Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

God's Laboratory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,909 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

How did God create the physics, chemistry and biology that make up our universe? The four forces of nature, the laws of quantum mechanics, the elementary particles themselves that obey these laws? Space-time and gravity? The mathematics by which these things can be described? Did God one day think quarks were a good idea and followed up by somehow designing them and the strong force? What were the raw materials God used, or were there any?

I could go on about how complex the human body is, from atoms to molecules, DNA to cells to organs, and the array of specialized chemicals and processes involved, etc.

It’s easy to say God created all these things, but how? By just thinking them up and saying “poof”, and they came into existence? That is magic, isn’t it?

Or did God work hard in a laboratory, experimenting until God got it all together to form our universe?

Is God the ultimate scientist or the ultimate magician?

I'm not being cavalier in this, I'm serious and sincere in posing this question.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#2    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

No one knows. Some religious text go into detail about the process, but much of it amounts to going "poof!"

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#3    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

It's an Unexplained Mystery. tada!

Edited by redhen, 13 June 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#4    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,660 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 13 June 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

How did God create the physics, chemistry and biology that make up our universe? The four forces of nature, the laws of quantum mechanics, the elementary particles themselves that obey these laws? Space-time and gravity? The mathematics by which these things can be described? Did God one day think quarks were a good idea and followed up by somehow designing them and the strong force? What were the raw materials God used, or were there any?

I could go on about how complex the human body is, from atoms to molecules, DNA to cells to organs, and the array of specialized chemicals and processes involved, etc.

It’s easy to say God created all these things, but how? By just thinking them up and saying “poof”, and they came into existence? That is magic, isn’t it?

Or did God work hard in a laboratory, experimenting until God got it all together to form our universe?

I'm not being cavalier in this, I'm serious and sincere in posing this question.

All the things you mention in your post, the four forces of nature, the laws of quantum mechanics, the elementary particles, these are all part of the universe as it works today, they did not exist at the moment of the creation of the universe. What existed before then was, absolutely nothing at all.

All those elements could either have been guided to their stable forms or it was as some believe, entirely by chance.

The anthropic principle has been debated since we found out about it, and it leads many of us to believe that the universes creation was guided to a specific destination. Others seem to believe that we are merely living in one of an uncountable number of universe, each with its own rules and differences, and that ours is not a surprise as it is merely one that has stabilized by chance in reaching the present form it has.

How it was done, we don't really know, if it wasn't mere chance, and the hand of God guided the process, then we shouldn't stop there, just because God did it. God does not mind sharing the information with us as we unlock the secrets of creation.

Personally I believe there is no such thing as magic as we define it, abracadabra, and something is done.... God used a process to do what he did, it had to do with the spoken word, and that word brought something into existence that was not there before, the spark of the big bang that brought everything else into existence.

I think that it is something humans can do as well, if we can tap into the substrata of the universe, the quantum foam as it is known. All that we have to do is be able to manipulate probability and bring things into existence. We would have total mastery of matter in all forms.

Arhur C. Clarkes 3 laws are always there in the back of my mind when I say things that could be construed as blatantly impossible...
  • When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  • The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  • Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#5    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 13 June 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

I think of God being a programmer and writing code.  He would have encoded the universe to run a certain way (the laws of physics and other constants that shape everything) and with energy, the code produces the known universe in the same way a lot of code creates working environments on computers.

But using the term God here (in my analogy) is inaccurate since I don't believe in a God as described by most religions.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#6    JJ50

JJ50

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

I suspect no deity was involved with the creation of our universe!

“The wise recognise their failings and laugh at their idiosyncrasies” RJG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users