Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

National Atomic Testing Museum Sept. 22.

Hi all!

September could be a interesting month at the National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas according to museum CEO and executive director Allan Palmer, himself a highly decorated former Air Force and Navy combat jet fighter....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/01/ufo-secrets-revealed_n_1843040.html

apparently there are going to be hitherto unseen "UFO Secrets" revealed,

There appears to be five hand picked speakers, all of whom have strong affiliations with the military and are of impeccable character!

Ret. Army Col. John Alexander: Former military insider who created Advanced Theoretical Physics -- a group of top-level government officials and scientists brought together to study UFOs.

Ret. Air Force Col. Charles Halt: Former base commander of the RAF Bentwaters military base in England and vital eyewitness to the amazing UFO-related events at Rendlesham Forest in December 1980, where he believed the observed UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin.

Ret. Air Force Col. William Coleman: Former public information officer for the Air Force's Project Blue Book UFO study.

Ret. Air Force Col. Robert Friend: Former director of the Air Force's Project Blue Book from 1958 to 1963.

The fifth guest at the museum's upcoming UFO lecture is former U.K. UFO desk officer Nick Pope.

....Should be worth a visit for anyone in the vicinity!

Cheers.

• Like 3

Now that's interesting. Col. William Coleman has a great deal of UFO information, and was involved with the investigation for many years. He was Robert Emenegger's contact in the Pentagon when he made his documentary about UFOs.

I wonder if Col. Friend will discuss that incident when they tried to make telepathic contact with the aliens? I think he knows a lot too, but never told it all.

• Like 1

The first UFO report involving a nuclear facility that I ever saw was from Oak Ridge in 1944, around the time that production was beginning at the gaseous diffusion plant that was producing uranium for the atomic bomb, and they were also seen over the plutonium plant at Hanford in 1945. That is one big consistence in UFO reports--their interest in all things nuclear.

• Like 1

The first UFO report involving a nuclear facility that I ever saw was from Oak Ridge in 1944, around the time that production was beginning at the gaseous diffusion plant that was producing uranium for the atomic bomb, and they were also seen over the plutonium plant at Hanford in 1945. That is one big consistence in UFO reports--their interest in all things nuclear.

If your ever in Albq, New Mexico they have a wonderful Atomic museum also !

post-68971-0-90231000-1346555981_thumb.j

Now that's interesting. Col. William Coleman has a great deal of UFO information, and was involved with the investigation for many years. He was Robert Emenegger's contact in the Pentagon when he made his documentary about UFOs.

I wonder if Col. Friend will discuss that incident when they tried to make telepathic contact with the aliens? I think he knows a lot too, but never told it all.

Thanks for the replies MacGuffin, and yes I agree that it is a great handful of guests, and i'm truly disappointed that I wont be there to hear what they have to say first hand, ..and I also realise that because of these guys background and experiences that they have probably forgotten more than the average researcher will ever know on the subject.And I would be interested to know how far Col Alexander got with his Amnesty from being 'sworn to secrecy' for military UFO witnesses.....I doubt that it will ever happen though!

Cheers.

Edited by 1963

Hi MacGuffin!...Thanks for the information buddy, I have known that there is a distinct correlation between nuclear facilities and UFO's for a long time, and according to this Rense article, perhaps there is an awful lot of information to be revealed by the Atomic Energy Commission..?

http://rense.com/general20/fo.htm

Cheers buddy.

• Like 1

Hi MacGuffin!...Thanks for the information buddy, I have known that there is a distinct correlation between nuclear facilities and UFO's for a long time, and according to this Rense article, perhaps there is an awful lot of information to be revealed by the Atomic Energy Commission..?

Cheers buddy.

Hey 1963,

nice thread mate, I hope everyone doesnt focus on Nick pope and ignore the other guest speakers.....(I guess like a lion would pick on the weakest of the bunch to launch the attack) :)

have a look at the tantalising testimony thread as there is a similar discussion going on there, although here may be a more apporpriate place to continue the conversation.

(hope all is well by the way) :tu:

I suspect that HuffPost will report on this event. I check their UFO forum every day and they always have interesting news there.

Cheers buddy.

They knew even back then that UFOs showed up for every nuclear test, including the Bikini tests in 1946. They were even seen over Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the blasts, and regularly reported around any facilities and bases that designed, tested or stored nuclear weapons. There are quite a few declassified documents about these incidents, at least from the 1940s and 1950s.

Doc-1-Maj-Carland-re-Hanford.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies MacGuffin, and yes I agree that it is a great handful of guests, and i'm truly disappointed that I wont be there to hear what they have to say first hand, ..and I also realise that because of these guys background and experiences that they have probably forgotten more than the average researcher will ever know on the subject.And I would be interested to know how far Col Alexander got with his Amnesty from being 'sworn to secrecy' for military UFO witnesses.....I doubt that it will ever happen though!

That is just more proof that governments can indeed keep secrets for decades if they want to, although when it comes to UFOs they also seem to permit leaks every once in a while and partial disclosure of information.

We really do have quite a few older documents that confirm UFO interest in all things nuclear, although as with everything else in this field I'm sure that a lot more information remains classified. If it was ever leaked to the public at all, it was done in very unconventional ways, like through Hollywood contacts and things like that.

Edward Ruppelt said that the UFO investigation was always very active any time there were atomic tests, and that it would be standing by to collect any information that it could since they were certain the UFOs would always show up for these. In my posts, I have linked several UFO flaps to periods when nuclear tests were being conducted and I have no doubt that there are many more incidents that we don't know about.

• Like 2

I found an interesting article about UFO visits to various nuclear facilities, which were very well documented in the official records available to us:

"In fact, a confidential Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC) “Summary of Information,” dated Oct. 21, 1950, concerning “Objects Sighted Over Oak Ridge, Tennessee,” reveals that a UFO had been first sighted and photographed around that restricted area on June 1947, right at the beginning of the flying saucer modern era. The FBI memo quoted in our previous article, regarding the opinions of an army nuclear technician at Oak Ridge, gives further details about these photos. It says that after submitting it to thorough analysis,government experts determined “that the photographs were, without doubt, authentic.”

The document also reveals that when the security authorities of Oak Ridge learned that the photographer had distributed several prints “among his acquaintances at Oak Ridge,” orders were given immediately “to recover as many as possible of the photographs, advise the persons in whose possession they were found to say nothing to anyone concerning them, and to return the said photographs to him for transmission to the United States Air Force Intelligence Service.” Although the photos would be later officially labeled “the result of accident or purposeful hoax,” it is interesting to note that, according to the CIC Summary of Information, “some officials at Atomic Energy Commission question the veracity of this statement. They also believe it significant that the Air Force did not return the negative of this print.”

Again in June 1949, and on every day between March 1st and 6th, 1950, there were new reports of UFOs flying over the restricted area of Oak Ridge. But the highest security alert would take place later on that year, on October 12, 13, 15 and 16, when several unidentified objects were both detected on radar and seen by a number of competent witnesses which included AEC security personnel and civilian employees at the AEC Oak Ridge facilities. Fighter jets were scrambled on at least two occasions, but “made unsuccessful passes” and “could see nothing.”

http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=m99uEJQ-wMSgNM:&imgrefurl=http://www.openminds.tv/ufos-over-atomic-plants-part-2/&imgurl=http://www.openminds.tv/wp-content/uploads/1_Hanford_N_Reactor_adjusted_web.jpg&w=400&h=298&ei=zM9EUNSRFsag2gXYnYCQBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=192&vpy=159&dur=46&hovh=194&hovw=260&tx=148&ty=72&sig=114704889851551226570&page=1&tbnh=153&tbnw=204&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:76

• Like 3

If you guys happen to find a video of this event, please post it here!

Hey 1963,

nice thread mate, I hope everyone doesnt focus on Nick pope and ignore the other guest speakers.....(I guess like a lion would pick on the weakest of the bunch to launch the attack) :)

have a look at the tantalising testimony thread as there is a similar discussion going on there, although here may be a more apporpriate place to continue the conversation.

(hope all is well by the way) :tu:

Hi Quillius, all is well my friend and sincerely hope that life is just a ball for you and yours too buddy! :tu:

And yes I share your concerns about the scenario of people using 'Nick Pope' as a lame excuse to label the event as a 'non-starter' without considering the value of the other prestigiously well-placed and experienced speakers.

Because in my humble opinion, to do so would be to demonstrate whether or not the correct amount of open-mindedness was being applied to the very aim that we all claim to have on this subject!

btw, Q, I do drop by Zozer's threads quite often...he is a refreshing and exuberant poster, that with whom I may have slightly different interpretations of events with from time to time,,but is not too far away from my own position on the ETH. :yes:

Cheers buddy.

• Like 1

Hi MacGuffin!

Some nice posting there my friend! :tu: ...You sure know your stuff, are you sure that you are not really Robert Hastings? lol.

I have just read this interesting article about a huge cigar shaped UFO sighted above F.E. Warren Air Force Base, in Cheyenne, Wyoming during "a malfunction in communication with 50 of its Minuteman III nuclear missiles". from Mr Hastings' site, ...

http://www.ufohastings.com/articles/huge-ufo-sighted-near-nuclear-missiles-during-october-2010-launch-system-disruption

Cheers buddy.

Hi all!

September could be a interesting month at the National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas according to museum CEO and executive director Allan Palmer, himself a highly decorated former Air Force and Navy combat jet fighter....

http://www.huffingto..._n_1843040.html

apparently there are going to be hitherto unseen "UFO Secrets" revealed,

There appears to be five hand picked speakers, all of whom have strong affiliations with the military and are of impeccable character!

Ret. Army Col. John Alexander: Former military insider who created Advanced Theoretical Physics -- a group of top-level government officials and scientists brought together to study UFOs.

Ret. Air Force Col. Charles Halt: Former base commander of the RAF Bentwaters military base in England and vital eyewitness to the amazing UFO-related events at Rendlesham Forest in December 1980, where he believed the observed UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin.

Ret. Air Force Col. William Coleman: Former public information officer for the Air Force's Project Blue Book UFO study.

Ret. Air Force Col. Robert Friend: Former director of the Air Force's Project Blue Book from 1958 to 1963.

The fifth guest at the museum's upcoming UFO lecture is former U.K. UFO desk officer Nick Pope.

....Should be worth a visit for anyone in the vicinity!

Cheers.

Yawn !!!

The problem in society is people have no clue whats taught on a physics degree. Many people still think that they're living in the 17th Century when it comes to science.

Revelation Number 1 - Einsteins Special Relativity

Einstein figured out how gravity works and discovered that mass curves spactime. The faster an object travels, the more its mass increases and the more it curves spacetime.

Revelation Number 2 - Lorentz Gravity

Einstein was competing with Lorentz over who had the right formula to explain how gravity works. An experiment designed to test the presense of an ether in space failed meaning Einstein was selected as the winner. This is before Exotic energy and non-locality were discovered.

Revelation Number 3 - Maxwells Electro-Magnetic Field Equations

Maxwell is the guy who figured out how electrc fields and magnetic fields work. He discovered they were both basically the same thing and called the unification of both electro-magnetism.

Revelation Number 4 - Electrons Have Mass

Yes thats right electrons have mass and this means they curve spacetime (gravity). Now guess which version of gravity do you think is used in Maxwells Field Equations? You guessed right its Lorentz Gravity not Special Relativity. Not only are the formulas with Lorentz Gravity in them experimentally verified but they allow electro-magnetic fields to propagate faster than the speed of light (Lorentz Gavity is not limited by the speed limit in Special Relativity).

Revelation Number 5 - What does all this mean?

For over a century the public has been misled into thinking the speed of light is the universal speed limit. They havent been informed we can get electro-magnetic fields to propagate faster than the speed of light. In fact most arent even aware that the electron has mass and that they dont obey Special Relativity. As a result the public thinks the only way to build a warp drive is by creating a gravity field around a ship. An electro-magnetic field does exactly the same (warps spacetime) and is more powerful due to electrons working off Lorentz Gravity not Special Relativity. We have the means, technology and science to produce warp drive right now and have had it for most of the 20th Century.

More Bull#¤"% - only 29.99. and if you hurry you can buy the amazing, never seen before DVD, best prize ever.

Pfffff,...

. We have the means, technology and science to produce warp drive right now and have had it for most of the 20th Century.

hmmm, is this where Ben Rich's comments come into play about Einstein equation having an error and also the 'means to travel the star's.'.....

Edited by quillius

hmmm, is this where Ben Rich's comments come into play about Einstein equation having an error and also the 'means to travel the star's.'.....

Didn't someone come up with a theory about how the speed of light might be relative after all rather than a constant?

Didn't someone come up with a theory about how the speed of light might be relative after all rather than a constant?

not too sure McG....I am sure that this thread has some legs though :yes:

The problems with special relativity are -

1. Non-locality violates the speed of light (experimentally confirmed in Bells Inequality and Quantum Teleportation).

2. It limits the speed of gravity to the speed of light.

Now the second one is a really big problem because Gravity has no detectable Aberration. I'll explain what that means -

1. Light takes 8 1/2 minute to reach the Earth from the Sun.

2. If the speed of gravity equalled the speed of light then the Earth would be attracted to where the Sun was 8 1/2 minutes ago.

3. In experiments designed to test this no such lag (aberration) exists.

4. The experiments actually show that Newtons speed of gravity (infinite speed) is the correct one.

Now of course Newtons gravity doesnt explain time dialation and therefore its predictions dont match whats observed for objects moving a high speeds. Mossotti-Lorentz Gravity was created as an alternative to Special Relativity. In it -

1. Gravity isnt a seperate force.

2. With electro-magnetic forces opposite charges attract slightly more than like charges repel.

3. This difference is whats mistakenly seen as gravity.

4. Electro-magnetic fields can propagate faster than light under the right circumstances.

5. It deals with time dialation.

6. It requies a universal ether. Experiments to detect an ether drag did actually detect one but it was a lot smaller than expected.

7. A small drag meant Einsteins Special Relativity was adopted by science as the correct theory. This is dispite it not matching whats observed with electro-magnetism.

The problems with Special Relativity and electro-magnetism are why Einstein couldnt unify gravity with electro-magnestism. In Quantum Mechanics they are working on new theories of gravity -

1. Modified Newtonian Mechanics

2. Quantum Loop Gravity

They all have Mossotti-Lorentz gravity at their heart.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

1. Non-locality violates the speed of light (experimentally confirmed in Bells Inequality and Quantum Teleportation).

Now the second one is a really big problem because Gravity has no detectable Aberration. I'll explain what that means -

2. If the speed of gravity equalled the speed of light then the Earth would be attracted to where the Sun was 8 1/2 minutes ago.

4. The experiments actually show that Newtons speed of gravity (infinite speed) is the correct one.

Now of course Newtons gravity doesnt explain time dialation and therefore its predictions dont match whats observed for objects moving a high speeds. Mossotti-Lorentz Gravity was created as an alternative to Special Relativity. In it -

2. With electro-magnetic forces opposite charges attract slightly more than like charges repel.

4. Electro-magnetic fields can propagate faster than light under the right circumstances.

6. It requies a universal ether. Experiments to detect an ether drag did actually detect one but it was a lot smaller than expected.

7. A small drag meant Einsteins Special Relativity was adopted by science as the correct theory. This is dispite it not matching whats observed with electro-magnetism.

The problems with Special Relativity and electro-magnetism are why Einstein couldnt unify gravity with electro-magnestism. In Quantum Mechanics they are working on new theories of gravity -

2. Quantum Loop Gravity

thanks for post, may take me a while to absorb and understand it fully.....I am sure that some others that are more educated in this field may respond to some of your points.

As I said before I feel this thread has some legs in it yet.......but then I thought a thread about someone wetting themselves would die after two posts...how wrong was I!

2. Quantum Loop Gravity

OK, Ainshtain, did you come up with that by yourself, or did you just C/P'd from some source, which you didn't provided?

OK, Ainshtain, did you come up with that by yourself, or did you just C/P'd from some source, which you didn't provided?

Most of it I knew already.

When we look at the electrons mass and apply Special Relativity we expect to see a weak gravity field from the particle. Far too weak to be of any use to us if we wanted to construct a warp drive.

But with Mossitto-Lorentz gravity it is of course different. Opposite charges attract more than like charges repel and the difference is mistaken as the force called gravity. Once we realise that its electro-magnetism (an electric field or a magnetic field) that curves spacetime then its a whole new ball game.

If we construct a ship and charge its hull up with an electric field of 100,000 volts we dont get the level of warp predicted by Special Relativity which would be tiny. The effect is extremely powerful.

I see that the National Atomic Testing Museum has a store on its website. They sell various informational DVDs. This would be a good place to look for a recording of the upcoming UFO lecture, directly after the live presentation on the 22nd. Will inquire of the museum, if they will offer such a recording, and report their response here.