Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UN urges people to eat insects

insects eat world hunger diet supplement

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#121    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,500 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

View Postskookum, on 15 May 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Well I am about to stick my two fingers up to the UN and people who tell me how to live my life.

Whats the betting that after they discussed this they all went for a very expense meal in a top hotel?

Touché !

#122    hammerclaw

hammerclaw

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

• "A reverence for life does not require a man to respect Nature's obvious mistakes." Robert Heinlein

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostCoffey, on 13 May 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Or don't eat meat full stop. LOL

I'm sure vegetables, nuts and fruit don't disgust people as much as insects.

http://michaelblueja...nvironment.html

Farming meat is really bad for the environment etc. Especially on the scale we do in the western world. It also leads to inhumane treatment of animals. The Meat industrial complex doesn't care about the treatment of the animals, they care about figures. Another reason they have been proven to lie and show false evidence of how you need meat in your diet etc.

If people want to eat meat that is their choice I won't tell people what to eat, people are free to choose what they eat. But nobody can say you need it to be healthy cause that has been proven false by thousands of people.
Sorry, dude but most people were not cut out for a diet of tofu and bee spit. Enjoy your greens.

#123    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

View Postdanielost, on 15 May 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

There are some problems.  First you still have grow food to feed to the insects.  Second I understand their best eaten live. Third how many grasshoppers make a serving.  /

I saw a study a few years ago and I don’t remember its name but it said that for every 10kg of feed we only get 1kg of beef, or 3kg of pork, or 5kg of chicken, but for 10kg of feed we get 9kg of locus. It is more cost effective to feed locus then other types of protein.

They don’t have to be eaten alive. They can be cooked in many different ways.

Gram for gram grasshoppers and other insects have more protein then red meat, so we would need less then the average serving size then red meat with is 6oz-8oz..

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#124    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,406 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 13 May 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Assuming you're not a vegetarian...difference between an insect and a chicken? Both living things.
The taste and texture.  I've had insect once, and I was not impressed.

#125    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

i saw it on tv it was beyond disgusting
instead of taking money from people who own millions and throw away their food half eaten
they encourage people to eat insects ? .. jeez

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#126    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Posthammerclaw, on 16 May 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

Sorry, dude but most people were not cut out for a diet of tofu and bee spit. Enjoy your greens.

Well that's a very narrow minded view of it. i enjoy loads of wonderful fruit. But if you are eating nay processed food or un organic/free range meat... You enjoy your cancer chemicals and I'll eat my natural food that nature provides.

View Postdanielost, on 15 May 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

I would say it is the running not the eating that is helping him be healthy.

He hasn't always been running marathons, he started doing that 7 years ago to donate to the British heart foundation after my step dad died. (had a heart attack)

He has been vegan all his life.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#127    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

direct from the "UN", folks..
..i hope people are putting all this together

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#128    Der

Der

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostCoffey, on 15 May 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

He is 57, he was very close friends with my Step dad who would also be 58 if he was still alive. My step dad died from a heart attack caused by high blood pressure. He ate a lot of meat. This guy is like an uncle more than a friend. He runs marathons and mountain biking (xc) etc. He is very very healthy.

View PostCoffey, on 16 May 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Well that's a very narrow minded view of it. i enjoy loads of wonderful fruit. But if you are eating nay processed food or un organic/free range meat... You enjoy your cancer chemicals and I'll eat my natural food that nature provides.

If eating meat is so damn unhealthy, then how do you explain that most people do it without health issues?

My dad was born with a heart disease that makes him more prone to suffering heart attacks, and yet has never had one despite being a meat eater for all of his life. He's still alive and in his late 60s.

Edited by Der, 16 May 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#129    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostDer, on 16 May 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

If eating meat is so damn unhealthy, then how do you explain that most people do it without health issues?

My dad was born with a heart disease that makes him more prone to suffering heart attacks, and yet has never had one despite being a meat eater for all of his life. He's still alive and in his late 60s.

I never said eating meat is unhealthy. (eating too much is though) I was making the point that you can be healthy without eating meat.

Also eating meat from industrial farming is definitely unhealthy as it's filled with chemicals that cause all sorts of health problems, just like industrial crop farms.

#130    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostCoffey, on 16 May 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I never said eating meat is unhealthy. (eating too much is though) I was making the point that you can be healthy without eating meat.

Also eating meat from industrial farming is definitely unhealthy as it's filled with chemicals that cause all sorts of health problems, just like industrial crop farms.
i don't care what science says ... you eat much meat you get great strong body
protein is life !
however i noticed lot of vegeterians have weaker bodies who often get sick much
must be lack of meat !

not insect meat though bleech

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots

#131    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,586 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

The sad thing is that, forests are being destroyed for cattle that is used for meat.

#132    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 16 May 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

i don't care what science says ... you eat much meat you get great strong body
protein is life !
however i noticed lot of vegeterians have weaker bodies who often get sick much
must be lack of meat !

not insect meat though bleech

Posted Image

You are so wrong it's hilarious. Most vegans and vegetarians are healthy and strong compared to most people who eat meat. Without a decent  amount of exercise meat can be dangerous.

Also Vegans/Vegetarians get protein. lol You can get better protein in fact.

Spirulina contains 1g protein per 5 calories. Which is only 0.5 calories away form Chicken or Turkey breast.

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 16 May 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

The sad thing is that, forests are being destroyed for cattle that is used for meat.

On top of that, it costs far more resources and water to farm cattle. You can feed the starving 5x over if you switched most farms from cattle to crop. Could completely get rid of starvation and hunger in the world.

Edited by Coffey, 16 May 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#133    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,500 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 16 May 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

i don't care what science says ... you eat much meat you get great strong body.
protein is life !

Eating loads of protein does not build muscle tissue. What does result in loads of muscle tissue? Exercise !

Everyone asks vegans, "where do you get your protein? That's not a cause for concern, protein is found in lots of different foods. The question you should be asking is "where do you get your fat?" Now that can be a difficulty.

#134    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

View Postredhen, on 16 May 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Eating loads of protein does not build muscle tissue. What does result in loads of muscle tissue? Exercise !

Everyone asks vegans, "where do you get your protein? That's not a cause for concern, protein is found in lots of different foods. The question you should be asking is "where do you get your fat?" Now that can be a difficulty.
who doesn't love that fatty piece of meat ?

View PostCoffey, on 16 May 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

You are so wrong it's hilarious. Most vegans and vegetarians are healthy and strong compared to most people who eat meat. Without a decent  amount of exercise meat can be dangerous.

Also Vegans/Vegetarians get protein. lol You can get better protein in fact.

Spirulina contains 1g protein per 5 calories. Which is only 0.5 calories away form Chicken or Turkey breast.

On top of that, it costs far more resources and water to farm cattle. You can feed the starving 5x over if you switched most farms from cattle to crop. Could completely get rid of starvation and hunger in the world.
god damn that's a vegan ?
he is bald .. there you have it .. coz he doesn't eat meat

#135    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 16 May 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

who doesn't love that fatty piece of meat ?

god damn that's a vegan ?
he is bald .. there you have it .. coz he doesn't eat meat

OK then:

Posted Image

lol.

There are some massive Vegan Body builders and their skin generally looks healthier than non vegan body builders if you compare them..

View Postredhen, on 16 May 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Yip, definitely something difficult.

Edited by Coffey, 16 May 2013 - 10:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users