Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indiana Bigfoot #2

Sightings

This "Bigfoot" photograph looks somewhat like a person walking up an embankment in a shaded area. It was taken by some campers in Indiana, who took the picture before fleeing, after observing the "creature" coming towards them up the hill.

user posted image

Once again, this could very easily be a man in a costume. There just isn't enough detail in the picture to fully discern the features of the creature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sageghost

• Kismit

• Bizarro

• wolfsinger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

am the great shorty from bust a groove ya laugh.gif this is so fake i live in indiana for my whole life and never saw a thing so this my friend it what i call a hoax, trust me i only thing i saw that was weird was an excaped mountain lion or puma, evil puma ate my cat, i know because it was spotted in hendricks county and i live in north salem, that's in hendricks county, but i just need to say that puma needs to die and that pic is that fakest i've seen

me user posted image

I'm STILL guessing that it's a guy in a suit. Afterall, what sane semi-intelligent ape creature, which has hid from the public for years, is going to charge a Rest Stop?

• 3 weeks later...

I'll tell u this.... it lookz more real than the first Indiana Bigfoot pic thatz 4 sure.....

Test_Bear is also right...... I agree entirely!!!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Maybe bigfoot needed to take a dump. Just cos he's a hairy humanoid myth doesn't mean he ain't civilized.

Why dont they change the bigfoots name to "man in a suit"? It would be closer to the truth. eek7.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TeamcamoHq

Ive hunted ,fished,and basicaly enjoyed the great outdoors for the better part of my 40 years. My adventures have taken me to places where its quite posible that no other human has ever sat foot. Its strange how things happen in ways that we would not expect. For instance , Ive never seen a bigfoot in person so to speak ,but Ive seen a track or footprint. The track that I found was not in one of these remote places however , it was about one and a half miles down river from a reguliarly used publick boat ramp .I would offer that the aria I was fishing in when I found the track was probably not frequinted by humans very often or not at all due to its almost enexesability,but probably used by wildlife because of its location . The aria was a small secludid beach on the river at the base of a cliff . My girlfriend and I had camped on edge of the high bluff or cliff ,and the next morning we found that the treeroots made natural steps down the steep bluff, about 60feet down to the beach. After we made our way down to do a little fishing and well you know it was secludid!! We found the track. We knew it was fresh as it had been raining the night before,and the track was in fresh mud . We climbed back up to the camper to get some flour to make a casting , but right when we reached the camp it started raining like hell ,and when it stoped we went back to look , and the track had been washed away. How about that ? Conviniant Huh ? Im a big man ,and the track I saw was at least twice as wide and as long as my boot . I would dare say that if what made it was indeed a bigfoot monster , and if it had jumped out da bushes, and even if Idve had a camera with autofocus,I dont think I wuold have gotten the best shot what with me and my read head girlfriend scramblin our asses up that bluff. Ill admit that a lot of the footage that you see of strange creatures and such are more often lacking in clarity but I cant say that I could have done any better. Just the shear size of that track scared the weeby geebys out of me .

Guest MochaLocha

I say that a bigfoot would probably be in a more secluded area. I noone has ever found any bones, a bigfoot or any part of a bigfoot's body so they would probably be in a much much much more secluded area. wub.gifcool.gifhuh.gif

Two things:

1: In reply to TeamcamoHq, Bigfoots (Bigfeet? I dunno the plural form..) are said to be usually found relatively close to civilization, so they have adapted well so they can camaflouge well. (Maybe)

2: In reply to MochaLocha; since no one has found n e bones, maybe, like us, they bury them or somehow hide them! (dont ask y, cuz i dunno..) its just a thought!

ive seen a bigfoot before. they are real.

i don't criticize people's pics because i ran screaming when i saw the bigfoot. i can understand not being able to get a pic in focus because your primary goal is escape.

Guest Bluemule
dry.gif Was this picture taken recently? Meaning in the 2000's era. If so, I have bought cheap disposable cameras that have taken better pictures. So, I believe that if picture come out looking like that these days, the picture is a crappy a$$ fake. But that is my opinion. Especially since Fakesquatch seems so close. And another opinion on the distance shots from people purposefully looking for Bigfoot. Does the words "Telescopic Lenses" mean anything. My friend. professional photographer, looks at these pics and laughs. He has shown me how well inexpensive equipment can perform.....again...come on people it is 2003 cameras are pretty much advanced to get decent pics.

Guest Bluemule

Just a short disclaimer: I criticize the pics only. I do not discount the Bigfoots existance. Or ghosts. Or aliens, etc.. No I haven't actually seen any, but that doesn't mean they are not out there somewhere. I won't look for them and yes I would run like a lil b!tch if I seen one. I got not shame.....lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On a similar subject...

Has anyone heard anything recently about the Australian variation, the 'Yowie'? I haven't heard anything for a long time.

There have been reported sightings of big cats (eg. Panther-like felines) in a few areas of Australia (not sure exactly where though). One theory is that they're descended from escaped circus/zoo stock, but funnilt enough no-one's been able to get a clear photo or any concrete evidence...

ph34r.gif

Sage ghost ,

I believe the recent sightings of Big Cats in Australia have been centered around the Dandenong Rangers and the Grampians of Victoria. It is highly likely that Big cats could go undetected in remote areas like that. It could even explain why those girls whent missing at Hanging Rock.

I have a question though . When I was growing up in Australia , I was taught about the Aboriginal legend of the Bunyip . I never heard of the Yowie untill they started to make the chocolate "Yowie" eggs. What I want to know is where did the legend of the Yowie come from and what is the difference between a Yowie and a Bunyip?

I believe i saw the backend of one of these felines that you mention sageghost on my fathers block in central queensland.It definately was not a dog it was black and had a long feline tail and was quite big it was jumping over a log but the front was blocked by trees.My father has found some animal tracks out there that he is totally clueless about.

To Wolfsinger:

If a Bigfoot civilization was to live close to one of ours, it should stand to reason that we see them more than we do. If we don't because of their rapid adaptations, we would have to rethink an entire body of thought around evolution.

As to not finding any of their bones, we have a stranglehold on a lot of the really good places to live on this planet and we have dug up most of the others looking for anything that archaeologists might be interested in.

But do we find bones that could belong to a Bigfoot? Yes, we do. They are from Gigantopithecus, a species that is thought to have died out about 250,000 years ago. It is possible that there are a few of them running around still, but there is no evidence of them after 250,000 years ago. And they were only found in Asia.

Direct human ancestors have been shown to have come into contact with Gigantopithecus in at least 2 locations, but it was a time when spoken language was at a minimum if it even existed at all. It would be quite remarkable if a story about such a large creature passed its way down a quarter million years and still ended up mostly the same throughout many cultures.

Hi Kismit,

I found this article in an old book that my Dad gave me. Hopefully it is of some interest. (source: Strange Stories Amazing Facts 1975)

Yeah I have to agree with you on the cats - there are parts of the Australian bush so dense that no human has ever set foot in there - and probably won't. A good example is the discovery of that rare tree a few years back - that was pure accident.

By the way I love your theory about Hanging Rock! Have you been there in real life? I'd love to go there one day just to see what the vibe of the place is like...

smile.gifsmile.gif

(PS I'm new to this forum so if the attachment doesn't work I'll try again)

post-39-1050316589.jpg

Thanx for the post Sageghost but unfortunately I can't read it . Is there any way to resize it?

As for Hanging Rock , yes I have been there for school camp when I was about 11 years old. It's breath taking a really beautifull part of Australia.The Grampians is a huge piece of land with lots of gully's that would be near impossible to get to.

P.S the pic dosen't look to dissimillar to a Big Red , don't you think ? smile.gif

Sageghost,

I don't think you'll be able to get that scan uploaded to the forum with better quality than the one that's there - there's a 20k maximum upload size limit on the boards, which means you would still have to compress the image again even if you did rescan it. With pictures this isn't too much of a problem, but with scanned text it makes it very difficult to read.

The best suggestion I have is if you have access to some web space somewhere else you could upload it to there and then link to it.

Thought I'd better let you know to save you rescanning it again, as it's not likely to be the scan itself that's making it hard to read.

smile.gif

Thanx Sage ghost , that was much better . I must say I haven't seen many Taniwha around here lately wink.gif

But I still don't know if there is a difference between a Bunyip and a Yowie. unsure.gif

I'm glad to hear that!

I think that the Yowie and the Bunyip are different creatures and not related. The site www.yowiehunters.com lists some of the Aboriginal names for the Yowie, but Bunyip isn't among them. Another good Yowie site is: http://www.internetezy.com.au/~mj129/yowiesmain.html

Bunyips seem are connected to the Aboriginal dreamtime and are described as being more like a Hippo with a head like a Horse. It inhabited waterholes and was the equivalent to the 'boogeyman'.

Try this site:

http://www.actewagl.com.au/education/bunyip.cfm

biggrin.gif

--------------------