Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frogs in milk could lead to new drugs

Big Bad Voodoo

Fascinating L , a lot of old home 'remedies' worked... now we have means to learn HOW they worked. Not sure i could drink 'frogged' milk though.. *gag*

• Like 2

i suppose if it tasted ok id give it a go....but how many frogs would it take to fill a glass ?

• Like 1

this is so cool, i think there will be loads of benefits from this when researched and used for other purposes

• Like 2

It displeases me that this research in being done in China. I think this is a negative reflection on our drug industry. It seems in the US we have a bias for chemicals, not nature?

One of my grandchildren carries Mercia (sp?) and I would be very happy if this would resolve that problem.

I'm rather gratified to read that the headline writer shied away from telling us that this could spawn a whole new family of drugs! (Sorry)

But fancy having to strain out the amphibian poo before you can make your bedtime cocoa - Not sure about that!

s11241.gif

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 4

I heard this over the radio the other day, apparently in medieval/ancient times they believed to place a frog in their bucket of milk would keep it from spoiling. Now we're finding out the bacteria produced from one can do such a thing.. it amazes me how smart some people from so long ago without modern technology to help them through their studies could be.

• Like 2

Fascinating L , a lot of old home 'remedies' worked... now we have means to learn HOW they worked. Not sure i could drink 'frogged' milk though.. *gag*

More and more they are finding. Wisdom in the old ways.

• Like 2

I heard this over the radio the other day, apparently in medieval/ancient times they believed to place a frog in their bucket of milk would keep it from spoiling. Now we're finding out the bacteria produced from one can do such a thing.. it amazes me how smart some people from so long ago without modern technology to help them through their studies could be.

yup, people, in general, are smart.. i guess, and observant . Someone noticed that the milk with the frog found in the bottom stayed fresh longer than usual?

so... they tried it again and it still worked !*

It's like Yogi Berra said.... " sometimes you can see a lot , just by looking " :)

• Like 2

If I drank frog-laced milk I think I would "croak" :w00t:

• Like 7

People have been licking frogs for years .No biggie ,especially if it helps !

Yes ! Utterly shocking,isn't it !

yup, people, in general, are smart.. i guess, and observant . Someone noticed that the milk with the frog found in the bottom stayed fresh longer than usual?

It's like Yogi Berra said.... " sometimes you can see a lot , just by looking " :)

People may be smart, I suppose, but… Intelligent? Now, that's a different story! (>_<)

• Like 1

I heard this over the radio the other day, apparently in medieval/ancient times they believed to place a frog in their bucket of milk ...

Was the frog alive,dead or "they didn't care"? Ewww. <_<

Observation, experiments and thought experiments are foundations of our science.

• Like 1

I wonder what frog flavoured milk tasted like now...

In one part of my country Frogs are common food. Tried. It tastes like chiken.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

Frogs in milk,don't think you'll see that one in StarBucks...

• Like 2

I wonder what frog flavoured milk tasted like now...

I could only imagine bitter-not-so-sweet? lol

Was the frog alive,dead or "they didn't care"? Ewww. <_<

I'd like to believe dead for the frogs sake. However though, I don't know if the bacteria needed to keep the milk from spoiling may be produced, even after the frog has deceased.. nonetheless; this topic really interests me.

:3

Edited by xTc i_i

The frog don't drown?

As in water, I'm sure they would keep their head above the surface, and float about. Assuming they didn't kill the frog beforehand, but now the more I think of it; frog guts with milk seems a bit unlikely, even for them. xD

• Like 1

But they would pee in the milk also...eeeeeuuuuuuu

• Like 1

Frogs in milk,don't think you'll see that one in StarBucks...

Hey ,Starbucks are the ones coloring all red drinks with dyes extracted from bugs . You never know .

• Like 1

Well most of us eat bee vomit and some people frogs legs and tequila has a moth lava so I suppose a frog in milk is okay. :su

• Like 5