Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

does anyone else feel a change is coming?

telirium

is it just me or has anyone else been waiting for something monumental to take place? maybe social chaos? maybe ufo contact? maybe time travel? or maybe its all just wishful thinking? but if thats the case then i want to know why i have these, at times, overwhelming feelings of a desire for a change of pace?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• John from Lowell

• BlackFrost

• Silmarillion

Something monumental happens every day - I get up. But seriously, monumental things happen all the time. And overall, the earth is a wonderful place. But with regard to the human system? I (and many others before me) liken the U.S. to Rome. I always teach my students that countries and Empires have a life cycle. And that the average lifespan of a great power is approximately 250 years, on average. Thomas Jefferson said it this way: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

So, given the lifespan of a great power, I'd conclude that the U.S. has peaked and is on its way down (though I think George Bush expedited its demise by about 50 years). China and Asia, well this region is on the upswing (after 600 years in the doldrums). Europe, well Europe in uniting has gotten stronger, but Europe will suffer with environmental changes. Europe will eventually have to allow Russia and Siberia to become members of the EU. Siberia may become the breadbasket of the world. The other factor in the equation is global warming, which is starting to exert pressure onto human systems everywhere. That may be the pressure you are feeling.

is it just me or has anyone else been waiting for something monumental to take place? maybe social chaos? maybe ufo contact? maybe time travel? or maybe its all just wishful thinking? but if thats the case then i want to know why i have these, at times, overwhelming feelings of a desire for a change of pace?
Edited by lmbeharry

I would agree lmbeharry. The US is definitely in decline and there are several factors helping this along. China has been an emerging superpower for a while and recently the way they save without spending from all the products they are selling to the US puts the US at a disadvantage. That relationship is also causing the US dollar to further be devalued. Russia is stable but I would consider the EU as the emerging superpower of the continent.

Edited by Clovis

I would have to agree with Imbeharry and Clovis. The only change I see or feel coming is the fall of the United States. If what Imbeharry says about George Bush putting the fall at roughly 50 years, however, that kind of frightens me. I still have more than fifty years left to live, provided the end of the world doesn't come in 2012 like everyone seems to think it will.

Gas prices are high as it is, and before long, there will likely be people who can't get to work because of it, or people who cannot pay other bills or provide food for their families, just because they need a way to get to work. For those who might cry out things like "Take a city bus" "carpool" or "Walk or ride your bike", it's not that easy. Especially where I live. In a county with maybe ten thousand folks, there are very few people who work in the same place, or if they do, live within a close distance of each other. We do not have city buses: in fact, Little Rock and Hot Springs are the only cities I know of with public transportation. Eureka Springs probably has it too. And riding your bike or walking? Not so easy.

The slipping of our economy and the raising of prices to accompany that is already putting the country in ruin. Here in rural Arkansas, with gas approaching $3.50, you can either put five dollars in your tank and hope you can get back to forth from your home to the local grocery store a few times, or you can buy a gallon of milk without having to run to the nearest Wal-Mart, which is roughly twenty to thirty minutes away, depending on traffic.

Yes! I definitely think change will occur soon, and not a moment too soon!

Europe, well Europe in uniting has gotten stronger

I kinda prefered it as it was, the individual countries seemed to have more identity before the EU came rolling in...

I have no reasonable objection to the EU, but some sort of instinct seems to make me regard it with suspicion...

Off TOPIC...Your avatar is freaky, seriously creeping me out! :unsure: LOL what is it?

Edited by muddpuppy

The only change I see or feel coming is the fall of the United States

Governments fall.

Massive populations with massive resources and massive amounts of weaponry do not fall, they either change their rulers or they go down fighting taking massive amounts of other populations with them.

In a nuclear and advanced bio-warfare age the latter event is not something sane people in the world should wish for.

Hope for an end to corruption and a new government that actually serves the people in the USA and not international investors.

Hope for an end to corruption and a new government that actually serves the people in the USA and not international investors.

Yes that is my hope as well. I do think the US recession will effect the global economy. We are a global community even if most of us do not see it that way.

I think the real change will come from the people. They will start to make choices on their own and not as a result of being brainwashed by others. This process will be gradual because it is hard to accept how easily we allow ourselves to be influenced by those who seek power and wealth at our expense.

So as I see it, the recession will be the start of a great awakening for humanity.

John

I feel it. Nothing like time travel or anything like that. But I feel a huge travesty coming along. Billions of people dying kinda travesty. meh *shrugs* I could just be loopy. I hope I'm just loopy.

Hm, arent they going to turn on the Large Hadron Collider soon? Parhaps something happens then?

I can't remember the exact date but i think it's sometime this year.

WERE ALL GONNA DIE... Or maybe not... :P

If you are getting a feeling like the winds of change are upon you, It maybe something huge that affects all of human kind, or it maybe just confined to your life only.You just never know till it is upon you.The most likely culprit at this time would have to be another large scale war.

Edited by jonny b

I feel it. Nothing like time travel or anything like that. But I feel a huge travesty coming along. Billions of people dying kinda travesty. meh *shrugs* I could just be loopy. I hope I'm just loopy.

hah right after i posted and used the words winds of change i saw your sig.Funny.................................. :)

No one knows me on this site anymore.

Before I left I was a very prominant member, and known across this board for my skeptism and enthusiastic logics.

I just spent a year travelling around the world, living in small villages in jungles and mountains, talking with very wise people. And they all say the same thing.

And from everything, everything i've learned while i've been away, from the deepest truths and beginnings of religion to the ultimate change of Age we are about to embrace has convinced me fully. Convinced a man who just a year ago called himself the very definition of Skeptic, that great change is imminent.

Before I left I was a very prominant member, and known across this board for my skeptism and enthusiastic logics.

I just spent a year travelling around the world, living in small villages in jungles and mountains, talking with very wise people. And they all say the same thing.

And from everything, everything i've learned while i've been away, from the deepest truths and beginnings of religion to the ultimate change of Age we are about to embrace has convinced me fully. Convinced a man who just a year ago called himself the very definition of Skeptic, that great change is imminent.

Wow... um.. wow that's... Yeah. That's surprising coming from you. What do you feel is going to "change"? Human consciousness? And do they all honestly feel this around globally?

Its called if Hillary Clinton becomes president... men are are deep ****. LMAO! Just kidding...

I feel the same way. Something big is about to happen. What? I have no idea. Perhaps its the demise of the U.S.? Who knows... right now the U.S. is in a depression. Gas prices keep sky rocketing, as well as oil. Its hard to find a decent job these days. Unless you spend years in college, its hard to survive out there. You need a roommate to afford an apartment. Sales tax is higher than ever. Even in places where tax use to be low. That's why people were moving out of the big cities. But now those areas are becoming tourist states. There's a story by Fox News that we are 50/50 right now with global warming and a new ice age. You can thank Bush for the demise of the U.S. I think all politics can agree with that. The last good president we had in my own opinion was JFK? Has anyone else really made a difference in change? Just the S.O.S.

If the government doesn't stop medaling with world affairs that have nothing to do with us, the U.S. is going to be one of the poor countries and maybe be asking Russia for a loan soon.

I feel a change is needed too! :D

Welcome back Burnside!

Edited by Pluto-x

Thank you.

btw I think Global Warming is an incorrect term. It refers to Global Climate Change, which is more likely to result in a new Ice Age than a super hot Age. We're had Ice Ages like this before, hell there was one time when a deep Ice Age came so quickly we're stull uncovering Mammoth remains frozen in the act of eating grass. So man made or not, a super Ice Age is possible and probable. No doubt we're helping speed that along.

But I think GCC is a byproduct of our unhealthy living, it doesn't actually connect with whatever great Change is imminent. What do I think is happening? Impossible to say. Alot of wise men and Shamans throughout the world tell of a new age of Enlightenment we're supposed to be entering, telling stories of how the last great civilizations on earth, such as the fabled Atlantis, existed 13,000 years ago when the world was last tilted with the rest of of our solar system towards the great center of the Universe and the central Sun to which all solar systems and galaxies revolve in the same way our Earth orbits the sun. It takes our System 26,000 years to orbit the Super Sun, and half that time we are in the darkness and half that time we are in the light. For the last 13,000 years we have been Orbiting in darkness, tilted away from the super sun, and as such we have been killing each other, ourselves, and our Earth on an almost constant basis, like primordial animals grunting and polluting. 2012 marks the new Age of enlightenment, and, well.. that's it. Maybe we'll enter a new concious awareness or something, we can only wait and see.

I've also heard theories that we're all about to go bonkers and tear each other apart, so, well, comooooooon enlightenment!

Wow.. that was a lot to take in! LOL...

I agree... you just feel like something is going to happen. You don't know what, but you get an over whelming sensation of.... ????

Something you can't explain.

Maybe only certain people are connected to this feeling? Or is it the world is so oblivious to what's really going on? I lean towards the world is oblivious to what's really going on. A lot of people are in their own little crazy world, and blind to see the BIG PICTURE. I admit, at times I am caught up in my own drama, that I forget that life is supposed to be abundance.

Edit: Post Removed.

Please do not troll the forums with non intelligent posts.

BurnSide

Edited by BurnSide

Well, most of the world lives in a state of perpetual ignorance, and consider it bliss.

Bliss that they don't know the truth of their corrupt governments and fake religions and content to just take life and living as it is at face value. With that kind of unconnection to life and actual living, it's no wonder they don't feel things.

My buddy believes some kind of concious shift is imminent or occuring already, where we'll start to see the emergence of, well, psychic energy is probably the wrong term for it, but something like that. In Peru a group of men told me about how, 13,000 years ago, man and animal communicated brilliantly without words, just by thought. But the dark Age we have lived in suppressed that.

Many also believe there are frequencies to existance, sort of like radio waves. Which explains certain evidences like Quantum physics popping into our frequency of perception and out again. After all, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, so where does it come from/go? SO perhaps some are more intune to the other frequencies of existance, which is why we feel a change or will be changed by it...

I remember you. It's interesting that you were able to take a year off to travel and learn. Can you elaborate? Are you now less skeptical? What have you come to believe in?

I elaborated in my last two posts. :)

Well, most of the world lives in a state of perpetual ignorance, and consider it bliss.

Bliss that they don't know the truth of their corrupt governments and fake religions and content to just take life and living as it is at face value. With that kind of unconnection to life and actual living, it's no wonder they don't feel things.

I agree. I do see this changing with the increase in discussion groups like UM. The idea of having compassion for all that we are, will go a long way toward making this ride an easy one.

My buddy believes some kind of concious shift is imminent or occuring already, where we'll start to see the emergence of, well, psychic energy is probably the wrong term for it, but something like that. In Peru a group of men told me about how, 13,000 years ago, man and animal communicated brilliantly without words, just by thought. But the dark Age we have lived in suppressed that.

This area will shift more easily once we accept that we live in a culture that pratices deception. Most of us have been conditioned to think our survival depends on presenting what we think others wish to hear. The desire to be open and authentic will take a while to catch on IMO.

Many also believe there are frequencies to existance, sort of like radio waves. Which explains certain evidences like Quantum physics popping into our frequency of perception and out again. After all, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, so where does it come from/go? SO perhaps some are more intune to the other frequencies of existance, which is why we feel a change or will be changed by it...

Yes energy concepts. I think we are energy beings much more than we are physical beings. Once we as a culture learn to control how we feel about life, a lot of other things will change.