Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dover Castle 'ghost' caught on CCTV

Still Waters

The moment a 'ghost' floated across the entrance to Dover Castle has been caught on camera.

The CCTV footage shows a dark figure moving across the entrance before a security guard walks over to take a closer look at the strange 'spectre'.

http://travel.aol.co...ost-cctv-video/

It's very obviously filmed off a screen, so it could simply be a shadow from the surroundings - possibly/probably deliberately introduced. Where is the *original* footage? If the original is missing, I think you have your answer right there - an attempt at a hoax. It seems odd that it didn't (directly) originate from the Dover Castle owners and that it dates back to 2009...

Not at all odd if it is a hoax attempt (or the usual scheme to attract tourists/patrons)..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

It's rather interesting.There is a website for a group,I think it's Southwest Gost hunters. Anyhow, there was a town,Loma Prieta,whcih you can also Google.It's located in either Arizona or New Mexico. They went there one day during daytime,and did some intestigating. There is a photo of one of the old buildings, and you can see a human shaped rather solid looking figure,appearing to look at the photographer. There are a couple of orb photos.They also had one of a shadow figure wearing a hat crossing the street. It was there on their Loma Prieta page,but I don't think I've seen it recently.Bu do check it out. Much better photos. Also, something attracted the security guard, something he thought odd.Why go over if it was just the shadow of someone walking by.

Haha I am only posting as I live just up the road from here! Re: security guards, well its a big place with lots of tourists, you have to make sure who goes in and (hopefully) out again. As for the ghost bit... hmmm just looks like an incredibly out of focus 'person' walking across.. no idea.

Very Good! I like ,I like!

Yeah, I can see the video was filmed off another video. This could be from a security room of the castle, where they couldn't get a copy from the security video itself. Just my thought.

Yeah, I think it's an interesting video. It could be a bug that is on the lense, and I have noticed situations like this, where it turned it that it was a bug. I think the resemblance of this reminds me of that.

Then again, the security guard is reacting to something. I don't think it was from what he saw, but probably from what he heard. Why else go there to see from what he saw, when the the shadow is still there, and it looks like he doesn't see it?

I thought this was an interesting one especially because of the security guard investigating exactly where the ghost passed.

After viewing the current one, this riding one showed up on my browser and I think this one is interesting. The people certainly don't seem like liars:

Admittedly, I'm not good at debunking which is why I always appreciate the comments here. :clap:

It looks convincing as it's walking the path of a human with human like strides but right at the beginning it appears THIS side of the brick wall so pretty sure it's just a small bug on the camera super out of focus, not realising a little walk has caused such a paranormal stir!

• Like 2

wow that is just really bad CGI editing you can tell because each time the ghost takes a step it freezes before taking another step like it's lagging or something but everything else in the video is moving normally

I don't believe in ghosts but it looks unexplainable. Looks like the anomaly was blurred over with careful editing, but it moves awkwardly and then that guy comes to have a look. Very weird.

They do an overlay of a person walking, I've seen this before in a Disneyland cctv supposed ghost clip....

I guess what I would like to know is, and notice they NEVER say this part, is, if not filming the ghost....then what WERE they filming? Just filming absolutely nothing happening at that one spot IN CASE something suspect occurs? Reason I tend to have my doubts - just never enough further explanation.

wow that is just really bad CGI editing you can tell because each time the ghost takes a step it freezes before taking another step like it's lagging or something but everything else in the video is moving normally

But seeing the guy that walks over on his way back it also looks like hes lagging to when hes walking

I guess what I would like to know is, and notice they NEVER say this part, is, if not filming the ghost....then what WERE they filming? Just filming absolutely nothing happening at that one spot IN CASE something suspect occurs? Reason I tend to have my doubts - just never enough further explanation.

Wasn't the camera stationary, just looking at the entrance of the castle?

It looks convincing as it's walking the path of a human with human like strides but right at the beginning it appears THIS side of the brick wall so pretty sure it's just a small bug on the camera super out of focus, not realising a little walk has caused such a paranormal stir!

A lot of times this kind of thing is a bug. So, I think you could be right! :tu:

Maybe it is a knock off Harry Potter "partial" invisibility cloak?

Perhaps, as mentioned, an insect on the lens. We have seen distorted interpretations of ufos when insects are in the close field of the lens. As humans, we are designed to scan for potential threats, interpret them, and make a decision based on optimal survival. Always enlightening, if not amusing, to review these videos with the perspective of it is not human, not a threat, and see what emerges as a potential explanation.

Ohh... a good video!

Okay, it's likely no more than some sort of reflection or somesuch on the lens, but it's a rather good bit of "what is it?". What makes it interesting though is the way the form crosses the path, and appears to keep to the edge of the bank at the left of the screen. Just like if it was a person walking....

The thing I noticed was that from the second the object is manifest until the security guard arrives is 17 seconds. Does anyone know the layout of that place and where the guard shack is in relation to the camera? I'm just wondering if IS possible to react that quickly.