Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Famous people who believe in ET and UFOs

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Many high profile individuals over the years have spoken out on their belief that we are being visited.

While many of those who subscribe to the idea that Earth is being visited by an intelligent extraterrestrial race would perhaps prefer to keep it to themselves, there are multiple cases of famous people who have made no secret of their interest in the subject.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-in-et-and-ufos

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I have seen a UFO if you define that as an unidentified flying object.  Doesn't mean I do or don't believe in extraterrestrials, just I saw something in the sky and didn't know what it was.  Obviously a lot of people have.

#3    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

The statement in the article-- that several scientists, astronomers, and astronauts are among those who believe we are not alone-- is misleading. Several means more than two, but not many. In fact, many physicists, astronomers, and other scientifically trained persons accept not  just the vague 'we are not alone' proposition, but also that we are visited by extraterrestrials.
Richard Nixon's remarks-- that he was not at liberty to discuss the governments knowledge of extraterrestrial UFOs, and was still being briefed on the matter, is interesting. I don't recall reading this before. He clearly seems to admit that the government has such knowledge, and that this is too 'sensitive' to reveal. It seems that there was continuing interest by the government in UFOs, since the president was still being briefed.

#4    flbrnt

flbrnt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Believing that there is life elsewhere is not the same as believing we are being visited. Believing Earth has been visited at times during its geological history is not the same as believing it is being visited on a regular basis now. Believing that you have seen something you cannot identify is not the same as believing it is an extraterrestrial craft from Tau Ceti.

#5    bassai26

bassai26

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "Nobody can choose which star to be born under"

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

our universe is such a vast space, if we are alone would you think its such a waste?

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,462 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

View Postbison, on 16 October 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

The statement in the article-- that several scientists, astronomers, and astronauts are among those who believe we are not alone-- is misleading. Several means more than two, but not many. In fact, many physicists, astronomers, and other scientifically trained persons accept not  just the vague 'we are not alone' proposition, but also that we are visited by extraterrestrials.
Richard Nixon's remarks-- that he was not at liberty to discuss the governments knowledge of extraterrestrial UFOs, and was still being briefed on the matter, is interesting. I don't recall reading this before. He clearly seems to admit that the government has such knowledge, and that this is too 'sensitive' to reveal. It seems that there was continuing interest by the government in UFOs, since the president was still being briefed.
Nixon, the man who took crime off the streets and straight into the Whitehouse is certainly not a good example for themto use in an article.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Ah well , if well-known people believe in UFO`s then they must exist.........

#8    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

View Postsergeantflynn, on 16 October 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Ah well , if well-known people believe in UFO`s then they must exist.........

How can they not exist?  You really think we are the only ones around?

Posted Image

#9    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Who knows?  But if indeed extraterrestrials have done and still do visit here, would they have vehicles similar to the drones the government has now, or would they be something entirely different than we can even imagine, and something that perhaps we wouldn't recognize as a vehicle if we saw it in the night sky?  Somehow, if they were that much more advanced over humans, I would think their mode of transportation would be something...more.

#10    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• The Golden age is just a step away

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Alot of what is known as the abducting phenomenon, I know for sure is government/hierarchy related.

Are we alone ?  No. There is something out there of course

Did UFOs appear in ancient times ? possibly

Are authentic UFOs seen today ? possibly. I have even seen one myself, although I don't know if it was man made or not.

Also I don't really agree with the whole "little green men" or "reptilian" aliens. I think real aliens look more human then we think.

#11    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,364 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 16 October 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Nixon, the man who took crime off the streets and straight into the Whitehouse is certainly not a good example for themto use in an article.

Nixon was a boy scout compared to the thieving, piker occupying the place now.

Edited by Merc14, 16 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#12    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,097 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

View Postflbrnt, on 16 October 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Believing that there is life elsewhere is not the same as believing we are being visited. Believing Earth has been visited at times during its geological history is not the same as believing it is being visited on a regular basis now. Believing that you have seen something you cannot identify is not the same as believing it is an extraterrestrial craft from Tau Ceti.
It certainly is misleading.

For example, Hawking (to my knowledge) has never claimed to believe that "we are being visited."
The gist of what Hawking said - and is paraphrased in a very misleading way in the OP story - was that we should not try to contact any alien races - not that they're flying around over our heads.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#13    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,705 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

A lot of famous people believe in various religions as well. Does that imply that they are all true?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#14    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,775 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

That just about Nick`s the Deal !  The "Z" man chimed in with all the Proof we need ! LoL ~ :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#15    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Yes there have been many UFO sightings reported over the years by famous people....and of course being a universally recognisable figure does not afford the witness any more validity than is given to the average Joe !...but nevertheless, there is one well known report from one of the world's best known singer/songwriters... Mr John Winston Lennon.
He gave many accounts of what might be called 'a routine ce1' that he and his 'then' girlfriend May Pang had in 1974.....

...I personally find John and May's sighting pretty convincing ...imo, they both exude sincerity on this matter, and since the object was clearly described as being a tangible object with definite shape and in no way suggests that it could have been some kind of atmospheric anomaly or hallucination [my initial thoughts were of the well documented consummation of illicit substances, but I opine that four independent police and six independent newspaper reports seems to curtail this line of thought.] ..compels me to conclude that it was a genuine UFO sighting....but as usual, something as interesting as this brings out the 'crackpot-element' that sadly accompanies the genre of genuine UFO reports that have a big name associated with them...and that is the $$$ making conspiracy theorists. :no: ...that will invent any ludicrous scenario that might just appeal to a certain breed of credulous book-buyers!!...in this case...John was murdered, not by a psychopathic wannabe,... but by the men in black to stop him talking about UFO's?????

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users