Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do Ouija Boards, Tarot Cards, etc....EVER belong O

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Ladyspirit_guide

Ladyspirit_guide

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:10 AM

As most of you know-I teach Parapsychology Classes now. A sticky point has come up. Not with my students, but the Minister/Owner of The Spiritualist Church where I teach.

I believe that a group of Parapsychologists should bring equipment into cemeteries which will aid in charting, and offering evidence should activity occur. EMF detectors, Cameras, Video equiptment, ect.

Now, some students wanted to bring pendulms into the cemetery. O.k.....it is small, and it can be pocketed in case "outsiders" come nosing around. And people do use pendulms & dowsing rods to locate spirits. But some students wanted to bring a ouija board into the cemetery. I gave that a big "No".

Here are my thoughts.....JUST IN CASE..the cops show-up (and sometimes they do-just to look around), I think "occult" materials, like a ouija board, might hurt our credibility. Seriously, I have no problem using an ouija for an INDOOR investigation, where say, a homeowner has asked for our help. Then a ouija could be used for spiritual contact.

But in the public arena-I say "No"....

The owner/Minister however says "Why not?". We are Spiritualists, after all, and the ouija is one of our tools.

I do not wish to contradict her wishes, or quarrel on such a small point, but what do you guys think?

Ouija in cemeteries.....bad idea? Or go-for-it?

I think if someone wants to bring their cards, or something small-yeah-if they can pocket it.

I dunno-what do you think?                                                      

Look To The Natural Before The Supernatural"

Rev. C. Du Pont

Posted Image

ParaNormal Research

#2    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:22 AM

Wow , what a question .. I say take the board , flittering around hiding pocket sized things could also be detremental to your credibillity . Let the local police force know what you are doing before you do it , most of them will probably show an interest in a positive way . If you are there to investigate then do it all the way there is no point only doing it halfway and having to go back later to do it all over again.

#3    Ladyspirit_guide

Ladyspirit_guide

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:42 AM

thank you for your imput!  grin2.gif  See...I could see during an indoor investigation using a board. But, I was afraid outdoors, at night, in the middle of a cemetery...

But, you make a good point. And, all the students are ladies, and certainly old enough to make judgement calls.

I was worried about our reputation(s), I guess.....

Thank you again                                                      

Look To The Natural Before The Supernatural"

Rev. C. Du Pont

Posted Image

ParaNormal Research

#4    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:46 AM

No problem Ladyspirit guide , it's nice to know that the people involved in spirituall studies are concerned with retaining credabillity  original.gif I say it again keep up the good work  original.gif                                                      

#5    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:31 AM

a bit late, but I agree with Kismit, take the board and any other tools you would like to, but let the police know before hand so they do not mistake you for other less savoury people.

There should be no harm in taking anything like that with you as long as you are there on business, not just playing around.    

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#6    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:29 PM

Hiding things is bad, folks will think you're up to something.

Nothing to see here.

#7    Daughter Of The Goddess

Daughter Of The Goddess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:35 AM

I think things like ouija boards do not belong on ghost hunts.

"With Perfect Love And Perfect Trust"

Tampa Bay Area Paranormal Research Society

Tampa Bay Paranormal Rsearch Society

#8    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 09:14 AM

Welcome aboard Daughter of the Goddess ,
   I hope you enjoy your time here ..
      Can you explain to me as to why you don't think a board should be taken on an investiagation please. original.gif  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users