Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How To Help An Empath?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 16 January 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Empathy is a complex one. My empathy has been out of control lately so the topic comes at a good time. I've found the only way to cope with it is to use a similar method to what soulseeker laid out. The mechanics behind this sort of method is all about transmutation and grounding. So an understanding of energy is first required, understand energy and that emotions are a form of energy and that what you are seeking to do, is to purge and transmute the energies/emotions so that they are not held in your energy field.

If they remain held in you which is what happens to most empaths, then you may begin the process of processing the emotions as if they were your own. Again processing is another form of transmutation and healing, some  of us are literally built to be energy transmuters or  "balancers", i know for instance that i am

However just because the ability is there to take on an "energy dump" (a term coined by energy workers) it doesn't mean that 1. you should personally be taking on peoples issues/emotions, because this in it self can be really problematic and I seriously don't know how any empath could cope with it or stay sane for that matter, if it was happening 24/7. Furthermore the energy dumps tend to happen on a more subconscious level and just like soulseeker said in her account, that her friend felt better and relieved of her issues/emotion, while soulseeker felt worse. People don't even realise when they have energy dumped on someone and that is why they feel better after spending time with a certain someone. The idea is to strike a balance, energy can still be transmutated, a person can still be helped to deal with their energy load, but it can be done in away that doesn't require you to hold onto it or process it as if it were your own.

The answer is to simply begin a strict practice of clearing your self after you have spent time with any person or place. Do it multiple times a day. Some people find blocking works well, i personally don't. Shielding and grounding come together as any good shield should be grounding you at the same time.  You can google these things and devise something you feel works for you. But the clearing method is basically using the universal divine light/love energy to pass through you from crown to root/toe and flushing you out. Like a water fall rinsing your energy field out of anything which has got blocked or attached to you. There are ways to make this method more potent by practising this as a daily meditation, where you practice holding your connection to the centre of the galaxy core, while simultaneously grounding to the core of the earth. This brings you into the territory of energy work, reiki, yoga, tai chi, and meditation. Again it would be beneficial to find a practice which allows to you to work on  and express your energy and connections daily.  One meditation that works well for me is the violet flame meditation, i use it as a transmutation workout and it seems to be one of the few that helps to clear to the most deepest levels and pull me back to myself very quickly. Here is some info on how to do the violet flame here - http://www.wellbeing...meditation.html

So at the end of the day this all comes back to energy, transmutation, grounding and healing. One day in the future when society and people become more energy aware and empathetic as a whole, we will begin to realise that we all have a responsibility in taking care of our energy fields and grounding, and then healing at that level and assisting others to heal, will become much more substantial and respected. But until such a time, we have to learn how to manage energy and our boundaries and that is not a bad thing.

Emberdawn i feel what may benefit you is to do a cord cutting between you and this person and reclaim your energy back. Cord cutting is not as scary as it sounds, it is a given that energetic cords form and attach between people, even people you don't know but have just spoken to at some point. The cords vary in size depending on what the relationship is and where the cord is located on your etheric/ energy body can influence other things too.

The purpose of the cords? like an internet - the cords exist as energy information highways between people, exchanging energy, and info on the subtle levels.Note not to be confused with soul connections or bonds which exist on the soul level and can not be interfered with. It's okay you can't mistakenly discord those ones as they exist on a higher level beyond the drama and ego of 3d physical level. The cords we are discussing today are merely the lower level subtle body energy cords, so just to make that distinction absolutely clear.

When relations between people are good they serve no harmful exchange. However when relations are bad, or you know people of a negative disposition, with dishonest/ ill intentions towards you/ or life in general, or in the case of an abusive/dysfunctional relationship, the cords can begin to serve major problems. This is because in any relation between 2 people, there is a receiving and transmitting level of energy, and these cords facilitate this 24/7 and keep all the old patterns-even dysfunctional ones and issues, zipping back and forth. In the case of an empath, this effect is even more heightened, and because most people are oblivious to the subtle/energetic level, empaths more often than not end up getting the raw end of the 'deal' and energy dumping. For example energy vamping, draining, emotions that don't belong to them, moods etc, empaths become the equivalent of the "international operator" for all their friends, family and associates who ping back and forth data/emotions/patterns millions of time per day.  So it makes sense to cut the cords of those who are in a state of discord themselves or who no longer serve you to your highest good. It may seem a selfish thing to do, but it is not, you are not harming the person by doing this and you are not ignoring that the person has problems, but what you are doing is making sure you protect your sanity, space and energy.

In metaphysics and in energy healing circles, Cutting cords therefore is seen as a healthy thing to do, and part of the maintenance needed to keep yourself clear and  holding your own space. It is something I personally practice on a regular basis as does my empathetic and aware friends. When doing the daily clearing as described earlier in this post, you can include it in your intention to discord any cords or 'ego hooks' from your energy field or consciousness that are not to your highest good.

I have used the cord cutting. I cut everything but a very thick cord. It looked important so I left it alone.  I will do this more often.

I agree with what you say.  This is the last effort I make on his behalf. He knows about this stuff but ignores it and forgets it. I was just hoping I could get him to remember and try.

Thank you everyone who posted I will try your suggestions.:D

#17    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,222 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I smudge myself and my house with white sage to cleanse any negativity. Cedar or sandalwood incense can be used, as well. I've found a good way to not receive is to send. If I actively send white light or positive energy, or compassion, etc. to a person that seems to block me from receiving, and it has the added benefit of being proactive. There are also a lot of shielding techniques, i.e. imagine a yourself covered by a big, clear glass bell that prevents anything from coming in, or imagine yourself in a cocoon of light that does the same thing. I'm pretty sure if your google "psychic shields" you'll find more information. And one must always maintain one's physical safety, that's just common sense.

#18    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

These all sound like much better ideas then walking around with a tinfoil hat or a large metal pot on you head. But not quite as funny.

#19    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,222 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

View Postemberdawn, on 18 January 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

These all sound like much better ideas then walking around with a tinfoil hat or a large metal pot on you head. But not quite as funny.

Post a picture if you try the metal pot thing, will you? Covering your crown chakra with a white cap might serve as a shield. Also, try closing down your crown chakra to about 3" in diameter; picture it as a round opening on the top of your head, and visualize it about 3" in diameter. Then let it get as wide as it wants, take a moment to visualize that and what it feels like, then shrink it down again.   I would guess that this chakra is wide open, which creates access for things to come through. It's important to remember you DO have control over it, and to exercise that control. It's very easy to do, usually taking no longer than 5 minutes. Then just keep checking it throughout the day, and if it's popped back open, shrink it down. Eventually you'll have trained it to stay small and you can open it when you choose to.

#20    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Lol! I have yet to be so bold. But if I do I'll send it to you first.

I usually use this to relieve headaches, I'll try it for this.

#21    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Thank you some much for taking the time to share your knowledge with me.

#22    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I think i will try to handle this with love, patience and some couples therapy.

#23    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,222 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

EmberDawn, just checking in with you to see how things are going. Have things calmed down any for you?

#24    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yes things are getting better for all of us.

#25    Angelfinn

Angelfinn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

This may not help but sharing a part of my story could potentially help someone else and I could use the advise. I have just recently learned that all of the crying at movies, and the life stories that I hear while in the checkout lane are all signs of my empathetic abilities. Now when I say life stories at a check out, I can tell you that I mentally prepare to go to the grocery store, I make little eye contact and I break that contact before words are exchanged. I have heard some things that most therapists would blush at, yet here are complete strangers telling me their trials and tribulations.

Yet I have a few other gifts that I have been struggling to comprehend.

A little background: Ever since I was a child I have had premonition dreams, I can remember everything from these prophetic dreams. I witnessed my wedding several years before I met the man I would marry, and have had more and more dreams that have as you would say come true. Let me preface by saying; not all dreams come in order to the event actually happen. I have had several come to fruition and many more I can recall that have not happened at the time of writing.

This is not where these gifts stop, there is also the deja vue's  that have also inundated my life since my time a young child.  I have always been drawn to the paranormal and write a column for the same. Due to experiences I have had since childhood, clairaudience when I was young, and the proverbial shadow out of the corner of the eye throughout my adult life.  

Yet through the years of all of these "gifts" I have always been perplexed as to what I can do to strengthen my abilities. Some of the suggestions have been to center myself, the purple flame meditation has also been suggested, yet when I attempt these practices I am blocked.

The inability to concentrate on myself, the overwhelming urge that other items in my life take over the centering process and drown out the silence that I am seeking. As if something else is controlling what I should be thinking, and preventing me from getting the emotions off of me.

So any other help would be greatly appreciated

#26    shadowx

shadowx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostAngelfinn, on 30 January 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

The inability to concentrate on myself, the overwhelming urge that other items in my life take over the centering process and drown out the silence that I am seeking. As if something else is controlling what I should be thinking, and preventing me from getting the emotions off of me.

So any other help would be greatly appreciated

I always find that things that are trying to scare or block me from seeing them are always trying to do something bad to you. Considering the circumstances I'd suggest trying to either banish those things that are blocking you, or if you cannot do this then get help to make your mind and emotions your own again. If you cannot trust your own mind, what can you trust?

#27    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

I think I'm somewhat an empath, like 40% or so from some of you who write here. My chart certainly supports it, few planets in Scorpio (water signs are the most emotionally receptive ones). My point of view, might actually help you people with problems (unless it's a stalker or something like Lowell suggested, then just get a R.O.).

You know that there's a certain general patterns to these kind of problems. Somebody with some kind of obsession, and you're around that person and suffering from feeling that person's obsession too heavily. I've gone through obsessing hard and heavy, tried to be as benign as I could but was still selfish too, not a stalker though! But anyhow, I got to know to the process, and it's really simple, wrote about it in my blog too. Let go of what holds you back, and you're cured, bim! Thing is though, you can't force the other person to let go, even at a gunpoint. It doesn't work that well, might awaken that person though if the person has that much goodwill left. The step for cure is only for the sick person to take in this case, only the sick can cure oneself. You can probably alleviate the pain, sure, but go ask any astrologer or psychologist (the same thing, different names, both study human behavior in their own ways) and they'll tell you the same. It's what AA groups teach too. Letting go of more heavy, psychologically affecting problems is Pluto's part. The part of illusions and higher sensitivity, is Neptune's field, and Neptune is also associated with higher sensitivity in the area it affects in our charts. I'd bet what's on my bank account that most empaths have their Neptune, Sun, Jupiter or Moon in a water sign or in a degree that favors emotional sensitivity otherwise.

In any case, Neptune is the other planet that's generally seen harder to deal with. All kinds of sensitivity. And Pisces people too are famous for having empath-like problems (ruler of Neptune, which is by the way now transiting in Pisces, making those with an affecting planet in the first fourth of the sign even more sensitive). How to deal with sensitivity associated to those factors, I dont know from experience. But keeping your feet on the ground and focusing on the other parts of life, as cold as it may seem to you, is for your own good too. You probably have a will to help them out, but as a former heavily-problematic person I can say that you can at most help the person to see the problem, and even then you must probably be harsh at that person with your words despite how you already feel. There's no good words for saying "you have a problem deep inside you, deal with it" and it can easily be taken as something that puts you down. They make a choise of being miserable, whether they realise it or not, and are afraid of feeling even more pain, even though the pain they fear to die from is a salvation.

Maybe understanding this will help you move on from those people, or at least say to them that you'll take some distance from them until they've healed and want to be their friend when they're ready again, explain it to them. Maybe they wont understand, but it will do no good for you to be near them unless you're willing to point them the problem. Having nothing to force you to come clear about your problems can actually help you if you feel otherwise always pressured, but it can also be a good excuse to hide behind. So tell them straight-on they have a problem but give them space. If you can laugh about it afterwards and be yourselves, then it's ok.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users