Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there an option to block a topic?

Careful_perspective

I know we can block people, as to not see their posts, but is there any way to block an entire post so we don't have to see it? I was looking around and couldn't find an option but I figured I would ask.

Just want to be clear.. do you mean if someone wants to block an entire topic? For example, if I didn't want to see your topic of "Is there an option to block a topic?" Or do you mean a section, as in "block help desk?". Or block "anything to do with ghost topics?"- for example.

The first, like if you wanted to block my topic of "Is there an option to block a topic."

okay...just gotta ask...why would you want to block a topic? :unsure2:

• Like 1

Actually, I wouldn't mind that. As a mod, we have to post in threads that we otherwise don't have any interest in, but it kind of clogs up our My Content page.

• Like 3

okay...just gotta ask...why would you want to block a topic? :unsure2:

It's kind of weird but....Ever since I was little I have suffered from really bad anxiety about natural disasters. I think it is because something that happened when I was younger. Anyway, I have constant nightmares about natural disasters (You name it, I have had a dream about it Volcanoes/Lava, Tsunamis, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes) I was actually just in Atlantic City last night and I had an amazing hotel with ocean views and I had a terrible nightmare about watching a huge wave coming toward the hotel. Its just strange, I have these nightmares at LEAST once a week and they never fail to leave me up for the rest of the night with anxiety. Due to this anxiety pretty much any topic about Global Warming will just instantly bother me and i'll start dwelling on it. I know I can't hide from the truth, but at the same time Global Warming is nothing that I (as one person) can change. Some of the people on this site can be alarmists and sometimes just the topics people post will set my anxiety off and trigger a nightmare.

• Like 2

Woods, with climate change it's a gradual thing.

It's not a instantanous catastophic event. It's true that we are bending ourselves down a path that we should have stopped following. But, there is still ample time to do what we should do.

Woods, with climate change it's a gradual thing.

It's not a instantanous catastophic event. It's true that we are bending ourselves down a path that we should have stopped following. But, there is still ample time to do what we should do.

It's level heads like yours, with optimism and hope that I appreciate. However, not everyone is like that. Which is unfortunate.

• Like 1

I hope I didn't set off your anxiety with any of my posts. It isn't just that my glass is half empty. Sometimes it's also cracked and leaking.

Some people call that pessimism, and others call it realism. Still others say that optimists are happier, but pessimists are closer to the truth. It would probably be nice to be happier more of the time, but I'm one of those "red pill" types. (Matrix reference).

• Like 2

My dear (if I may?) back in the day they used to spray used motor oil on dirt roads to keep the dust down and compact the roads. My local dump pushed garbage into the largest river in the province. The concept of recycling... wasn't a consideration.

Us older folks are lost in our ways. The younger ones, I have hope for.

Edited by Likely Guy

I hope I didn't set off your anxiety with any of my posts. It isn't just that my glass is half empty. Sometimes it's also cracked and leaking.

Some people call that pessimism, and others call it realism. Still others say that optimists are happier, but pessimists are closer to the truth. It would probably be nice to be happier more of the time, but I'm one of those "red pill" types. (Matrix reference).

No, no don't worry, I don't blame ANYONE for my craziness. The silliest things can set it off, like this past summer when it got hot I started to have anxiety that all the air conditioners were terrible for the environment and my poor boyfriend had to spend an hour calming me down. I think my biggest issue is the fact that so many people make careless, selfish decisions everyday and it is painful to see.

I think I sort of am the red pill type. But I hate to even use the analogy because I truly believe the world is good, and there's no ignorance in that statement. I mean, look at my signature haha.

My dear (if I may?) back in the day they used to spray used motor oil on dirt roads to keep the dust down and compact the roads. My local dump pushed garbage into the largest river in the province. The concept of recycling... wasn't a consideration.

Us older folks are lost in our ways. The younger ones, I have hope for.

We are friends, of course you may call me my dear! And I have hope for my generation too. I know some really great people who are ready to lead the world toward positive change. But let's hope they don't get too jaded in the meantime.

• Like 1

We are friends, of course you may call me my dear! And I have hope for my generation too. I know some really great people who are ready to lead the world toward positive change. But let's hope they don't get too jaded in the meantime.

You live in interesting times (that's actually an ancient Chinese curse).

Someone in their early twenties can't imagine the world without the internet, That took me aback the other day when that was posed to me. It's both a wealth of information, as well as a sewer pit of disinformation.

I've the utmost faith in your generation to separate the grain from the chaff. Keep asking, keep changing.

Edit: There are a lot of younger posters, like you, just on this site that reaffirm my belief in the next generation. Just don't take the first answer.

Believe in science and love each other.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

I'm aware some subject threads are sensitive and can frighten or disturb people, and some are very controversial to avoid. I recommend you to not bother to read topics you know make you comfortable. The Holocaust and 9/11 threads, for examples, are known to release great deal of emotions for some members. If you dislike the discussion, don't take part in it and you have the right to ignore them (don't click on the thread link on the forum).

I wonder, on a related sort of note, if you can deplete threads from "My content", since there are several that I only posted once in, months ago, and I've lost interest in but they keep getting bumped up whenever someone posts in them.

Click [ Mark Community Read ] > [ Forums ] to flush the updated new content list ~ at the bottom of page between [ Change Theme ] and [ Help ]

~ bear in mind it will mark all threads as 'Read'

Thanks for all the support and suggestions guys!

• Like 1