Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Revoke Obamas Peace Prize

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Who picks the Committee that picks the prize winners.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#32    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,903 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

View Postsear, on 08 April 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Hmmm
Nope.
The word terrorist isn't in there.

Sourced from 'Encarta'?

"Robert Mchenry, while Editor-in-Chief of the Encyclopedia Britannica, criticized [The Microsoft Way"], essay by Robert McHenry in Encarta for differences in factual content between national versions of Encarta, accusing Microsoft of "pandering to local prejudices" instead of presenting subjects objectively."
(Opentopia)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#33    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 April 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Did you see what Samuel L Jackson said?! He said he voted for Obama purely because he is Black..... Not for his policies etc... I can't help but think a lot of people did the same.

It was all a sham anyway, Obama was elected by the media and those in true power long before the elections. Well alongside Romney, so people think they actually where voting. lol They where both financially backed by the same people, posted links the other day proving it...

View PostCrimsonKing, on 08 April 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Oh i agree 100% the ability to vote a leader in office was stolen long ago,we just keep the illusion up to divide and conquer the people  :td:

:clap:  This is very true....

#34    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,407 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Did you hear about Irena Sendlerowa, who was a runner up to Al Gore?!

This is what she did: http://en.wikipedia....i/Irena_Sendler

It's disgrace to humanity that Al Gore got the Nobel Peace price instead of her.

Oh dear lord that makes this much worse.  The woman was damn near a saint yet they give it to a man who is nothing more than a con artist.  It is truly a worthless reward.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#35    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostMerc14, on 08 April 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

The Peace Prize has been an leftist absurdity for decades

For you. pretty much everything is a leftist conspiracy.

However, in this case, it does seem that Obama did not deserve the award. Before or after.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#36    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

Why does anyone care who they give (or don't give) this award to?  It's meaningless to us in our daily lives.

If it's that troubling, feel free to create your own commission and have your own award ceremony.

I put as much stock on the 'Nobel Peace Prize' as I do the Westboro Baptist Churches funeral picketing schedule.  Both have their own agenda that is looking for press coverage.  Ignore it, they'll go away.

#37    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,407 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

View Postninjadude, on 09 April 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

For you. pretty much everything is a leftist conspiracy.

However, in this case, it does seem that Obama did not deserve the award. Before or after.
Are you saying the Nobel committee is not left wing to the extreme?  Yasser Arafat?  Al Gore? Obama?  Make your case.  LMAO

#38    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,820 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostMerc14, on 08 April 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

They gave one to Yasser Arafat, for God's sake, and Al Gore of all people.  The Peace Prize has been an leftist absurdity for decades and I expect it will get worse as time goes on.
well speaking as an Absurd Leftist, even I find something objectionable ovwr Obama being awarded a Peace prize. it may have somethingbto do with him having literally done nothing to promotecpeace prior to the awarding of it, and sod all afterwars.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#39    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 09 April 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

well speaking as an Absurd Leftist, even I find something objectionable ovwr Obama being awarded a Peace prize. it may have somethingbto do with him having literally done nothing to promotecpeace prior to the awarding of it, and sod all afterwars.

From a lot of what i have seen of your posts hats you do not exactly fit the description of an absurd liberal leftist.That said i have not always agreed with your stances,i am neither right or left,but from everything i have seen from your and a few other self proclaimed leftist or libs from other countries the ideas are very different than the current meaning of those desciptions used about those in the states.

On topic....Always wondered what in the hell he did that was so damned special that he deserved this award.None can explain it not a Liberal...Democrat....Republican....No one

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#40    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,407 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 09 April 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Sir, you may swing slightly left but you aren't the type I am referring to.  You are reasonable and balanced and bring up good points that I have accepted several times. We differ but can argue reasonably and agree on many things and you have changed my opinion on occasion.  You are a JFK liberal and JFK would be considered a right winger by today's left, unfortunately.  FWIW.

#41    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

View PostMerc14, on 09 April 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

Are you saying the Nobel committee is not left wing to the extreme?

No, the Nobel committee is apolitical. Who would you want? Assad? Quadaffi? Lil Kim?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#42    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 09 April 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

On topic....Always wondered what in the hell he did that was so damned special that he deserved this award.None can explain it not a Liberal...Democrat....Republican....No one

as i understand it, the award was more in expectation of what he would do. Probably not their finest hour.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#43    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

View Postninjadude, on 10 April 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

No, the Nobel committee is apolitical. Who would you want? Assad? Quadaffi? Lil Kim?

So that's why Al Gore won over Irena Sendler.... :rolleyes:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users