Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why I'm still skeptical

novabnt

I've never really believed in aliens, ET, or abductions of any related kind, and I have (what I hope are) some valid reasons not to.

People can be really good at making stuff up and inadvertently recalling false facts and memories. Talking to people who saw something can either be really helpful or simply useless. Take those who just sit there all day and hoax out false information - "it landed in my backyard and it had a lotta lights and pretty shiny stuff" - and those who blindly go ahead and assume that the hoaxer is telling the truth, for example.

Phenomena such as the ever so fabled alien-tech-reverse-engineered TR-3B ("Tier 3b") were vindicated by Edgar Fouche's claims of previous employment at Area 51 and the famous photo taken in Belgium in 1989... which was later admitted to be hoaxed. Again, there's no proof of an aircraft called the TR-3B beyond some guy saying that it exists.

Of course the government works on secret stuff. Back in '56, people started photographing the U-2 before it's declassification, and then came the Blackbird, the Nighthawk, the B-2, and just recently the supposedly new aircraft over Texas, plus countless others.

Fake videos exist on Youtube and other video streaming sites and people believe what they see, despite the fact that there were holes and errors left behind by the "UFO" being post-processed into the video...

I don't see any reason to believe that any advanced civilizations frequently visit our planet just to look at things and snatch people up.

Nature is a completely different story, you've got correlations in UFO sightings with the presence of Venus, lenticular clouds, etc...

Around five years ago, I did see what either looked to be ball lightning, a meteor, or some other atmospheric effect. It was blue, left no trail, and was only visible for about two seconds. Whether my mind was playing tricks on me or not, I will never know. But for all intents and purposes, I feel comfortable saying it wasn't ET flying around in a fancy spaceship.

I don't believe yet that intelligent alien life forms are paying us visits in many different places as well as in many different kinds of spaceships, all around the globe at almost all times.

Edited by PM3K
  • Like 2

Take those who just sit there all day and hoax out false information - "it landed in my backyard and it had a lotta lights and pretty shiny stuff" - and those who blindly go ahead and assume that the hoaxer is telling the truth, for example.

I can not understand why some folk eat up such obvious BS. They and the OP's become enraged at times if you refuse to believe them or dare question their integrity. :w00t:

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 2

I think its entirely possible that there is another planet like ours in another galaxy with folks just like us, other than that I'm not buying it. :)

• Like 2

Well said BrooklynGuy...

I sit on the fence when it comes to UFO's & such.. I too believe there is no one 'visiting' us... but in the past, who knows.. I mean I don't believe 99.9% of all what's been published over the past on TV & in books etc etc.. But to think there might have been a time.. long ago when someone did 'visit' and show us the way... I mean way brefore the Pyramids, they left no trace( because they knew it woulod be wrong to) and gave us a push in the right direction... Maybe..

But the sceptics who say there is no other life out there at all are nuts!!!!

Maybe they have never visited us at all but they are still up there... they must be??

And why are people discussing their personal beliefs ?

You see something wrong with that? What kind of discussion do you want in a thread that says "Why I'm still skeptical"?

• Like 3

I always wondered how the et's could survive a couple hundred years in space while they travel all the way to earth. People claim that they use a wormhole or advanced propulsion system that enables them to bend space and time allowing them to travel great distances in a relatively short period of time compared to our modern day means of advanced propultion systems I.e. rockets.

It's simple. Aliens have been already assimilated on Earth in the past by their own creation.

Is there any trace of them still in some of our blood? Yes. Are they still entirely in their pure form on earth? Perhaps yes but hiding. Can they still fly using ancient technology? Yes they can. Do they still have their own planet? Not any more. Do they want to take over Earth? Heck no. Why they can' t show up themselves? Because we are ready to lie and kill as to maintain our believes.

Edited by qxcontinuum

I always wondered how the et's could survive a couple hundred years in space while they travel all the way to earth. People claim that they use a wormhole or advanced propulsion system that enables them to bend space and time allowing them to travel great distances in a relatively short period of time compared to our modern day means of advanced propultion systems I.e. rockets.

Physicists have not proven Wormholes to be impossible, but they are regarded as improbable. What people largely perceive when thinking about a wormhole is a Science Fiction construct.

Well said BrooklynGuy...

I sit on the fence when it comes to UFO's & such.. I too believe there is no one 'visiting' us... but in the past, who knows.. I mean I don't believe 99.9% of all what's been published over the past on TV & in books etc etc.. But to think there might have been a time.. long ago when someone did 'visit' and show us the way... I mean way brefore the Pyramids, they left no trace( because they knew it woulod be wrong to) and gave us a push in the right direction... Maybe..

Maybe they have never visited us at all but they are still up there... they must be??

Gidday Mate!!

I am running with your last option there.

• Like 1

Why not bend space-time? We know it bends but just are not sure how we can bend it in tthe way we want yet.

I don't know of too many skeptics out there that say this.

It's a big leap to go from believing in life in the universe and believing in said life visiting us in their spaceships, sticking things in our butts, and cutting up our cattle.

• Like 3