Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Sexuality

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#16    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,954 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Why do you "openly tell people I'm bisexual" ?

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#17    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,296 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 06 June 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Doubles her chances!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#18    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,546 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 06 June 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

That's kind of what I was wondering. It's sort of like telling people you are religious or an Atheist...it's really none of their business and normally doesn't come up in general conversation.

#19    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,954 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 June 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

That's kind of what I was wondering. It's sort of like telling people you are religious or an Atheist...it's really none of their business and normally doesn't come up in general conversation.
I was thinking, "Hi, i'm heterosexual prefer women with big breast but otherwise not to fussy, can i have fries with that"

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#20    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,546 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 06 June 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

I was thinking, "Hi, i'm heterosexual prefer women with big breast but otherwise not to fussy, can i have fries with that"

Is this what is known as speeding dating?

#21    Pookie666

Pookie666

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

• I'm SUPER LAZY...
    It's kinda like normal crazy, but I wear a cape...

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 June 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Over reaction?

Logic dictates that if she wants her own kid she needs a man, artificial insemination or a willing participent. Dont you want your own kid as in own flesh and blood?

There seems a misunderstanding...
Do you know the difference between HETEROSEXUAL, HOMOSEXUAL and BISEXUAL ?

Edited by Pookie666, 07 June 2012 - 06:58 AM.

Why do people feel safe under blankets? Itís not like a murderer will come in thinking ďIíM GOING TO KILL... Ah darn heís under a blanketĒ

I'm trying to find myself, but to make it interesting, I'm wearing camouflage.

#22    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 June 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Was it a bad experience that made you bi?

Dont you want children etc?

Never mind, Mr Right Wing, whatever hurt you are feeling inside we all empathise and understand that is what makes you act badly towards others. How about a big, manly, hug and you can open up and cry...you'll feel better! :yes:

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#23    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 06 June 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Doubles her chances!

I shouldn't laugh  but...ha ha  :lol:

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#24    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 June 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Over reaction?

Logic dictates that if she wants her own kid she needs a man, artificial insemination or a willing participent. Dont you want your own kid as in own flesh and blood?

View Postealdwita, on 06 June 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

I've never had the need to tell anyone about my sexuality. Please enlighten me, do some members of the LGTB community freely admit and overtly advertise their sexuality in order to elicit some sort of response? (I refer in part, to so-called 'Gay Pride' festivals etc.

PS - This is a genuine question - not a homophobic one.

Logic and love don't mix. Everybody knows that :)

I don't flat out just tell people I'm bisexual, I'll talk about past girlfriends and pretty girls like it's normal in conversation, cause to me it is normal, it's hard to think of it as abnormal so I don't really know what not to say. My dad always accepted me for who I was, so I don't have a bad parental reaction to 'guide' me on societies opinion on my sexuality :)

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#25    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

To clear up a few things, I openly tell people I'm bisexual because I don't feel the need to be ashamed of it, I doesn't come up as "Hey, I'm Zara! i'm a C cup, I love leather and I like titties and peenus!" It's more like "Oh gosh, look at her. Dem legs >.>" I am a bit of a perve, and I'm paraphrasing to get my point across, I don't introduce myself as bisexual, as a 19 year old it sort of just comes up, past loves, past failures, who was there to catch me when I fell. Since I don't mind when somebody is gay or straight I don't understand it to be a problem.

Yes, it doubles my chances. Oh how they double. So much win.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#26    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

i think lots of straight people imagine homosexuality/bisexuality as just sex, maybe they don't understand that gays and bisexuals can feel amazing love towards someone of the same sex, like how they can love someone the different sex. im not sure if what i just said made any sense at all, but i tried to explain it the best i could. also, i think some heterosexuals (not all) think bisexual means your incapable of being monogamous.

View PostZaraKitty, on 07 June 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

To clear up a few things, I openly tell people I'm bisexual because I don't feel the need to be ashamed of it, I doesn't come up as "Hey, I'm Zara! i'm a C cup, I love leather and I like titties and peenus!" It's more like "Oh gosh, look at her. Dem legs >.>" I am a bit of a perve, and I'm paraphrasing to get my point across, I don't introduce myself as bisexual, as a 19 year old it sort of just comes up, past loves, past failures, who was there to catch me when I fell. Since I don't mind when somebody is gay or straight I don't understand it to be a problem.

GREEDY :lol:

#27    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

View Postealdwita, on 06 June 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

I've never had the need to tell anyone about my sexuality. Please enlighten me, do some members of the LGTB community freely admit and overtly advertise their sexuality in order to elicit some sort of response? (I refer in part, to so-called 'Gay Pride' festivals etc.

PS - This is a genuine question - not a homophobic one.

It's a reasonable question and the answer may have something to do with how different generations view 'privacy', but have you never had a discussion with people regarding sexuality and used your own sexuality to qualify a point you are making?

That is what Zarakitty did in her OP, and people who have responded in this thread with a "ZOMG, why tell people your bisexual?!?!" either didn't read the OP or didn't understand it. If I was to state in a conversation about prejudice "Well, when I tell people I'm agnostic some make a point of berating me for 'sitting on the fence'.", I am using my belief to emphasise a point, just as the OP did.

It is not the same as saying "Hey, look at me everybody I'm AGNOSTIC!!!!"

Edited by Leonardo, 07 June 2012 - 11:56 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#28    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 07 June 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

See, this is why I say time and time again  -  Bi Sexual  = Greediness   nobody's safe  lol   :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#29    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

I just wanted to mention that I don't understand where this thought that those who hold a belief in God feel those who don't equal "baby killers" or even bad people for that matter.

I have a strong belief in God, and I'm openminded about peoples sexual preferences and identification issues as well.

#30    Black Koi

Black Koi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

I don't care about someone's sexuality, or whether or not they have religious beliefs. No skin off my nose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users