Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2010: The time of rapture?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1    F. Mulder

F. Mulder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• "I want to believe"

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:12 PM

I have been a christian all my life and the chapter revalations talks about the end of the world. It says that the rapture will occur and Jesus will take all of the bielivers to heaven. The main question is when? I was at church one day and it hit me, the pasture said "I believe that the rapture will occur soon because all what is happening." 9/11, the Sanfrancisco and Turkey earthquakes, SARS and AIDS outbreaks, nuclear weapon programs, the invasion of Iraq and Afganiston, the bombings in London, and these are just recent. Think about it, The Manhaton project, and in the bible, it talks about the water boiling, that's what occurs when a thermo-nuclear bomb goes off. So, it seems that the rapture will happen sometime in the near future, but when? Well, the Aztec calendar ends on the year 2010, and that seems like a great time for every beiliever to go to heaven, and the anti-christ comes to earth. Im not trying to scare anyone, im just saying that all the world might go to hell (literaly) in the year 2010. It might be the time when nuclear war breaks out.

#2    Irish

Irish

“The Mod Father”

• 4,932 posts

• Practice Random Acts of Kindness, they return to you!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:16 PM

Well you must have some insight there! disgust.gif

Math 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Most people do not want to know the truth they only want confirmation for what they think is truth.

#3    NJC

NJC

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:19 PM

f.mulder don't forget about the tsunami that killed thousands

#4    F. Mulder

F. Mulder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• "I want to believe"

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:22 PM

Oh yeah, thanks NJC. It stinks, because i'll only be 18 in 2010.

#5    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,424 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005
    Have a SUPER SPARKLEY DAY

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:29 PM

Um well sure ok....but do you know how many date have been stated are the "End" there have been hundreds....what are you expecting exactly anyway? not to be funny but what is the 'end of days' suppose to entail anyway? How will anyone know if they are following the right god? Is there going to be some awesome just knowledge that comes over people? I can't imagine that news story when/if this Jesus comes back!!! do you think there will be mass panic? fear? or contentment? in honesty even those of you who are devout christians can you really be sure  your going up and not down?

Commit random acts of kindness

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

#6    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

GASP! Vesuvius blew up a couple of thousands of years ago!  Mt. Rainier blew up a thousand years ago!  There was a tsunami worse then the one that hit indochina just 300 years ago...

My point?  Natural disasters happen, in fold...  for millions or billions of years this earth had been here.. there has been natural disasters. That does not mean the end of the world, or the rapture.

As for wars and nukes...  wars have been going on since man settled into villages and formed tribes and countries.  It's a fact that humans are rather aggressive animals. that does not mean it's the end of the world.  Nukes is just another weapon made for war.

diseases as well have been something along humanity.  We're on par with SARS and AIDS as the mideviel folk were with syphilis and the plague. Was it the rapture then? No.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#7    NJC

NJC

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

mt. saint helens  erupted

#8    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(NJC @ Jul 29 2005, 11:01 PM)
mt. saint helens  erupted

View Post

Ohnos.. it's the end of the world...  rolleyes.gif

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and

#9    F. Mulder

F. Mulder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• "I want to believe"

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:29 PM

Well, first off, it is the christian belief. I'm not saying i am absolutly right, it's just what feels right. Well, if you want to know what happens, just look in the bible. What will probably happen is that things are going to get mondo horrible, plauge, war, essentaly when all hell breaks loose. Then there will be a beacon of hope as the heavenly father comes to earth, and everyone will slip out of conciousness and thier sould will ascend to heaven. That is in my mind, what will happen.

#10    F. Mulder

F. Mulder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• "I want to believe"

Well, first off, it is the christian belief. I'm not saying i am absolutly right, it's just what feels right. Well, if you want to know what happens, just look in the bible. What will probably happen is that things are going to get mondo horrible, plauge, war, essentaly when all hell breaks loose. Then there will be a beacon of hope as the heavenly father comes to earth, and everyone will slip out of conciousness and thier sould will ascend to heaven. That is in my mind, what will happen.

#11    F. Mulder

F. Mulder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• "I want to believe"

#12    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:35 PM

one more time. I didn't get that.

And as I've said MANY times before.. You get out of prophacies what you put in them.  So if you wanna look at a book and say "Hmm... alot of stuff that's going on now... looks like... what it says will happen... IT MUST BE TRUE!"

GUESS WHAT!  This kinda crap has been going on for millenias.. which means... NOTHING!  That's right... not a damned thing aside.. life goes on.  And on and on and on.

We're just so connected with radio, tv, the web that we know about more and more outbreaks and desasters that it just looks like things are in chaotic array.  When really... it's been like this for a very very long time.

#13    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,410 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:23 AM

Sometimes I wish the world would end so I wouldn't have to here about it anymore.    
I believe the calender you speak of is the Maya calender that ends in 2012.  It ends because it is time to make a new calender.  They didn't go past that I would guess, because they figured future generations would take care of it.  We would know for sure if the missionaries hadn't burnt all the books of the Maya people.    
You have to remember we are living on Earth mock two. The first Earth was hit by a planet.  That is where the moon came from.  So much stuff was ejected it all coaliest in to the moon.  So will the Earth come to an end yes. All good things must come to an end.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#14    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:32 AM

It's funny how they'll dismiss archeological evidence of certain things like dinosuars, human evolution, and certain religious artifacts...

But if one thing like the mayan calander can be screwed into thier little vision of the end of the world.. then the biblical "prophacy" must be true!!

#15    riotboy555

riotboy555

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

• Quick, for God's sake, cut off the lights.

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:36 AM

If you're a Christian, why are you looking at he Aztec calendar?

[edit] The Aztecs had two calendars- one was a cycle of 260 days, and the other was a 365 day cycle. Perhaps you are talking about the Mayan calendar?

QUOTE(F. Mulder)
Well, the Aztec calendar ends on the year 2010, and that seems like a great time for every beiliever to go to heaven, and the anti-christ comes to earth.

Edited by riotboy555, 30 July 2005 - 01:42 AM.

"We're here to rock you all, no matter what you believe in."-refused
*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details. :(

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." - Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users