun?) of it. So she decided to be a ghostly person since.

Clear things up?

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't doubt that was a ghost or something it kinda looks like either a kid or a older person, of course ghosts tend to come back when either their house is being under reno's or other things.

From the picturess (I've seen in the gallery section) I think this ghost might just be interesting in knowing what is going on. Wouldn't you be?

original.gif