Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

the book of mormon empires.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

This thread is pointless. The original topic has been dismantled and proved to be based a web of olde world racism, as supported by the words of past LDS presidents.

The church now is better than it was, in terms of it's racist past. But to turn around and try and whitewash it's history is just ridiculous.

Danielost, I know because of your Mormon past it must be hard to accept, but it's time to throw in the towel on this whole "black skin is a metaphor" idea...

Edited by Dark_Grey, 15 July 2013 - 08:56 PM.

"It's a good season for Squatchin"

#92    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,676 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 15 July 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

The following shows it was not red but black

2 Nephi 5:21

https://www.lds.org/....21-23?lang=eng

The claim itself is made all the more meaningless as a genetics study in 2007 determined that light skin in Europeans originated some time between 4000 and 10,000 BC. With brown skin color being the norm for humans prior to that. Which further means that since we've been around for some c.200,000 years then if anyone was "cursed" they were cursed from the beginning.

http://galsatia.file...nche_paleur.pdf

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#93    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,007 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

On the junks I said I think they were junks.

Now tell me something how could an eigth grader have come up with this book of books.  The book of mormon has more than one book in it like the bible.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#94    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,007 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

Here is th usa in the book of mormon, all but name.

Chapter 22
http://www.bookofmor...phi1/21-22.html

[6] Nevertheless, after they shall be nursed by the Gentiles, and the Lord has lifted up his hand upon the Gentiles and set them up for a standard, and their children have been carried in their arms, and their daughters have been carried upon their shoulders, behold these things of which are spoken are temporal; for thus are the covenants of the Lord with our fathers; and it meaneth us in the days to come, and also all our brethren who are of the house of Israel.

[7] And it meaneth that the time cometh that after all the house of Israel have been scattered and confounded, that the Lord God will raise up a mighty nation among the Gentiles, yea, even upon the face of this land; and by them shall our seed be scattered.

[8] And after our seed is scattered the Lord God will proceed to do a marvelous work among the Gentiles, which shall be of great worth unto our seed; wherefore, it is likened unto their being nourished by the Gentiles and being carried in their arms and upon their shoulders.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#95    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,007 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostDark_Grey, on 15 July 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

This thread is pointless. The original topic has been dismantled and proved to be based a web of olde world racism, as supported by the words of past LDS presidents.

The church now is better than it was, in terms of it's racist past. But to turn around and try and whitewash it's history is just ridiculous.

Danielost, I know because of your Mormon past it must be hard to accept, but it's time to throw in the towel on this whole "black skin is a metaphor" idea...

I am not the one who brought up skin. Color. If I remember my cwboy history indians were called red skins.

#96    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,686 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postdanielost, on 15 July 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

On the junks I said I think they were junks.

Now tell me something how could an eigth grader have come up with this book of books.  The book of mormon has more than one book in it like the bible.

I'm curious, are you saying that an adult (known to be a conman) with an eighth grade education (different than an eighth grader) wouldn't be able to come up with it?

When written, the Book of Mormon had a large section that was close to and in some points identical to the King James version of the Bible.  Being religious he would have known verses from the Bible and no one would have paid any mind to find him reading the Bible he had between supposed translation attempts of the supposed golden tablets.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#97    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,686 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

View Postdanielost, on 16 July 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

I am not the one who brought up skin. Color. If I remember my cwboy history indians were called red skins.

Yes they were yet the Mormon Bible as I pointed out refers to black skin.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users