Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bioshock Infinite?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

I am currently sampling yt walkthoroughs, to get an overall taste of the game (and want to find a badass gamer that simply does not spam the fire button all the time). The graphics are gorgeous but there IS a strong element of COD fps redundancy.

I was going to pick up my copy tomorrow that I had put a deposit on and now I am not so sure. $60-$65 bucks is abit much these days.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#2    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Aha... Centerstrain01 is a great walkthrough yt channel.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#3    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

❝ ♔ Beauty

• 8,239 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

My brother has this game. I watched his play it on Wednesday. He likes it and says that it's different from the other games.

Edited by Princess Serenity, 29 March 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Av by unicorns @ lacedskulls.

#4    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 29 March 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

My brother has this game. I watched his play it on Wednesday. He likes it and says that it's different from the other games.

Yeah, my doubts revolves around the fact I am finding its gameplay questionable which resembles CoD "run and gun" style. The thing I liked about the original was its atmosphere, the insane slicers, big daddies, etc.

#5    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 29 March 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

Yeah, my doubts revolves around the fact I am finding its gameplay questionable which resembles CoD "run and gun" style. The thing I liked about the original was its atmosphere, the insane slicers, big daddies, etc.
Just download a cracked version then buy it if you like it.

Posted Image

#6    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 29 March 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Just download a cracked version then buy it if you like it.

To be honest, this is probably one of only two games this year that will be worth the brand new price. The other being GTAV.

#7    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,674 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

I've played it and wow. Amazing. So far the start has quite a few similarities to Bioshock and you will instantly pick these up.

#8    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 29 March 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

To be honest, this is probably one of only two games this year that will be worth the brand new price. The other being GTAV.

What do you think about Defiance (4/2/13 here), it is a MMO?

View PostOrcseeker, on 29 March 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

I've played it and wow. Amazing. So far the start has quite a few similarities to Bioshock and you will instantly pick these up.

It is getting great reviews from the professional sites, but it appears to be dividing gamers though. My only issues is the COD 'run and gun' gameplay where all it consists of shooting a gazillion bullets at squads and waves of enemies.

#9    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

I've definitely read a lot of good things about Bioshock: Infinite, but I seriously doubt it deserves all the perfect scores it's getting. There's no such thing as a perfect game, or perfect anything for that matter. I only have one friend playing it at the moment and he says he likes it, but in some ways it's a pretty typical FPS.

As for Defiance, I played the hell out of the PS3 beta and had a great time. The beta had more content than some full games this generation, and I've been jonesing to play more since it ended. The graphics aren't amazing even on PC, but it's a huge world with lots of NPCs and potentially lots of players so I'd say the graphics are good considering that. It's at least 90% co-op, and most of the action happens in the open world, but there are 4 player co-op instances as well as traditional competitive multiplayer that happens both in the open world and in regular levels. You just queue up for whatever you're interested in, and keep playing in the open world until you load into the game. Load times are short, but it's a pretty big install on the HD. There are lots of beta videos for all the platforms on YouTube if you want to see some gameplay. The story seems good, but I skipped most of the scenes so it would be fresh to me when I play the game. The voice acting is ok but not great, and the same goes for the AI. There will be DLC, but any new areas will be playable by everyone whether they pay or not. Any new loot in the DLC will only be usable by people who pay. That's about all the Defiance info I can think of at the moment. As you can probably tell I'm looking forward to launch day. (April 2nd)

http://www.defiance.com/en/

That's the main link for the show and game. Click "Explore the game", then "Community", then "Forums" to find a lot of other info I probably forgot.

Edited by MysticStrummer, 29 March 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#10    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Ho-ly crap. How could I not have heard about Defiance? I'm posting about Destiny as though it's the first MMO of its kind, yet Defiance will be almost a year ahead. And it's out in a couple of days!

Thanks guys, I might just have to buy this when it comes out!

#11    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 29 March 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

I've definitely read a lot of good things about Bioshock: Infinite, but I seriously doubt it deserves all the perfect scores it's getting. There's no such thing as a perfect game, or perfect anything for that matter. I only have one friend playing it at the moment and he says he likes it, but in some ways it's a pretty typical FPS.

Yes beneath that gorgeous veneer it is a typical FPS that runs about 13 hours I've heard. Plus, the 8 gun weapon wheel has been replaced by two gun only mechanic and I heard the vigours (plasmids in the first two Bioshock games) are uberpowerful especially with upgrades.

View PostExpandMyMind, on 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Ho-ly crap. How could I not have heard about Defiance? I'm posting about Destiny as though it's the first MMO of its kind, yet Defiance will be almost a year ahead. And it's out in a couple of days!

That's what I am thinking especially after learning it was a MMO (for the 360 I hope).

#12    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yeah Destiny sounds amazing. I'll most likely be picking that up as soon as it releases for PS4. It sounds like a greatly expanded version of the Defiance idea. Defiance was first announced at last year's E3, but they've been working on the whole TV show/game project for about five years. The show has some of the people from Battlestar Galactica involved. They say the show and game will evolve together. The game releases about two weeks before the show starts and serves as a prequel. Two of the main characters from the show start out in the game, which is set in and around the ruins of the San Francisco bay area, then at the end of the story drive off toward the setting of the show, which is set in and around the ruins of St Louis. At the beginning of the show they arrive, having already gone through the adventure with the players. I've read that characters from the show will leave and come to the game, and vice versa. Players who do well even have a shot at their character making an appearance on the show! Same with clans. You can give your character a unique name, separate from your PSN or XBL ID if you play on those platforms, and they say to think of a good sci-fi appropriate name in case your character makes it to the show. You can see the first 14 minutes of the show at the link below.

http://www.defiance....s/video/2634770

They say you don't need to both play the game and watch the show to enjoy the story, but if you do both you'll get more immersion and info. I'll give the show a chance, but I already know I like the game.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#13    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostB Jenkins, on 29 March 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

That's what I am thinking especially after learning it was a MMO (for the 360 I hope).

Yup it's PS3/360/PC, but the platforms won't be playing along with each other.

#14    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Here's a short video promo for the co-op in Defiance.

#15    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

...and one for the competitive multiplayer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users