Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Mayan prophecy

mayan profesy

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#31    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,637 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 November 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

The article I read the other day said that the French Government is actually going to road block off the area to prevent thousands of crazed Maya Calander fanatics from roaming the countryside around that mountain, and trespassing all over French citizen's private property. So it is unlikely you could have gotten to ground zero anyway.
So anyone trying to make deliveries will have to be searched first before being allowed through? Will they be searching the back of every lorry? They really are going to make things difficult for themselves for the sake of a little bit of publicity.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#32    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,698 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

So anyone trying to make deliveries will have to be searched first before being allowed through? Will they be searching the back of every lorry? They really are going to make things difficult for themselves for the sake of a little bit of publicity.
The only town in the area has only 200 people living there, and there is no highway through the area, so I'm sure they Can search every vehicle and decide who can go in and whom not.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#33    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,637 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 November 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

The only town in the area has only 200 people living there, and there is no highway through the area, so I'm sure they Can search every vehicle and decide who can go in and whom not.
they still have to make sure no one tries to cross the fields or sneaks in through the woods. They would be better off just admitting now that it was all a big mistake...but that may not even deter the odd crazed Maya Calander fanatic from creeping through the undergrowth late at night. Looks like the damage is done, until the 22nd Dec, then its clean up time.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#34    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,698 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

they still have to make sure no one tries to cross the fields or sneaks in through the woods. They would be better off just admitting now that it was all a big mistake...but that may not even deter the odd crazed Maya Calander fanatic from creeping through the undergrowth late at night. Looks like the damage is done, until the 22nd Dec, then its clean up time.
There probably not worried much about the odd couple dozen nutters. Let them climb through the hedges. It is thousands of media and gawkers that they are trying to prevent.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#35    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 18 November 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Durr, we all know that. They grow on planets, then they leave and travel through space eating planets as they go by, it's where Lee and Kirby got their idea for Galactus.

ummmmmmmmmmmm don't forget about the giant turtle, and four elephants and never ending water falling into space... maybe we can escape there?

I hear Granny Weatherwax lives there...  hrmm... weatherspoon.. weather wax.. wonder if there is any relation there......

Posted Image

#36    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,673 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Am I the only one distracted by the misspelling of "prophecy" in the title?

#37    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 20 November 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Yeah i noticed but didn't want to get my wrist slapped for saying it... :w00t:

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#38    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 20 November 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Yeah i noticed but didn't want to get my wrist slapped for saying it... :w00t:

thats what made me think of discworld...

first book i read was sourcery from the discworld books heh.

Posted Image

#39    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,698 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 20 November 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

I assumed it was purposefully misspelled, like Gawd... Kewl.... Wyrd... Profesy...

#40    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,673 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 November 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

I assumed it was purposefully misspelled, like Gawd... Kewl.... Wyrd... Profesy...
my favourite is "eejit".

#41    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,366 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 21 November 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

my favourite is "eejit".

It's "idjit", dagnabbit. :w00t:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#42    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

PROPHECY/PROPHESY

“Prophecy,” the noun, (pronounced “PROF-a-see”) is a prediction. The verb “to prophesy” (pronounced “PROF-a-sigh”) means to predict something. When a prophet prophesies he or she utters prophecies.

Outside of Bob Dylan’s lyrics, writers and critics do not “prophesize.” They prophesy.

http://public.wsu.ed...s/prophecy.html

#43    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,366 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 21 November 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

PROPHECY/PROPHESY

“Prophecy,” the noun, (pronounced “PROF-a-see”) is a prediction. The verb “to prophesy” (pronounced “PROF-a-sigh”) means to predict something. When a prophet prophesies he or she utters prophecies.

Outside of Bob Dylan’s lyrics, writers and critics do not “prophesize.” They prophesy.

http://public.wsu.ed...s/prophecy.html

You've obviously never been in the Appalachians, Abe. There are still a few places where you might as well throw out a dictionary, because you won't find many words used or spelled right. :lol:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#44    burt_ie

burt_ie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hahah love this post, so funny :yes:

#45    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,698 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 21 November 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

You've obviously never been in the Appalachians, Abe. There are still a few places where you might as well throw out a dictionary, because you won't find many words used or spelled right. :lol:

cormac
By the idjits?

Also tagged with mayan, profesy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users